Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going shopping with women - bad idea?

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just met a hot chick at my gym, and we're going to a 1930s party at the weekend.

She asked where the best place was to buy 30s clothing, so I told her an area of London I knew had lots of retro shops.

So she said would I come and help her pick something out the afternoon before the party.

I initially said 'ok' but then had doubts - this is something women do with other women right? I suspect any man that did it would automatically get LJBF or be assumed gay.

So I emailed and said I wouldn't go after all as I'm no good at helping girls pick clothes. She then said ok, it was only an opportunity for us to meet up and have a drink anyway!

Did I do the right thing? I think it was best to avoid it, especially since we're meeting that evening anyway - didn't want to appear too available.

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. I made the mistake of going shopping with a female friend and it drove me absolutely insane. The fact that women are so indecisive rain true big time when they are out shopping, and since I am a guy that makes a decision on things in a matter of seconds, her constant second guessing whether an outfit was cute or not drove me up the wall. So I left her ass and told her I would meet her later.

If I were you (if its not to late) I would tell her you would be down to meet her where she was after she was done with the shopping aspect (maybe to show you what shes got) and sit with her to un-wind her with coffee/drink/meal. This way you are 'meeting her half way'.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I only let women who I am dating dress me. Maybe you can dress me one day"

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Normally I say no to shopping but this doesn't sound too bad. This is a little different but hell I like 30's and 40's vintage stuff, be it clothes or whatever. So I would have made an exception and gone.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys...she's emailed me again and said she understands completely but she wouldn't have kept me out too long (they all say that!)

I think it's best to limit the time together and not be too available - going shopping and going to a party when we haven't even been on a date before is a bit TOO much. She is damn smoking hot though - looks like Betty Boop!

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should've said that you have an appointment in 40 minutes and let her decide in that timeframe

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but when I need new clothes I have a girl come out with me and pick some out for me. I make her my personal shopper. They seem to love it most of the time.

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Austin,

Generally it is not a good idea to go shopping with girls. However, you did promise to go with her, so e-mailing her to cancel at the last minute was a bit flaky

Oh, if it is a 30s do and you have brown hair, I bet you would look really good in a cream suit a la Robert Redford in THe Great Gatsby. I wear a cream/offwhite suit when I go to jazz clubs, and always get a lot of female attention.