"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Girl at work

Theinc

New Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Theres this girl at my office, shes a bit fobbish, seems kinda shy, sorter cute. Never paid attention or spoke to her since shes in a different team, although sits nearby.

Lately I've noticed her around more, mainly because:

- Whenever we see each other around the office she seems to make & hold eye contact.
- She's looked down / to the side and smiled to herself on two occasions when we both made eye contact passing.
- Seems to glance at me when she passes my desk or see's me around (coworker noticed this too)

I dont get any of these from the other girls on my floor. Theres some other things too, but they may just be coincidences.

Not sure if it's all in my head but my instincts tell me shes curious / interested.

Problem is It'd be hard to approach her since we have no reason to interact for work. The kitchen area is small, often with others around. The work Skype is an option although not ideal for a first time convo.

Interested to hear others advice. Is this something or nothing?, how to proceed etc

Please dont give the lines about dipping your pen in the company ink etc.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Say hi to her when you see her next. Have you spoken to women before? Do you know how to interact with people at work?
 

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
If this is your career don't do it. If this is just a temporary job then go for it.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
If this is your career don't do it. If this is just a temporary job then go for it.
+1

Its just normalized how little game most men have so the first feminine woman in ear shot men will sacrifice their future.
 

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,416
Reaction score
4,800
Location
Mexico
Smile and say Hi. Next time you ser her on a Monday ask her How was your weekend. tease her because is wasn´t as awesome as yours.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

spred

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
148
Age
48
There is definitely something. She likes you and wants to connect. It is up to you to open, she will keep doing that while her interest is high.
I have the exact same situation at work as you, since more than a year.
I haven't made a move because of work issues, but I kept engaging lightly and politely. The signals keep coming, and in the meantime I dug out some info. The girl went in this time through 4 relationships, but she is looking for a better deal always.
Beware.
When the signals became weaker, I only inquired about her with a common friend at work, knowing that it will reach her. Now she is coming to visit my office twice as much and keeps appearing where I am, throwing glances.
All of this while talking marriage with her new boyfriend :)
So beware.
 

Theinc

New Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Alright so I've had a few good opportunities where shes been alone at lunch etc, admittedly I've hesitated to approach being at work & all. Feeling regret & tired of wondering so next opportunity I'm just gonna roll the dice & go for it. Still got a bit of the eye contact thing going so we"ll see how it goes & report back.

Too much overthinking creates self doubt.
 
Top