"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Going shopping with women - bad idea?

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
Just met a hot chick at my gym, and we're going to a 1930s party at the weekend.

She asked where the best place was to buy 30s clothing, so I told her an area of London I knew had lots of retro shops.

So she said would I come and help her pick something out the afternoon before the party.

I initially said 'ok' but then had doubts - this is something women do with other women right? I suspect any man that did it would automatically get LJBF or be assumed gay.

So I emailed and said I wouldn't go after all as I'm no good at helping girls pick clothes. She then said ok, it was only an opportunity for us to meet up and have a drink anyway!

Did I do the right thing? I think it was best to avoid it, especially since we're meeting that evening anyway - didn't want to appear too available.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

deeman

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
LI, NY
I think you did the right thing. I made the mistake of going shopping with a female friend and it drove me absolutely insane. The fact that women are so indecisive rain true big time when they are out shopping, and since I am a guy that makes a decision on things in a matter of seconds, her constant second guessing whether an outfit was cute or not drove me up the wall. So I left her ass and told her I would meet her later.

If I were you (if its not to late) I would tell her you would be down to meet her where she was after she was done with the shopping aspect (maybe to show you what shes got) and sit with her to un-wind her with coffee/drink/meal. This way you are 'meeting her half way'.
 

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
"I only let women who I am dating dress me. Maybe you can dress me one day"
 

1hepcat

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Normally I say no to shopping but this doesn't sound too bad. This is a little different but hell I like 30's and 40's vintage stuff, be it clothes or whatever. So I would have made an exception and gone.
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
Thanks guys...she's emailed me again and said she understands completely but she wouldn't have kept me out too long (they all say that!)

I think it's best to limit the time together and not be too available - going shopping and going to a party when we haven't even been on a date before is a bit TOO much. She is damn smoking hot though - looks like Betty Boop!
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
You should've said that you have an appointment in 40 minutes and let her decide in that timeframe
 

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
544
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Boston, Ma
I don't know about you guys but when I need new clothes I have a girl come out with me and pick some out for me. I make her my personal shopper. They seem to love it most of the time.
 

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
4
Age
44
Location
Scotland
Hi Austin,

Generally it is not a good idea to go shopping with girls. However, you did promise to go with her, so e-mailing her to cancel at the last minute was a bit flaky

Oh, if it is a 30s do and you have brown hair, I bet you would look really good in a cream suit a la Robert Redford in THe Great Gatsby. I wear a cream/offwhite suit when I go to jazz clubs, and always get a lot of female attention.
 
Top