Girl of interest goes NC after I try to make plans.

jboyd5

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl I work with has been showing a lot of interest in me at work.

I would catch her looking, and this would start a staring contest while both of us grinned ear to ear.

She initiates conversation and greetings. Always laughing at stupid stuff I say. "Diagon Alley" in an English accent was the most recent.

When I asked her for her number, she gave no hesitation what so ever. Got it on a Tuesday and texted her Friday morning.

Me: "Hey NAME, what are you up to?"
Three hours later..
Her: "Hey whats up, sorry I was hiking"
About two hours later
Me: "Ah. You free next Tuesday for a drink?"

No answer.

I know from Corey Wayne that a late text message is a sign of low interest, but I didn't understand because she had been showing signs of interest ever since we met.

My texting game also isn't the best, but I doubt that this could have had a big enough impact to cause this.

At work tonight, she acted like everything was normal and was thinking to myself "yea fookin right. Im the prize". I didn't want to reinforce this behavior by giving her my attention as much as I usually would. Including eye contact.

I was trying to convince myself that she was probably testing me to see if I would send another text. But another thought that came to mind was, I was being used for validation.
I am unsure.

I would like the forums thoughts on this and how I am handling this situation. How should I continue with this girl?

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low interest.... Don't become her orbiting clown.

I'm interested in hearing some of the responses on how to "extricate" from this situation.... if it was some random girl... Screw her. But you work together so you will have to do or say something so you don't look like some cowardly whipped chump.

U

user43770

Low interest.... Don't become her orbiting clown.

I'm interested in hearing some of the responses on how to "extricate" from this situation.... if it was some random girl... Screw her. But you work together so you will have to do or say something so you don't look like some cowardly whipped chump.
You just act nice and pretend like nothing happened. Making any acknowledgement of it makes you seem like a chump. If she brings it up, you blow it off like it was no big deal.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Unless they are humping your leg, don't date girls at work. She can make you look bad by showing people at work you are hitting on her. Plus, it offends all the other coworkers who like her.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wants you to chase her.

beforeimgone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl I work with has been showing a lot of interest in me at work.

I would catch her looking, and this would start a staring contest while both of us grinned ear to ear.

She initiates conversation and greetings. Always laughing at stupid stuff I say. "Diagon Alley" in an English accent was the most recent.

When I asked her for her number, she gave no hesitation what so ever. Got it on a Tuesday and texted her Friday morning.

Me: "Hey NAME, what are you up to?"
Three hours later..
Her: "Hey whats up, sorry I was hiking"
About two hours later
Me: "Ah. You free next Tuesday for a drink?"

No answer.

I know from Corey Wayne that a late text message is a sign of low interest, but I didn't understand because she had been showing signs of interest ever since we met.

My texting game also isn't the best, but I doubt that this could have had a big enough impact to cause this.

At work tonight, she acted like everything was normal and was thinking to myself "yea fookin right. Im the prize". I didn't want to reinforce this behavior by giving her my attention as much as I usually would. Including eye contact.

I was trying to convince myself that she was probably testing me to see if I would send another text. But another thought that came to mind was, I was being used for validation.
I am unsure.

I would like the forums thoughts on this and how I am handling this situation. How should I continue with this girl?

Touch her more. Watch how her body responds to you

beforeimgone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then watch, as you eventually lose your job.

Low interest, move on.

Read Anti-Dump in the dj bible.
Jobs are for pawns like this guy. Don't let fear of lack of security control you. Build a business

If she is interested she will respond to your touches in a clear manner. If she isn't then she will stop wasting your time.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't mess with women in the work place. She has low interest and probably wanted attention.

Also, you came off as thirsty and desperate by asking her out for a drink on your second text. You should have asked her about her hike and built more comfort before asking about getting a drink. Don't ever ask about the date on your first few texts, it looks thirsty and desperate.