Going to Ethiopia!

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out that the company I work for is sending us over to Ethiopia to put up some AM towers in a few weeks! :D

I'll be there for about 4-5 weeks. I've been working with this crew while trying to secure a teaching job here in the local district, and it's turned out to be quite the job. We've travelled all over the western US, but now we have this contract in Ehtiopia, then we're off to Guam later in the summer, and Hawaii is also on the agenda. Maybe I'll put off finding that teaching job!

I am so stoked! We fly into Amsterdam, and then on to Africa. I am so pumped to spend time in Amsterdam and experience the local culture. :up:

Anybody ever spent any time in Africa or have any advice for this guy? Fvckin' A, man this is sweet! If only the AIDS rate weren't like 99% over there...

Pics of me working:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/Magma3030/DSC01942.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/Magma3030/DSC01940.jpg

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
I am so stoked! We fly into Amsterdam, and then on to Africa. I am so pumped to spend time in Amsterdam and experience the local culture. :up:

Anybody ever spent any time in Africa or have any advice for this guy? Fvckin' A, man this is sweet! If only the AIDS rate weren't like 99% over there...
Bring condoms. Look in your bag before you go and count how many you have. The go out and buy more.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow congrats. Over seas work pays a ton of dough, right?

Ever been out of the country before?

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox said:
Bring condoms. Look in your bag before you go and count how many you have. The go out and buy more.

Well, since we're only in Amsterdam for a few hours on a layover, I'm just going to find the nearest coffee shop and get ripped to the bay-jeezus, and NOT worry about the red light district. I've never paid for sex, and am not about to start.

I just can't imagine even THINKING about sex in Africa. Fvcking yikes.

My dollar is going to go a long way over there, that's for sure. I guess some of the local guys we're hiring are going to be making $10 a day, which is about twice what they normally get paid.

I guess it's just exciting for me because I've only been east of the Mississippi River once in my life, and that was when my parents took us to Disney World when I was 11. And Canada doesn't count as travelling abroad either. I was in Nogales, Mexico one time. I thought I was going to wake up in a bathtub full of ice with my kidneys missing!

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
Wow congrats. Over seas work pays a ton of dough, right?

Ever been out of the country before?
Dude, the pay is going to be sick! I'll have enough in a month to get all the parts, motor, and frame for a '69 Triumph Bonneville that I've been wanting to build. Can't wait!

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Magma said:
You live a strange and fascinating life Mac.
This is however another prime reason why I am able to attract women. Because I live a fascinating life. I don't necessarily let all the strange stuff that your referencing be known, just the fascinating stuff.:rock:

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma................. Have a great trip! I've never been to Africa but I've been to Amsterdam several times. It's a blast. Cheers!