"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Going to prom stag?

face2003

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
ubiquitous
Sup dude's?

Here is my situation, during the last few weeks, I have been quite lazy in my 'quest to find a prom date'. I asked only a few girls and all of them had been taken. Now it's 2 days before the prom and I don't have a date. But, I do have a tux and a singles ticket.

Here is my problem, I'm feeling a little insecure about going to prom alone seeing how it's a couples dance. I do have a group of friends that I could go with but they all have dates so it would still be a little akward (not that it bothers me). Anyway, are any of you guys goin stag?

No matter what happens, I'm still goin to prom, I just wanted to see if I was alone in this or not...
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Pimpsville
going solo

I was in the exact situation last year when I was a junior. I went and had an good time. This year I have a date and I'm almost certain the experience will be much better. ;)

If you do go at it alone make the most of it. There will probably be some guys and even gals that go solo aswell, chat them up. And just because a girl has a date doesnt mean she has to dance with him at every song, the slow dances are usually reserved for the the girl and her date, but the rest makes her up for grabs. Just don't go too wild and rub your crotch on her while her date is watching you.:D

Really kid, go and try to grab yourself a date. It'll probably be much more fun, especially since you can have sex with her later. If you don't get one, there's no problem with that, still have a great time anyway with your friends and all the rest of the prom goers. Enjoy.
 

face2003

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
ubiquitous
Well, prom is tomorrow and it's quite hard to find a date with 1 day left...:D. But, now i'm feeling a lot more confident thanks to your post and my cool tux (white zuit suit :D:D). Thanks man.

About the dancing with girls part, that I have no problem with it, during winterball I was the star of the dance, me and a freind started a battle (funny a$$ dancing though). It was cool, everyone in the whole place was watching us :).
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Go out and search for a date, but dont act too desperate, more just like it was no big deal to you as you could get anyone.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
dont worry, its too late. I dont know why prom is such a big thing for HS kids. I went to the club instead of prom, and had a blast.. but to each his own, some girls dream about this as much as they dream about marriage.:rolleyes:
 

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
WA State
Yes, everyone makes too big of a deal about prom. Girls like it because they get to look pretty and get lots of attention. Guys like it because they think they'll get laid.

I didn't go to prom... I can think of a lot more fun things to do with the $300 or so it would cost to do. Instead, one of my friends blew $200 on some killer chronic and I helped smoke it all with a couple of my good friends... In one night. No experience I could have had at prom would have topped that.

I wouldn't go to prom stag. I went to one dance by myself, and it was lame. Why waste the money if you're not getting laid at the end? Unless you really like dancing THAT much...
 
Top