Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls saying you're smart and "geeky". Insult or compliment?

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy". Good, right? The issue for me is that although she keeps going on about how smart I am, she also says I'm "geeky" or a "nerd". Not such a fan of that.

This is the third girl recently that I've met that has said similar things and I'm never sure if I should be happy to be hearing this or not.

I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something. But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.

I'm also not small/weedy/weird looking (I'm 6' and muscular though also a bit overweight atm). So I don't really fit that weedy nerd stereotype either. It's kind of puzzling.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons? What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy". Good, right? The issue for me is that although she keeps going on about how smart I am, she also says I'm "geeky" or a "nerd". Not such a fan of that.

This is the third girl recently that I've met that has said similar things and I'm never sure if I should be happy to be hearing this or not.

I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something. But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.

I'm also not small/weedy/weird looking (I'm 6' and muscular though also a bit overweight atm). So I don't really fit that weedy nerd stereotype either. It's kind of puzzling.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons? What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.
Sexy means shes turned on. That you have something shed brag about.
Some girls get turned on in their mind and body by intelligence. Let her show you by getting the lay. Then stop complaining. Hit it early and often.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Just own it. She finds it sexy. That's all you need.

Technically, a geek and a nerd aren't exactly the same. They both have intellectual interests, but the nerd is stereotypically more awkward/sperg-y/poor dresser. A geek is a brainy guy who acts and dresses somewhat closer to "normal" than the nerdy guy.

But she's not an intellectual herself and isn't making such distinctions. In this context, I would take all of the terms she's using as a compliment.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I'm chatting to a girl at the moment and on the positive side she's said that she finds my intelligence "really sexy".
Full stop. Did you become enamored with this supposed compliment?
Did you expand more on it? You mentioned that she mentioned it more than once.

That would be qualifying yourself. Change it to say...something out of your reality.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Just arrange to meet her if you haven’t already. Then you’ll find out if she’s interested.

-Augustus-

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It shouldn't even phase you. Why would you even entertain the idea that it's an insult. Don't make it real. If your frame is that "nerdy" is something she likes about you, she will accept that reality. Not to be rude, but if it's impacting you enough to make you come on here and post about it, you're probably letting it get to you more than you should. Just say "thank you" if she calls you geeky or something.

To think about it another way - often these days, nerdy or geeky just tends to mean that you have cool interests or that you're intelligent.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I'm really not much of an actual "nerd" in terms of my personality or life, it's not like I spend hours arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums or something.
So you do spend at least some time arguing about Klingon on Star Trek forums.

You should ask them if Captain Pickard is better than Captain Kirk.

But the minute I talk about my education or just say something smarter than "HERP DERP WUNT SEX?" I seem to get instantly labelled as the biggest geek ever.
Who in the world says that?

Not really. A lot of nerds of 6’0 and muscular.

Should I be taking this as a good thing that I'm being told I'm smart, or should I be kind of p*ssed off that I'm being labelled the same level geek as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons?
You are being labelled as Steve Urkel.

What do you guys say if you get this? Ty.
I would tell these hot girls who find my intelligence “really sexy” (what woman on earth says that?), to sleep with me.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Sounds like a backhanded compliment to me. Make sure you throw one back at her. My favorate is, I do not care what other's say, think, etc., it's looks, feels, etc. good to me. Something along those lines. Works like a charm.

Bigempty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks are gonna apply whatever attributes about you they like and exaggerate it. It’s their hamster convincing them with a reason for why they like you.

Just roll with it but don’t fall into the trap of thinking “well if she likes nerdy/geeky , I’m gonna giver Steven fvcking hawking”

Just ignore it if it bothers you. It’s not exactly a bad thing

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not what she says but how she says it. If she's complimenting you (finds it sexy) or teasing you playfully, it's all good. Just play along.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Don´t let her get in your head and bang her good.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
7 out of 10 times its bad news for a man to receive the geek tag.