girl says "ill let you know", what does this mean?

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
void957 said:
ok most ppl wil says hes not interested,#

but in person she was very, i asked for her number directly, she giggled and gave it to me with no hesitation;

heres how our text went

Me-- Hey it's void957
Her- Hey :)
Me- What have you been up to?
Her- Just doing the usual. hby?
Me- just getting some work done.
Me(next day)- shall we hangout tomorrow or wednesday lunch?
her- Ill let you know :)
Me- sure thing

Noticed how i used Master of the Universes "sale asssumption technique" to ask her out.
do u think she doesnt wanna hangout?

btw she goes to my college so we have the same lunches .

thanks brothers.
For starters, this should have been a phone call. Not to get into the whole "texting/not texting" debate, but if you were going to go the whole "chat her up first to re-establish chemistry then ask her out" route, you should have done it via a phone call. If you're texting a girl to ask her out, you need to (a) get straight to the point, and (b) already have a definitive plan in place for something for you two to do. Here's the problem with YOUR text:

Me-- Hey it's void957 (assuming she doesn't remember you - should have told her to save you in her phone when you first met so you wouldn't have to remind her. If you made a good enough first impression, it wouldn't be necessary)
Me- What have you been up to? (trying to create small talk, which is distracting from the plan you WANT, which is to ask her out. Now you seem more like a "friend" than a potential lover)
Her- Just doing the usual. hby? (short sentence - she's looking for you to get to the point of the conversation, and probably waiting for you to ask her out)
Me- just getting some work done. (sounds BORING, not appealing, AND you didn't ask her out)
Me(next day)- shall we hangout tomorrow or wednesday lunch? (not giving a specific plan of what you want her and you to do together = nothing for her to anticipate, which lessens the chances of her being excited about being in your presence. Stop setting up "hangout" dates and start setting up planned dates, and your rate of success will increase)
her- Ill let you know :) (As soon as you let her know what the exact plan is - otherwise, it just sounds like you're looking to get around her so you can hook up with her)
Me- sure thing

Here's an example of how you SHOULD have messaged her:

ME: Hey there, nice chatting with you yesterday! So, I found this (interesting activity) and was thinking of going to it on either Tuesday or Thursday. Would love for you to go with me, lmk which day would work best for u
HER: (some response indicative of when she could go)
ME: Great! I can pick you up or meet you there if you'd like, let's shoot for x-time
HER: (responding back letting me know if I'm picking her up or meeting her there)
ME: Cool - see u then!

And that's it! It's really that simple - no having to "build rapport" with her (that's what the DATE is for), no dilly-dallying, just straight to the point getting-the-date convo. And it works because - like most girls - she KNOWS you're hitting her up to take her out already, but if you don't ask confidently she will NOT feel obligated to go out with you. Hope this helps!

void957

Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry Wilmington said:
For starters, this should have been a phone call. Not to get into the whole "texting/not texting" debate, but if you were going to go the whole "chat her up first to re-establish chemistry then ask her out" route, you should have done it via a phone call. If you're texting a girl to ask her out, you need to (a) get straight to the point, and (b) already have a definitive plan in place for something for you two to do. Here's the problem with YOUR text:

Me-- Hey it's void957 (assuming she doesn't remember you - should have told her to save you in her phone when you first met so you wouldn't have to remind her. If you made a good enough first impression, it wouldn't be necessary)
Me- What have you been up to? (trying to create small talk, which is distracting from the plan you WANT, which is to ask her out. Now you seem more like a "friend" than a potential lover)
Her- Just doing the usual. hby? (short sentence - she's looking for you to get to the point of the conversation, and probably waiting for you to ask her out)
Me- just getting some work done. (sounds BORING, not appealing, AND you didn't ask her out)
Me(next day)- shall we hangout tomorrow or wednesday lunch? (not giving a specific plan of what you want her and you to do together = nothing for her to anticipate, which lessens the chances of her being excited about being in your presence. Stop setting up "hangout" dates and start setting up planned dates, and your rate of success will increase)
her- Ill let you know :) (As soon as you let her know what the exact plan is - otherwise, it just sounds like you're looking to get around her so you can hook up with her)
Me- sure thing

ME: Hey there, nice chatting with you yesterday! So, I found this (interesting activity) and was thinking of going to it on either Tuesday or Thursday. Would love for you to go with me, lmk which day would work best for u
ME: Great! I can pick you up or meet you there if you'd like, let's shoot for x-time
HER: (responding back letting me know if I'm picking her up or meeting her there)

And that's it! It's really that simple - no having to "build rapport" with her (that's what the DATE is for), no dilly-dallying, just straight to the point getting-the-date convo. And it works because - like most girls - she KNOWS you're hitting her up to take her out already, but if you don't ask confidently she will NOT feel obligated to go out with you. Hope this helps!

thanks for teh advice man

i think you missed teh point in the post where i said im trying to follow the anti dump machine

and in that machine youre not supposed to give her your numerb and shes supposed to remember your name, if she doesnt, it is a sign of low interest.

also thanks for the conversation advice, will definitely use it next time, sounds spot on to me.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happens to all of us, man, and it's a soft rejection. Always. Some of them get off on saying an acute "no", some love to give you a bullshıt excuse, and some just leave you hanging, like this. Whichever it is, it's 80% disinterest. All these guys aren't wrong.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If this was the first-ever conversation with her, it's not over, but we must be extra critical of them in their texting us. Also, you need to build text rapport before asking for a date. I find that we usually need to physically see them again before this happens, but know that we can grow on them over time. People like others more once they become familiar. Also remember that in general, when they like us, they text constantly.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
void957 said:
ok most ppl wil says hes not interested,#

but in person she was very, i asked for her number directly, she giggled and gave it to me with no hesitation;

heres how our text went

Me-- Hey it's void957
Me- just getting some work done.
Me(next day)- shall we hangout tomorrow or wednesday lunch?
her- Ill let you know :)
Me- sure thing

Noticed how i used Master of the Universes "sale asssumption technique" to ask her out.
do u think she doesnt wanna hangout?

btw she goes to my college so we have the same lunches .

thanks brothers.
This conversation should of been straight to the point:

Me-- Hey it's void957
Me- just getting some work done...What are you up to this (XXdayXX)? Im going to be hanging out and wanted to know if you wanted to meet up
her- Oh i dunno yet but Ill let you know :)
Me- Ok cool, Hit me up if your down with it. Later Sexy.

Then just back off and wait to see if she hits you up.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, When a girl tells you "Ill let you know" Its not the end of it. The way you counter that is by your reply to her, which should be "Ok cool hun, Hit me up and let me know sexy". Done. All you have to do is hang back and see if she contacts you while you go on about your business. Ive had plenty of girls contact me back and i ended up meeting up with them.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry Wilmington said:

Me- sure thing

Text or phone call, it doesn't matter as long as she's not interested.