Gladiators!::Approach Anxiety Competition!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha that was exactly what happened to me. I ran out of stuff to talk about and started to repeat myself. oh well, live and learn.

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
haha that was exactly what happened to me. I ran out of stuff to talk about and started to repeat myself. oh well, live and learn.
I'm used to approaching to build rapport and not necessarily for numbers, so I was a bit out of my element this morning.I feel hungrier for approaches now. That's a positive of it. I have all day to do another one also. The cafeteria is filled with HB's, there are HB's waiting in the hallways before my 1 PM class, and the rec center is full of HB's too. I just have to take a chance with the number closing today. I know I have all week to do this, but I want to not procrastinate. That and that approach pissed me off this morning. haha

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you don't need to number close today. you can build rapport early on in the week and grab the number later. The weeks task is to cold approach and number close and the timeframe is one week.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach # 1 accomplished...or is it?

There is this really attractive girl who sits in front of me in math class. I knew I was interested in her; she's Latina with the features of a white girl (pointy nose, light skinned & stuff), but with that nice, firm butt.

A few other girls (hb7 & hb7) and I were talking about homework and the quizzes we had just received back. We were playing and I had one of them laughing. Long story short, Jasmine (the target) came in late and asked me for the answer to a homework question.

her: hey did you get # 4?
me: (playfully) I diiiid. what did you get?
her: Can I see it?
me : (smiling) nooo, I'm not giving you my answers, but here. I grabbed her hand and tok her paper and showed her how to do it
her: (confused) You gotta add ALL those numbers?!
me: yeah, but it's pretty simple..blah blah (showed her how do it)

*Class starts*

Out of nowhere, she turns her head, glazes at me and smiles. I give her a slight smirk. I'm thinking in my head (oookay! hah)

*Class ends*

She gets up and talks to the professor and then comes back to her seat. She looks kind of loopy so I re-opened:

me:hey, are you sick?
her: (smiling) yeah...I wasn't going to come to class today
me: do you have a strep throat or something?
her: I don't know. I don't put medication in my body so I have to see.
me: *Playfully with an uh oh face* Ohh..you're one of those "I go natural, people? haha. What do you have?
her: yeahhh...I don't know...I need to go see my doctor.
me: Why do yo need to see a doctor if you don't believe in medication?
her: uhhh...(with a "oh crap" face) to see what I have. I feel terrible.
me: Haha, yeah I noticed you all dizzy-looking in class.
her: I feel like craaap. I didn't get any of the problems or how to do the yada yada yada (math stuff)
me: bring up relating material and she's excited at my responses
her: Are you Latino?
me: mmhmm!
her: what kind?
me: Guatemalan, and you?
her: I'm Mexican. Have you ever been to Guatemala?
me: Yeah...da da da about how I came to the US at age 13 to live in Boston for 7 years and now I'm here for school.
her: Wow, how do you like LA?
me: yada yada yada, but hey I gotta go. Do you have email? (hand her pen & paper)
her: (looks like she's thinking and then starts writing)
me: Put your number there too and your name , and I'll catch up with you later.
her: (writes #) my name is Jasmine
me: cool, I'll see you later! (she walks away without saying a thing)

I thought it went mostly pretty well except for the number-close, but I got a gut feeling and now that Im writing this and I see her # I noticed there's a number missing, haha...friggin' b*tch...but I'll see her again, build some more rapport and tease her about not giving me the 7 digits. Any suggestions on what I should say to her next class? Im not sure if I should just let it go or try to get the 7th number?

A good possible, playful tease would go a little like: "woah, I was saving your info the other day and I noticed you really gave me a math problem here, lol. Is this in revenge for not giving you my answers? You wrote down six numbers.

Then (her excuse)

And then I would probably say. (playfully) If you didn't wanna give me your # or you have a bf or something you could have just told me that! (I'm not sure though)

What do you guys think?

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
you don't need to number close today. you can build rapport early on in the week and grab the number later. The weeks task is to cold approach and number close and the timeframe is one week.
Ok, I did number close attempts after 2 cold approaches today, so my task is complete for the week.
Cafeteria during lunch.
I saw an HB 7/8 Tanned Sorority girl there waiting in line for something. I then approached her.
Me: Hey, I like your tan. But you must be a high maintenance girl since you have a tan like that.
Her: No, I just work at a tanning salon.
Me: What do you do there? You must have a lot of time to do whatever you want there.
Her: Yes, it gives me time to do schoolwork.
Me: Do you work out?
Her: Yes, some.
Me: I'm going to lift weights later on today, but it's a pretty busy day for me.
Then we end up talking about our majors and life. We exchange names and shake hands. I then say "Let's exchange names and we'll talk again sometime" She said "I don't give my number out to people". I laughed.

