"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girls saying you're smart and "geeky". Insult or compliment?

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
791
Age
35
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy". Good, right? The issue for me is that although she keeps going on about how smart I am, she also says I'm "geeky" or a "nerd". Not such a fan of that.

This is the third girl recently that I've met that has said similar things and I'm never sure if I should be happy to be hearing this or not.

I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something. But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.

I'm also not small/weedy/weird looking (I'm 6' and muscular though also a bit overweight atm). So I don't really fit that weedy nerd stereotype either. It's kind of puzzling.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons? What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy". Good, right? The issue for me is that although she keeps going on about how smart I am, she also says I'm "geeky" or a "nerd". Not such a fan of that.

This is the third girl recently that I've met that has said similar things and I'm never sure if I should be happy to be hearing this or not.

I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something. But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.

I'm also not small/weedy/weird looking (I'm 6' and muscular though also a bit overweight atm). So I don't really fit that weedy nerd stereotype either. It's kind of puzzling.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons? What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.
Sexy means shes turned on. That you have something shed brag about.
Some girls get turned on in their mind and body by intelligence. Let her show you by getting the lay. Then stop complaining. Hit it early and often.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,393
Reaction score
5,137
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Just own it. She finds it sexy. That's all you need.

Technically, a geek and a nerd aren't exactly the same. They both have intellectual interests, but the nerd is stereotypically more awkward/sperg-y/poor dresser. A geek is a brainy guy who acts and dresses somewhat closer to "normal" than the nerdy guy.

But she's not an intellectual herself and isn't making such distinctions. In this context, I would take all of the terms she's using as a compliment.
 

Epic Days

Banned
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
1,643
Age
42
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy".
Full stop. Did you become enamored with this supposed compliment?
Did you expand more on it? You mentioned that she mentioned it more than once.

That would be qualifying yourself. Change it to say...something out of your reality.
 

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
1,020
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy". Good, right? The issue for me is that although she keeps going on about how smart I am, she also says I'm "geeky" or a "nerd". Not such a fan of that.

This is the third girl recently that I've met that has said similar things and I'm never sure if I should be happy to be hearing this or not.

I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something. But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.

I'm also not small/weedy/weird looking (I'm 6' and muscular though also a bit overweight atm). So I don't really fit that weedy nerd stereotype either. It's kind of puzzling.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons? What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.
Just arrange to meet her if you haven’t already. Then you’ll find out if she’s interested.

-Augustus-
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
918
Reaction score
192
It shouldn't even phase you. Why would you even entertain the idea that it's an insult. Don't make it real. If your frame is that "nerdy" is something she likes about you, she will accept that reality. Not to be rude, but if it's impacting you enough to make you come on here and post about it, you're probably letting it get to you more than you should. Just say "thank you" if she calls you geeky or something.

To think about it another way - often these days, nerdy or geeky just tends to mean that you have cool interests or that you're intelligent.
 

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something.
So you do spend at least some time arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums.

You should ask them if Captain Pickard is better than Captain Kirk.

But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.
Who in the world says that?

I'm also not small/weedy/weird looking (I'm 6' and muscular though also a bit overweight atm). So I don't really fit that weedy nerd stereotype either. It's kind of puzzling.
Not really. A lot of nerds of 6’0 and muscular.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons?
You are being labelled as Steve Urkel.

What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.
I would tell these hot girls who find my intelligence “really sexy” (what woman on earth says that?), to sleep with me.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Sounds like a backhanded compliment to me. Make sure you throw one back at her. My favorate is, I do not care what other's say, think, etc., it's looks, feels, etc. good to me. Something along those lines. Works like a charm.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Bigempty

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Chicks are gonna apply whatever attributes about you they like and exaggerate it. It’s their hamster convincing them with a reason for why they like you.

Just roll with it but don’t fall into the trap of thinking “well if she likes nerdy/geeky , I’m gonna giver Steven fvcking hawking”

Just ignore it if it bothers you. It’s not exactly a bad thing
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
7 out of 10 times its bad news for a man to receive the geek tag.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top