Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl is talking to someone else, but wants to grab drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I grabbed this girls number, talked for a bit, and asked if she wanted to grab a drink on the weekend. She said "possibly". I didn't respond after that. She initiated two days later saying "Hey". We started talking again. She said "I have to be honest with you, I'm talking to someone but I want to be friends and would love to grab a drink."

Is this the friend zone or a sh!t test?

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She says he lives far away, he's been busy and she does her own thing a lot. She's blowing my phone up as I type this.

I love the chase!

logicallefty

Reaction score
I would go for it. Use it to your advantage. Meet her, get a few drinks in her, and tell how great of a friend she is. Then tell her about the other chicks you are dating and b@nging, even if you aren't. All the sudden you are in control now. Watch how fast she tries to earn a higher status with you than just friends. I've turned getting a drink "as friends" into sex many times. But it won't happen if she thinks she is in control, you have to be. I can't stress that enough.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grabbed this girls number, talked for a bit, and asked if she wanted to grab a drink on the weekend. She said "possibly". I didn't respond after that. She initiated two days later saying "Hey". We started talking again. She said "I have to be honest with you, I'm talking to someone but I want to be friends and would love to grab a drink."

Is this the friend zone or a sh!t test?
If she mentions it to you, it means you're not first string. You might not even be third or fourth string. If you have great confidence in yourself and are smooth then this wouldn't phase you, you'd simply next her or grab drinks and keep teasing/flirting until she caves and fuucks you.

Personally I'd pass, it's not my business to convince women to like me, it's their loss.

I've laid taken girls and they don't even mention it until after sex. If you're going to grab drinks make it obvious that you're there for the good time and the drinks, not for her.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would go for it. Use it to your advantage. Meet her, get a few drinks in her, and tell how great of a friend she is. Then tell her about the other chicks you are dating and b@nging, even if you aren't. All the sudden you are in control now. Watch how fast she tries to earn a higher status with you than just friends. I've turned getting a drink "as friends" into sex many times. But it won't happen if she thinks she is in control, you have to be. I can't stress that enough.
@logicallefty, you’re on fire lately. This right here is how to handle the situation.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ha this is what I mean, go for a good time, not for her. Indirectly dare her to get mad for being friends when she was the one that wanted it to begin with.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Possibly” was the sh!t test. You passed. Well played. Most guys would just blow her up with a string of butthurt/needy texts.

Yeah go meet her for drinks. Go to enjoy a drink and a night out. Not her company. Be totally, completely, 100% outcome dependent. If you sit at the bar together, sit with both shoulders square to the bar, and look sideways at her. If the conversation heads in the right direction you can warm your body language up a bit.

Don’t say it, and I wouldn’t try to talk up other girls you’re seeing (if you don’t do this correctly then you risk coming off as bragging and insecure).

Communicate with your body. If someone calls or texts, interrupt her by pulling your phone out and look at briefly before putting it back.

When you speak, or listen, never lean in closer. Tell her to speak up if you didn’t catch what she said. Don’t shift your position for her until she’s earned it.

Your posture and body language at first should be pretty in your face “I don’t give a fvck about you, I’m here to enjoy my drink.”

If she warms up, reciprocate. But this date is already more in her hands than yours. Take some power back. Don’t come off as eager with this one.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with being friends, only being friendzoned. An important distinction amd one a lot of guys don't seem to make.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Boy, it's no wonder some of you guys are bad with women. This guy is playing it perfectly. She said "possibly", and he passed with flying colors by not responding. That showed confidence, and SHE started texting him. She mentioned she still wanted to grab drinks, and even said the guy she was talking to doesn't live near her and she does her own thing. Obviously not even a boyfriend at this point.

I'm willing to bet this woman is attractive and is seeing if you can keep up with her. Seems like you're doing a pretty good job.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boy, it's no wonder some of you guys are bad with women. This guy is playing it perfectly. She said "possibly", and he passed with flying colors by not responding. That showed confidence, and SHE started texting him. She mentioned she still wanted to grab drinks, and even said the guy she was talking to doesn't live near her and she does her own thing. Obviously not even a boyfriend at this point.

I'm willing to bet this woman is attractive and is seeing if you can keep up with her. Seems like you're doing a pretty good job.
Anything other than no is Yes

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So we talked for a little bit, and she told me she was working this weekend. I said maybe we could do the following weekend if her schedule was open.

She said: Possibly :)
"I can't work with possibly. When you make up your mind one way or the other let me know."

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing good is going to come from that response.

She's testing you again. Say NOTHING. Just like you did the first time. She's trying to get the upper hand, don't give it to her. This girl will text you back again, I guarantee it. You crack and get upset before you even meet her, and you LOSE.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we talked for a little bit, and she told me she was working this weekend. I said maybe we could do the following weekend if her schedule was open.

She said: Possibly :)
Don’t respond. I think she wants to see you, she’s now just being coquettish. Women like being pursued, let her enjoy it and give you token resistance.

But make sure the anxiety of not hearing from you turns the tables.

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as she is showing interest in conversing with you I think you should keep pursuing but don’t smother her. Maintain a cool calculated distance. She basically told you that she is exploring her options by bringing up the other guy whether it’s true or not is another thing. Sometimes women blurt out words like “friends” just to throw a monkey wrench in the process. Just ignore it and keep pushing forward. If it doesn’t work out maybe she can be a wing-woman for you and introduce you to other chicks.

You can try not contacting her for a couple of days and then try to reconnect and see how she responds. I think you should be able to knock it out of the ballpark with this one if you play your cards right.

Keep the pimp hand extra HARD and extra STRONG!!!!

Glassguy

Reaction score
"Friends with benefits" is still a friend. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to you to get what you want (Sex) and maintain control and have her chasing you after sex if you play your cards right.

Status
Not open for further replies.