I saw an HB 7 Brunette standing outside her class. I then approached her.
Me: Hey, you look like you're bored waiting there for class.
Her: Yes, I'm waiting for my upper division History class.
Me: I'm taking a lower division History class.
Her"I've taken that.
Me: You must be a history major then?
Her: Yes. I was supposed to graduate this semester.
Me: I bet it was your fault that you're still stuck here?
Her: Yes, it is. I went to a small college in East TN.
Me: Are you from there then?
Her: No, I'm from Memphis. Where are you from?
Me: I laugh and then say I'm from a small town in West TN about an hour away and that I graduated with 50 people.
Her: I graduated with less people than that.
Me: That doesn't make any sense at all.
Then we exchange names and I say "Let's exchange numbers and we'll talk again some other time" She says "I don't think my boyfriend would like that".
I still need a couple numbers despite having finished the task.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
Good success story powpow! I swear I thought you were Asian, haha. The last thing in my mind was you being white. Out of curiosity: what are you doing in Tokyo?
man Im here teaching english and trying my best to be pro mma over here.

Agent, my approach anxiety is actually pretty bad because Im really self conscious of my poor japanese. honestly, the thing that helped me out

was...

BAM!! a chu-hai before I left. its that 9% fruit ****tail joint. lemon.

Im always afraid of approaching women on the street for some reason. clubs are ok, because I know why women are there mostly. women on the street are a mystery.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
robyn man so close

yeah I think youre right, a playful, non-hurt neg sounds like a good option. seems like you play ****y funny pretty well - I know some people would say just take rejection and next this girl. But it seems like she was giving you some IOIs

if youre digging this girl, or just like a good challenge, go for it. I like your idea of talking about revenge - sets up a playful mood.

Deicide, good job with the approach man. Sounds like you were a little nervous, especially with the first girl.

Remember to keep closed ended questions to a bare minimum.
youre opener with the tan girl was good, but a little too caustic. try something more playful like pointing out that its still february, asking her what kind of sunny beach she just got back from. something like that. its still a neg because she will think she is less than your expectations not to be able to fly across the world to get a tan like that.

also, dont qualify yourself or fish for interest
exhibit A
Me: I'm going to lift weights later on today, but it's a pretty busy day for me.
man she doesnt care lol

but bro, nice job for approaching! just keep working on your game. best way to do it is to actually DO IT. well done.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what do you guys think your strengths and weakness's were? Or what you did well/poorly.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just going to get into this competition. So I'll see what I can do in next couple days ;)

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
powpow said:
robyn man so close

yeah I think youre right, a playful, non-hurt neg sounds like a good option. seems like you play ****y funny pretty well - I know some people would say just take rejection and next this girl. But it seems like she was giving you some IOIs

if youre digging this girl, or just like a good challenge, go for it. I like your idea of talking about revenge - sets up a playful mood.

Deicide, good job with the approach man. Sounds like you were a little nervous, especially with the first girl.

Remember to keep closed ended questions to a bare minimum.
youre opener with the tan girl was good, but a little too caustic. try something more playful like pointing out that its still february, asking her what kind of sunny beach she just got back from. something like that. its still a neg because she will think she is less than your expectations not to be able to fly across the world to get a tan like that.

also, dont qualify yourself or fish for interest
exhibit A
man she doesnt care lol

but bro, nice job for approaching! just keep working on your game. best way to do it is to actually DO IT. well done.
Thanks for the advice powpow. Yes, I was nervous about the first approach. I'm not used to negging as an opener, but I will definitely get used to it. I used to just do the "Hey, how're you doing" openers, but those don't lead anywhere generally(They should only be used in passing a female on the street, and even then, there are better ones). I'm taking Japanese class here in America, it's a fun class, but it is difficult to read and understand the sentence structure. I just learned my 46 Hiragana characters and now I'm learning basic things(like my major, year, nationality, etc...). I want to come to Japan someday after I've learned more Japanese. I'm running out of Asian women to approach here. haha I already speak Spanish since it's my major. I liked how you dragged that Japanese girl away from her "date" for the night, you went through a some resistance just to do that. Good job!

