Girl Says She Wants to be Best Friends but..

Reaction score
So there is this girl I liked, and we talked a lot during school last year. I start my senior year this Thursday, btw. But over the summer, we probably only talked eight times and hung out twice. We did not keep in touch as much as we wanted and I moved on and got a gf, but who I am unsure of at the moment.

Well anyways, this girl messages me last night saying "you never told me you got a gf" and she says "I thought we were better friends because you should have told me." She also keeps calling us "bff's" but we barely talked over the summer or even hang out much outside of school...How can a bff be a bff if they barely talk or hang out outside of school?? And she denies that I called her or asked her to hang out earlier, when I KNOW for a fact I did a few times...She kept on getting mad because I did not consider us bff's because hey, we barely talked and we only talk in school.

So am I missing something here? Does maybe she see me as more than a best friend? Or what?

Reaction score
She keeps saying how "we are best friends" which is very odd because we don't talk much anymore, nor hang out as much as a typical "best friend" would be. Then I asked her "why am I considered your best friend" and she is like "it's fun to have best friends..."I know she doesn't get much attention from guys even though she is good looking, which is funny; so maybe she just wants some attention? How would you guys handle this--she gets mad when I tell her we are not best friends and she says anyway that we "should be bff..."