Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls from dating websites not that good looking

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just tried Plentyoffish. And most of the girls there are fugly. And the few that aren't, I am told, get about 40 emails per day. A lot of the women are older, some of them are younger but a disproportionate high # of them also have kids. I just don't understand these types of dating websites where any girl (even the ones that are very below average) get messaged constantly.

If you think about it, why would a good looking socially adjusted single girl be registering to use dating services on the internet? They probably have a lot of prospects in real life, that they would not be willing to jeopordize their image/identity by joining a website dedicated to meeting complete strangers. If they really were okay with meeting people online, I'm sure they would have already met them with Myspace or Facebook.

I don't know, I have just found it rather inefficient to use these websites if you're going for the hot 21 year old girl you see rollerblading at the park or walking her dog or the one at the gym or restaurant or mall. It might be a different story if you're going for women who are over 30 or you don't mind the young single mothers.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're so good looking, why don't you tell us your plentyoffish profile? Didn't you ever read the threads on here regarding online dating sites or even social networking sites to a lesser extent? They benefit women for the most part and usually women who are NATURALLY cute will not be on there and they go by looks definetely, if you happen to meet a chick offline your chances of getting a date by chatting up a stranger is far greater than you will ever do it online, Unless you're attractive. You say you're attractive show us your profile.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm confused, when do I say I'm very good looking?! I was talking about good looking girls. I had a picture on hotornot last year and it got a 7.6 after a few weeks, although I don't put much stock in that stuff.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Hitman10000 said:
If you're so good looking, why don't you tell us your plentyoffish profile? Didn't you ever read the threads on here regarding online dating sites or even social networking sites to a lesser extent? They benefit women for the most part and usually women who are NATURALLY cute will not be on there and they go by looks definetely, if you happen to meet a chick offline your chances of getting a date by chatting up a stranger is far greater than you will ever do it online, Unless you're attractive. You say you're attractive show us your profile.
Hitman,
You must be hitting the sauce pretty good because I have no idea what the fvck you're referring to about him saying HE'S good loooking? Anyway this isn't pointing out who's the bigger idiot.

MVP,

I wouldn't put too much energy into the online love hunt. It's a waste of time and doesn't help you progress as a man.

bigappledj

Banned
Reaction score
This is all the same crap as romance tours. Only difference is the romance tours actually have some pretty girls. All in all, I hope to never sink so low.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there are plenty of hot chicks on dating sites. Think of it as another distribution channel for them.

Stavrogin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I browse a couple of these dating sites. About 98% of the girls on match.com who meet my criteria (23-29, never married, no kids, high school diploma, within 30 miles) are plain or unattractive. Currently, there are two who are very attractive and aren't (or at least have indicated that they aren't) only looking for millionaires. But I don't want to spend 50 or 60 bucks only to find out that these women aren't subscribers and/or get 50 e-mails a day from other guys.

I'm also very skeptical of the type of woman who would use these dating sites. Attractive women get hit on constantly. My suspicion is that an attractive woman in my age group who would use a dating site is too possessive to be in a stable relationship. It is more understandable for a single mom to use a dating site because she is less desirable and doesn't get out as much. But an attractive woman without kids who at least goes to a grocery store or a job once a week shouldn't have trouble meeting men.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only place where women on dating sites are attractive is Eastern Europe. Take a look at www.mheart.ru

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've no idea what quality the guys are who are posting the emails.

Look at clubs, plenty of ugly fat guys hitting on the hot 21 year olds that they have no chance with. I would bet they've not got too many emails from guys they're actually interested in.

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have met lots of wonderful beautiful sane women on Myspace and match.com, I met my Former Fiance off of myspace, just get on there, wink the hell out of it, send some nice emails, and see what happens.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP said:
why would a good looking socially adjusted single girl be registering to use dating services on the internet? .
1. Attention Ho
2. Women are always looking to upgrade.

If you don't have message game down pat on these sites (I don't either) you're not going to have any luck. The only guys that pull the hotter chicks on these sites are guys with strong online game, studs, and men with profiles that give enough hints of high financial status.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried a number of dating sites and I've found that the women on plentyoffish are pretty lacking in the looks department, same with eharmony. I've found though that match pretty much is the same as real life, a wide range of women from good looking to not so good looking to everything in between.

People that call it a waste of time, there is some truth to that. Most guys who use online dating sites go into it optimistically but end up disappointed. But it does work for some dudes. I've known many that have met great girlfriends on match and one of my best friends met his wife there. So to say it's a complete waste of time is not true, everyone's experience is different. Personally I've had very little luck with online dating sites, but then I meet the guy who is no better looking than me yet meets chics on there all the time. So I don't know, I think it's just a luck of the draw type thing.