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll post the other one when I get another approach under my belt but this is from this morning. I had just got done eating and I walk past a girl that I danced with at a party but didn't know anything else about her cause I was drunk...

Me: Call me crazy, but haven't I met you before?
HBPartygirl: Yes, you have. I believe
Me: Was I really drunk??
HBPartygirl: You seemed to be but your friend was drunk.
Me: haha yeah, I think I remember your name...HBPartygirl was it?
HB: Yeah, you're good at names lol
Me: Ikr
HBPartygirl: What was your name again?
Me: GTP
HBPartygirl: Ohh ok
(We started talking about my roommate and how hectic her classes are this week)
Me: I gotta get going, what's your # so I can text you sometime.

(She gets my number and she texts me hers)

about 45 minutes after I posted the above^ I got a bit fired up ad wen tout and I ended up chickening out a little. I regained my composure and saw an HBLatina sitting on a swinging bench in front of the Library. I was a little hesitant to approach at first, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

Me: Mind if I sit?
HBLatina: Sure
Me: How's your day been
HBLatina: LONG
Me: I know right! I only had two classes today but they're pretty far between each other, so I had to find a way to pass like 6 hours.
HBLatina: Cool lol
Me: Lol, I see I'm starting to make the swing move a lot more now.
HBLatina: Haha, it's better this way
Me: I'm Gray by the way.
HBLatina: I'm HBLatina

(We start talking about where we're from, why we came to the same university, we find out that we stay in neighboring dorms,she shows me all 8 of her piercings 4 on each ear and I show her mine, she also tells me how she was considering getting her belly button pierced as well and we continue to talk for about 7 more minutes

Me: Well, my friend just texted me, so I gotta head out, What's your #, I'll text you sometime.
HBLatina: Sure. *gives me number*
Me: Later!

I have my 2 in order to move to the next round, but I like this. I'm gonna keep approaching a few more throughout the week.

Last edited:

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pierce said:
good stuff gray

Thanks man, I was nervous as hell and was pussying out. I looked GOOD today, like really really good. I mean , I know I'm good looking usually but today was something special and I liked it. Cold approaching isn't as hard as I thought it was. Regardless of rejection or not, (so far none, but I know it'll come eventually) I'm gonna make some more approaches tomorrow.

I'm ready to see the others! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not exactly a pick up, but development!

I'm sitting in the cafeteria after taking two exams & trying to stay awake. Suddenly, I realized I hadn't made my credit card payment and today was my last day so to avoid charges I got on the phone with a bank rep.

Halfway through the call, this hb8 come and sits within a chair next to me. I didn't pay attention to her at all & kept my cool on the phone. Long story short, I checked her out with the corner of my eye & noticed she was cute and this is how it went. New, spontaneous opener!

me: (with a wtf face) Were you just listening to my conversation?
her: Looks scared...(with a strong European accept) ex..excuse me?
me: You heard me. Were you listening to my conversation? (totally serious)
her: Oh...ohh umm no I was just taking with a friend (points at text message)
me: Then, why are you asking so nervous about it? (I'm cracking up inside, haha)
her: I'm ...I'm sorry..I...
me: (smiling) haha, I'm just playing kid!
her: the color goes back to her face & she shows incredible relief (hahahahah)
me: (playfully) is that fur you're wearing? It's like 70 degrees outside and we're in LA, dude. Is that really an animal?
her: yeah...(mumbles something)
me: (at this point I was pretty disppointed. she was good-looking, but she just stood there & was just boring as hell. I can't see myself with a girl like that, plus I find it stupid an animal has to die so that a some chick can show off her money.) NEXT!
her: (waiting in front of me to see what I'm gonna say next)
me: (waving) k..bye bye!

I had a monumental epiphany today. I do a lot of brainstorming regarding my issues to come up with ways to solve them. Change is difficult, but the reward is 10 times better. Anyway, this is going to sound odd, but I realized there's nothing of which I should be scared when it comes to talking to women. I was literally talking to a smoking hot babe and told her "bye bye!" because she bored me. Man, I see why girls reject so much. They are insecure and need validation & it fills you up to reject others. I did it because I was truly not interested, though.

