Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls with "Guy" Names.

RJC18103X

Reaction score
I just got back from camp and dated a chick named Ryan there, and she was a hb8, her name shouldn't dictate what you think of her, but its a good oppritunity to poke some fun at her!

Zod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Patrick124
i didn't read anything. btu i do no my boy casey's goal in life is to fawk a girl named casey.
thats badazz.
That is badass! Having a chick with your name would work in your favor. You could always compliment her, but then say, "Oh no sorry, I was refering to myself in the 3rd person"

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thats a pretty popular *guy* name for girls. i met two girls who have the name ryan

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
familyguy raises a fair point, ive come to that conclusion too, sometimes.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zod
...Dude who cares what the chicks name is? If some smoking hott chick, great tits, jell-o ass, long legs was named Edwardo would that stop you?
Don't worry about the girl with the manly name, worry about the idiot mother that gave her that name!

many times it is aggresive manly mothers who give their daughters stupid unfeminine names. Definitely not the type you want as your mother in law

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm less attracted to a woman if her name is more masculine. I prefer women with feminine names. It's not always a dealbreaker for me depending on the name.

Some women will take feminine names and make them more masculine. Example of this are Alexandra, Samantha, and Christina being shortened to Alex, Sam, and Chris. Alexandra is feminine whereas Alex isn't. With names like these, I'd rather date the woman who goes by the more feminine version of the name.

There are names that are gender neutral too. Examples of this are Casey, Kelly, Jamie, Courtney, Tracy, and Taylor. Few men will turn down Taylor Swift over that.

I have met multiple female Coreys before but I consider that a more masculine name. At the same time, there's the name Cori (pronounced the same way as Corey), which can be short for Corinne.

A female named Ryan would be quite odd to me. I consider Glen/Glenn more masculine, but Glenn Close is a famous female with that more masculine name. I don't think I'd be excited to date a Glenn.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
As a Gen Xer, most women in my age group have traditionally feminine names.

If anything, I think guys’ names have changed more. What used to be last names back in the day are now common first names for a lot of younger guys. The names are still masculine in nature, but the types of names have evolved.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This thread is about girls with guy names. Now there's this HB7.5 that I know, who's in the 12th grade this year, hot, nice body, there's one thing about her though, her name is "Ryan". From what I can see, she's not a tranny or anything, but should I be worried about dating a girl with a "Guy" Name? To open up some discussion, have any of you guys ever been in this situation?
Ryan is both a girl and a guys name...just like Kelly, Pat, Robin, etc...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What used to be last names back in the day are now common first names for a lot of younger guys.
Last names as first names are ridiculous for both males and females. Two of the best examples of this right now are Harper and Avery as girls names right now. Both Harper and Avery have been super trendy girls names since 2010.

As a Gen Xer, most women in my age group have traditionally feminine names.
This is true. I picked out a year in Gen X to show that.

The top 20 names of 1975 were: Jennifer, Amy, Heather, Melissa, Angela, Michelle, Kimberly, Lisa, Stephanie, Nicole, Rebecca, Christina, Jessica, Amanda, Elizabeth, Kelly, Sarah, Julie, Mary, and Laura.

All were good feminine names, with Kelly being the most unisex name in the bunch.

Jennifer was the dominant female name in Gen X, as it was the top girl name in the USA from 1970-1984. 1970-1984 covers most of Gen X and into the early Millennial years. In finishing out the Millennial years, Jennifer ranked #3 in 1985 to #19 in 1996. There are plenty of Gen X'ers named

Jessica and Ashley were the two of the most consistent Millennial female names.

Ryan is both a girl and a guys name...just like Kelly, Pat, Robin, etc...
Ryan has been far more of a male name than a female name over time.

Robin was always more female than male. Robin has fallen out of fashion as a female name. The last time it was in the Top 200 as a girl's name was in 1989 (#161). Peak Robin in the USA was 1960-1964.

Kelly has also fallen out of fashion as a female name, probably because it was so commonly used from the 1960s-1990s. Many of us forum participants have met attractive Kelly females. Kelly has always been more female than male.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Last names as first names are ridiculous for both males and females. Two of the best examples of this right now are Harper and Avery as girls names right now. Both Harper and Avery have been super trendy girls names since 2010.

