"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Give a free pass or next?

captain55

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
1,212
Reaction score
439
I had plans to hang out with a girl Saturday. She’s very nice just a bit of an airhead.

Friday night she contacts me

Her “Hey what are you doing”
“With some friends out. Whatsup”
Her “do you want to meet up tonight?”
Me “when I’m done with my friends in a few hours”
Her “I’ll text you at 12”


I blow off going to the club with my friends to meet her. No response from her all night. I send her a text telling her how disrespected I felt and how turned off I was. I proceeded to tell her I would never deal with this **** if we dated, unless she was amazing in bed and cooked for me all the time.


She finally texts me at 2:45 am saying “I’m just drunk. Uber me to you where are you?” Calls Me but I don’t pickup I’m passed out.

Proceed or no? I feel dissed but I really wanna bang her
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

BaldandBrazy88

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2019
Messages
87
Reaction score
90
Age
31
Been there, exact same situation. At the end, fault is on us my brother. Should ve played it cool. Move on from this one probably will not happen anymore but you can try. Good luck to ya!
 
U

user43770

Guest
I had plans to hang out with a girl Saturday. She’s very nice just a bit of an airhead.

Friday night she contacts me

Her “Hey what are you doing”
“With some friends out. Whatsup”
Her “do you want to meet up tonight?”
Me “when I’m done with my friends in a few hours”
Her “I’ll text you at 12”


I blow off going to the club with my friends to meet her. No response from her all night. I send her a text telling her how disrespected I felt and how turned off I was. I proceeded to tell her I would never deal with this **** if we dated, unless she was amazing in bed and cooked for me all the time.


She finally texts me at 2:45 am saying “I’m just drunk. Uber me to you where are you?” Calls Me but I don’t pickup I’m passed out.

Proceed or no? I feel dissed but I really wanna bang her
Yes, proceed.

Women are fickle always. You shouldn't have blown off your plans for her. You most certainly shouldn't have got emotional through text after the fact. It just makes you look needy.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Sht test & availability trap.
Test when she said she'll text you. You texted her instead. Should have waited for her text, while doing your sht, no text, no game.
Availability trap is being available to her that instance, why not go to sleep when you done with your friends.

 

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2018
Messages
630
Reaction score
670
Age
43
Op- the thing you did wrong was to respond with words and not action. Should not let a woman effect you like that. You are the rock.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top