Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriends and their female friends

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever dated a girl and when ever you and her had problems she would talk to her best female friend and almost make your situation worse?

Usually this so called "friend" of hers is truly no friend at all. This has happened to me twice and the "friend" always acted like because she wasn't happy with her relationships, then nobody else should be either. Its like the bad friend tries to brainwash my girl.

I've always thought a lot of it is fueled by jealousy on the bad friends part.

I swear I'm going to start screening their friends too.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This doesn't matter if your girl has high enough interest level in you. Don't blame the friend because you aren't on your game. If she's fickle enough to doubt you based on her friends, then she's not worth your time.

Unless of course, you're just an absolute @sshole with a crappy attitude. But even then if the chick is digging you her friends' opinions means exactly squat.

Jonnybangbang

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an important subject. I agree with speed dawg. Anyone who relies on someone else (be it a best friend for instance) for advice on boyfriends/girlfriends doesn't know who they are themselves. Although there is nothing wrong with secondary opinions, but only if they become significantly dominant over your own. My friends have been "bang on right" about my previous "psycho" girlfriends buuuut perhaps i was still figuring out who I was at that moment in my life and couldn't figure it out for myself...

JMoney172

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jonnybangbang said:
This is an important subject. I agree with speed dawg. Anyone who relies on someone else (be it a best friend for instance) for advice on boyfriends/girlfriends doesn't know who they are themselves. Although there is nothing wrong with secondary opinions, but only if they become significantly dominant over your own. My friends have been "bang on right" about my previous "psycho" girlfriends buuuut perhaps i was still figuring out who I was at that moment in my life and couldn't figure it out for myself...
Bingo! Give the man a prize!

My last LTR, we actually split for about 2 weeks because of her "best friend's" influence on her. Her so-called friend (who she bad-mouthed later on) convinced her to buy in to that whole "Secret"-type craze. I should have recognized it then and never gotten back together with her, but I'm a sucker for punishment I guess.

Although I believe that this is more than just not knowing who they are.

It is a marker of a girl of such low self-esteem that she needs the acceptance of her "friends" because without that she has no internal compass for how she is doing socially. Typically girls that were raised in very protective households with low socialization among their peer groups.

I may revisit and expand on this post later.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jonnybangbang said:
Anyone who relies on someone else (be it a best friend for instance) for advice on boyfriends/girlfriends doesn't know who they are themselves. ...
Like a message board, for instance?
I have to agree.

:yes:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if my wife listend to any of her friend she would have dumped me after like 2 weeks lol. they just knew i was "a player who was no good" plus i drive a nice car and no one knew what i did for a living and one of her friends swore i sold drugs lol.

needless to say my wife is the only one of her friends who is married.

FLGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Howiestern said:
Have you ever dated a girl and when ever you and her had problems she would talk to her best female friend and almost make your situation worse?

Usually this so called "friend" of hers is truly no friend at all. This has happened to me twice and the "friend" always acted like because she wasn't happy with her relationships, then nobody else should be either. Its like the bad friend tries to brainwash my girl.

I've always thought a lot of it is fueled by jealousy on the bad friends part.

I swear I'm going to start screening their friends too.
my opinion is that you should be the one brainwashing ur girl, not her friends. You should have more pull over her than her "sista's".