This is true. I picked out a year in Gen X to show that.

Jennifer was the dominant female name in Gen X, as it was the top girl name in the USA from 1970-1984. 1970-1984 covers most of Gen X and into the early Millennial years. In finishing out the Millennial years, Jennifer ranked #3 in 1985 to #19 in 1996. There are plenty of Gen X'ers named

Jessica and Ashley were the two of the most consistent Millennial female names.

Ryan has been far more of a male name than a female name over time.

Robin was always more female than male. Robin has fallen out of fashion as a female name. The last time it was in the Top 200 as a girl's name was in 1989 (#161). Peak Robin in the USA was 1960-1964.

Kelly has also fallen out of fashion as a female name, probably because it was so commonly used from the 1960s-1990s. Many of us forum participants have met attractive Kelly females. Kelly has always been more female than male.

Kelly is one of those names where everytime I meet one she is a hottie. Never have dated one...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kelly is one of those names where everytime I meet one she is a hottie. Never have dated one...
That's been my experience with Kelly females as well. In about 20 years, Kelly will be considered an old lady name.

Jennifer and Heather are now considered has been names. Many Jennifers and Heathers are getting close to menopause.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's been my experience with Kelly females as well. In about 20 years, Kelly will be considered an old lady name.

Jennifer and Heather are now considered has been names. Many Jennifers and Heathers are getting close to menopause.
I've dated a few Jennifer's before...and one Heather.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've dated a few Jennifer's before...and one Heather.
At your age, that makes sense.

Heather was a Top 25 name every year from 1970-1991. Many Gen X and older Millennial guys dated women named Heather.

The commonality of Heather among then young women was turned into a joke in the 1999 movie "Blast from the Past".

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s crazy this thread dates back to 2005 and just recently got bumped. Coincidentally, just last night I came across a female dating coach for men who actually went on Shark Tank for investments and her name is Blaine. Her coaching practice is also called Dating by Blaine.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coincidentally, just last night I came across a female dating coach for men who actually went on Shark Tank for investments and her name is Blaine. Her coaching practice is also called Dating by Blaine.

Here's more about her....

Blaine is a masculine name.

It didn't seem to affect her dating all too much. She was in a sorority at a large public university and had multiple orbiters then as she mentioned guy friends stuck in her friend zone with her wanting to date her sorority sisters.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have met multiple female Coreys before but I consider that a more masculine name. At the same time, there's the name Cori (pronounced the same way as Corey), which can be short for Corinne.
My name is Cory.

Back when I was a little kid, I remember some kid once mocked me for having a "girl's name." Throughout the years, though, most of the Cory's who I've met are guys, so I agree about it being more masculine.

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's more about her....

Blaine is a masculine name.

It didn't seem to affect her dating all too much. She was in a sorority at a large public university and had multiple orbiters then as she mentioned guy friends stuck in her friend zone with her wanting to date her sorority sisters.
Honestly, I don’t think a woman’s name affects her dating prospects all that much since men will just see that she’s attractive and has a decent personality and thats enough most of the time. But at least for me anyway, I wouldn’t enlist the help of a female dating coach. As the saying goes, you don’t ask a fish how to catch a fish, you ask the fisherman. I would only work with male dating coaches and enlist female coaches for sex advice since they have the equipment you’ll be working with in bed.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think a woman’s name affects her dating prospects all that much since men will just see that she’s attractive and has a decent personality and thats enough most of the time.
I agree. Men will generally date women with more masculine names. Blaine Anderson had no problems dating. She found a husband.

I wouldn’t enlist the help of a female dating coach. As the saying goes, you don’t ask a fish how to catch a fish, you ask the fisherman. I would only work with male dating coaches and enlist female coaches for sex advice since they have the equipment you’ll be working with in bed.

Blaine Anderson is similar to Courtney Ryan but the more relevant comparison is Sarah Dawn Moore.

Always talk to a fisherman and not a fish on how to catch fish.