Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl calls you “sweet” a lot, how to respond

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mind you, this isn’t a prospect. In this example, a girl you’ve gotten physical with more than once and initiates contact/date ideas herself too. Also it’s not like I’m complimenting her directly - it’s more when I wish her a good work day or fun at a family gathering, etc or tell her I have a fun date idea planned for next time we get together. I don’t necessarily think being called “sweet” is a bad thing as long as you’re still hooking up and having fun/she is putting in effort.

Eyeroll and smile? Twist it around and belittle the comment just for fun? Just tired of not really knowing how to respond all the time

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually this is a sign of disrespect, but it could be that she doesn't know any better. She should know better than to call you 'sweet' or anything like that.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
As long as she is giving you sex I wouldn´t read too much into it. I would joke with something like, "Dont call me sweet. Id rather you just call me Super Alpha Beast or something like that."

Serenity

Reaction score
Eyeroll and smile?
Drop the eyeroll, just smile. Just her way of expressing affection towards you, especially in context of her actions.

Usually this is a sign of disrespect, but it could be that she doesn't know any better. She should know better than to call you 'sweet' or anything like that.
Men who view being called sweet as disrespect even if every action she takes is that of affection think so because of their insecurity about their own manhood.

If other actions reinforces that she's trying to be disrespectful then it's an attempt at insulting his manhood. Which will be very successful if the man does in fact have a fragile ego and reacts to it.

In the case of being used in a disrespectful context, smile and walk away. In the case of being an expression of affection, smile and continue whatever you were doing.

No matter what, never react negatively to it and context matters a lot.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men who view being called sweet as disrespect even if every action she takes is that of affection think so because of their insecurity about their own manhood.

If other actions reinforces that she's trying to be disrespectful then it's an attempt at insulting his manhood. Which will be very successful if the man does in fact have a fragile ego and reacts to it.

In the case of being used in a disrespectful context, smile and walk away. In the case of being an expression of affection, smile and continue whatever you were doing.

No matter what, never react negatively to it and context matters a lot.
This is when you play the game. You don't get overtly upset, instead you sub-communicate to her that you don't like being called 'sweetie'

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the womens world ( non alpha, non manosphere ).

When she says he's "cute", it means she think he's sexy or handsome and she's attracted to him.

When your fvcking her and she calls you "sweet", it doesn't mean you are gay or overly nice, she adores you. She's addicted to being around you.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
This is when you play the game. You don't get overtly upset, instead you sub-communicate to her that you don't like being called 'sweetie'
Why don't you like it? Does it threaten your masculinity? I literally can not find another reason than insecurity to have an issue with this.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you like it? Does it threaten your masculinity? I literally can not find another reason than insecurity to have an issue with this.
Because it displays too much confidence on her part over you.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it displays too much confidence on her part over you.
I think you're reading into it too much. Some people freely use different terms like hun, babe, sweetie etc. Its not a power play or something like that most of the time.

Its usually apparent pretty quickly if they're being patronizing/condescending etc, basically the intention behind the words are what counts, rather than the words themselves.

If I sense a woman or man is being a bit rude, patronizing I usually start calling them boss/chief in a certain tone. Bit weird, but amusing seeing the looks on their faces, particularly women. Sometimes gets genuine laughs and breaks the ice, changes tone of conversation in the right direction :D.

Its also a good way to get rid of some women. Dating a woman a while back and clear things were going nowhere after a few months. I recalled she hated it when I called her chief jokingly at one point near the start of dating. I started throwing it in all the time and really p1ssed her off and she ended up ghosting me. I have no doubt that the 'chief' routine helped speed the end up :D. She was high up management ranks no doubt read it as me being patronizing - which was the intention.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short answer:

1. No sex + “sweet” = friendzone

2. Sex (or at least heavy physical play) + “sweet” = potential boyfriendzone (ok)
YES, this is it! Sweet and no sex is terrible! Sweet and sex means your "sweet d1ck willie".

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
Be more specific
In the womens world ( non alpha, non manosphere ).

When she says he's "cute", it means she think he's sexy or handsome and she's attracted to him.

When your fvcking her and she calls you "sweet", it doesn't mean you are gay or overly nice, she adores you. She's addicted to being around you.
Someone gets it.....

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
It's a form of affection, like a cute nickname, no different then "boo" "bae" ect

Shouldn't be a issue nor anything worth thinking about.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never pay attention to what women say... only what they do. What is more relevant. (a) A a woman who calls you 'sweet' who you are having sex with (b) A woman that calls you 'hot stud' who won't let you touch her?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score