I have been working on myself internally for the past few weeks and the good is starting to show. I've been shy all my life and now I'm finally talking to many more people and I feel a relief inside. This is huge for me! :)

PS: I also met this cute blonde from Macedonia today. She has that cute Russian-like accent and she was giving me IOI's. We walked together after taking a campus-to-campus shuttle bus & she stuck to me like glue, haha. I even sat down for a minute after saying bye and 5 mins later she comes out of nowhere like "Rooobyn! =]" :rolleyes: I'm like "dude, are you following me?!" she laughs saying "would you like some almonds?" I took some and she gives me some b.s. excuse and sits besides me. I'm thinking as this is happening "woooah, I gotta take this behavior & implement it with hotter chicks!" It's incredible what effect conversation has on females & people in general. I strongly encourage you to take actions, guys!

Almost done here, don't wanna write a novel, haha. I have this 24-year old hb8.5 teasing me and giving me IOI's since the first day of singing class. Today, she ran into me again after saying bye just like the blonde chick (weird, right? I know) It went something like this:

me: (shocked face) Duuude, you gotta stop following me. (it worked with blondie!)
her: (smile from cheek to cheek from seeing me) (man this feels good to say, lol) haha, hey!
me: what happened to the good old days where boys and girls could just be friends?
her: speechless with a huuuge smile, bright look focused on me and her body pointed my way.
me: (walking away) what are you gonna do next, send me a love note or something?
her: just can't believe what she's hearing and cracks up while giving me the f*ck me eyes

I'll probably hear from her in class; she's in my singing group. She heard me playing the piano & when I approached a guy friend of ours (beta) she literally shifted her body language and with f*ck me eyes & a flirty smile says "I heard you playing the piano. Braavo!" I said thanks and then she teased me about being a baby when I said I was 21(she's 24). On the not-so-good-side, though: she's a single mother, sooo I'll probably keep my distance except to get practice or maybe she has a hot friend. You never know!

I'll update tomorrow on Jasmine (6-digit hb). G'night!

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt like shit this morning. I wasn't planning on doing any approaching today, I wasn't in the mood this morning, I had an 8 am class. So my 9 am is a Geography lab and I noticed this cute HB8 who was wearing a baseball cap and what appeared to be a hunting jacket on, so I'll call her HBCountrygal. She smiled at me in class and of course, I noticed.

Anyways, as I was walking out of class, I see her walking with some dude, but they don't say anything to each other, so Idk if they knew each other or if he's FZed or what I originally wasn't gonna approach.

So, a few minutes later I noticed that we were walking in the same direction and the AFC remnants inside of me said "Don't!! She probably has a bf!!" Then I told the little AFC that's still inside me to shut the fuck up. And I went and opened:

Me:Hey, aren't you in my lab?
HBCountrygal: Yeah!
Me: I often call it Geology instead of Geography
HBCountrygal: Me too, I noticed you yesterday when you were laughing and making comments at that crazy Christian Zealot guy! I was laughing my ass off! (One of those traveling ministers who shouts damnation at walking bystanders on college campuses)
Me: Yeah, it's a turnoff for someone who wants to know more about Christianity. He should be preaching about it with Love ad Understanding instead of through fear and guilt-tripping.
Me:By the way, my name is Gray
HBCountrygal: I'm HBCountrygal (we shake hands)

We start talking some more and I find out that we also take the same lecture class together, we talk about how boring the professor is, I tell her that we should sit together and keep each other focused. I find out that my dorm is LITERALLY TEN FEET away from hers. I tell her how we almost ended up in the same dorm. We talk a little about Freshman orientation. While I was talking I noticed she was smiling and following along, so I decided to go in for the kill.

Me: Well, I have to go make Housing payments, so I'll talk to you later. Mind if I text you sometime?
HBCountygal: Sure!! *gives me number*

I wasn't even planning on approaching, but I couldn't pass a good opportunity like this. When I first got on SoSuave in September 2010, I was doing A LOT of Mental Masturbation, I would learn a lot from the DJ Bible and other threads from here and put everything together, BUT I COULDN'T EXECUTE IT ON THE FIELD! Cold approaching is NOT as hard as I thought it was. When I don't think about it too much and when I don't give a fuck, I excel. I'm gonna get rejected eventually, but I don't care.

I AM IN IT TO WIN IT! I WILL WIN THIS COMPETITION!!!