As for why good looking women would be online. Maybe they aren't the club and bar type or have no interest in meeting a guy in such an environment. Maybe they want to be able to see what the guy's interests, hobbies, values are and all that stuff before they begin communication. Some are extremely picky and are looking for prince charming who they have not met in the real world. Yes, attractive chics will tell you that they are always getting approached in the real world, but 99% of those dudes she is not about to give her number to.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree I feel that woman on the online dating sites tend to be a little uglier than woman at the clubs. I have recently tried POF and have got a few dates from it, but the majority of woman are in the extrapounds range. The hot azz woman are just there for the attention.

The girls that are HB8 and above are there for the attention. Same thing with the girls that have the skimpy clothing on.

POF is free so I still recommend it .

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP said:
...If you think about it, why would a good looking socially adjusted single girl be registering to use dating services on the internet? They probably have a lot of prospects in real life, that they would not be willing to jeopordize their image/identity by joining a website dedicated to meeting complete strangers. If they really were okay with meeting people online, I'm sure they would have already met them with Myspace or Facebook. ....
FYI, the majority of the guys that they meet are either boring nice guys or exciting bad boys who end up hurting them. The Net is just a means to sift through the masses more efficiently.

BTW, serious people will use pay sites and not free social networks like MySpace or Facebook. Those are the places where the stereotypical nice guys and bad boys hang out. If you think about it, why would sensible people wanting something more engage people who aren't willing to put up something to prove that they are serious about who'd they like to meet?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
persistent exaction said:
I think there are plenty of hot chicks on dating sites. Think of it as another distribution channel for them.
The online game is like the club/bar game for a lot of guys. They're not comfortable using that distribution channel so they feel that it's a waste of effort sarging in those arenas so they avoid it.

Jestor

Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP said:
I just tried Plentyoffish. And most of the girls there are fugly. And the few that aren't, I am told, get about 40 emails per day. A lot of the women are older, some of them are younger but a disproportionate high # of them also have kids. I just don't understand these types of dating websites where any girl (even the ones that are very below average) get messaged constantly.

If you think about it, why would a good looking socially adjusted single girl be registering to use dating services on the internet? They probably have a lot of prospects in real life, that they would not be willing to jeopordize their image/identity by joining a website dedicated to meeting complete strangers. If they really were okay with meeting people online, I'm sure they would have already met them with Myspace or Facebook.

I don't know, I have just found it rather inefficient to use these websites if you're going for the hot 21 year old girl you see rollerblading at the park or walking her dog or the one at the gym or restaurant or mall. It might be a different story if you're going for women who are over 30 or you don't mind the young single mothers.
It's not a perfect world, and as a result girls, including "hot" ones, are resorting to the internet to meet guys.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP said:

Beggers can't be choosers. If you have zero game then you're stuck surfing the internet looking for anything you can get.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online "sarging" is best for older men who have good "criteria" (income, career, religion, etc.), because a lot of women who are over 30 hardly ever go out in social settings outside a large group of friends.

It stands to reason that younger women who resort to online dating are either not all that hot, and/or have a ridiculous "laundry list" that buries reality in a deep grave.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
Online "sarging" is best for older men who have good "criteria" (income, career, religion, etc.), because a lot of women who are over 30 hardly ever go out in social settings outside a large group of friends.

It stands to reason that younger women who resort to online dating are either not all that hot, and/or have a ridiculous "laundry list" that buries reality in a deep grave.
That's funny...

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:

It stands to reason that younger women who resort to online dating are either not all that hot...
That's true. If anyone wants to compare, just go to the busiest mall in your city on the busiest day (typically Saturday or Sunday afternoon) and walk around for 1 hour and I guarantee you'll see atleast 10 hotter young girls than the ones on dating websites.

Plentyoffish probably has the worst looking girls, and as for the pay ones, as someone said, you don't even know if they're real or subscribed. The reason why Facebook/MySpace has better looking women compared to dating websites is that everyone who is under 25 has one of those accounts; and as you know, most good looking women never stay single. They swing from one bf to the next one, so they would never be on a dating website actively seeking. If you can't pick up girls on Facebook/MySpace, it comes from a lack of online game, and lack of understanding of your product/target market. But gaming on these sites will always take more effort and time compared to dating sites, since the girls here are not actively seeking a relationship so you have to slowly build rapport; which begs the question why not just approach hot girls in real life? A good 2 minute conversation with someone in real life will be worth more than countless e-mails sent back and forth over many days, weeks.

Last edited: