Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl asked me to be her Valentine. Mixed signals??

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This past weekend my school was on break and the club i'm involved with went on a trip out of state. Because of the trip, we all spent Valentine's Day out of state together in a hotel. During the trip I got to know this one girl. She's a senior, I'm a junior. I was never really fond of her earlier this year because of our differing views. We disagreed frequently in class, but I'm the type of guy who is gonna try to get to know whoever I'm with.

During the trip I spent a lot of time with her. The first day we arrived we were in a group together. We talked a lot and became friends. Later that day at dinner she said something that really offended me so I just didn't talk to her the rest of that day. She didn't come into my hotel room like all my other friends. What she said to me actually offended my friends. The next day when we were around the city, I avoided her. It sort of pissed me off in how she victimized herself. She came up to me and asked me if and why i'm mad at her and not talking to her. She didn't even recognize what she said. I just thought whatever, and talked to her and what not. Later that day, she asked me if I'd be her "valentine." Although I knew this was a lot of BS. I kino'd her a lot. We had fun. When she asked me to be her valentine, I said, "You don't mean that." And she said, "I know." and I said, "Materialistic girls are the best!" and she called me a jerk. This was all in a playful manner tho. Ironically, at dinner the next night, all the seats were taken and me and her had a two person table with just us.

Later that night the entire group chilled in me and my friends hotel room. We played truth or dare and all that stupid ****. I didn't really pay attention. I was relaxing, listening to my ipod. The entire time my friends were trying to imply that she liked me or I like her. Actually, they did that the entire trip. They kept daring me or her to kiss eachother or other stupid ****. She asked my best friend if i liked her and he didn't know. To be honest, i think she was embarassed by everyone implying it. I could care less on my behalf tho. She was dared to kiss me and protested way too much and i thought to myself, "Doth does protest too much" hahahahahaha. I wasn't really into it, but she did kiss one of my friends with no issue.

The final day I didn't get a chance to talk to her at all. She went off and did her own thing. I hung out with my friends. I saw her at a museum and asked her if she wanted to chill with us and she was really standoffish so I thought whatever and went on with my life. When we gathered at the airport I started talking to her and she said something along the lines of, "I can't believe you didn't talk to me at all today." and i said, "I only saw you once, and I asked if you wanted to chill with us." and she said, "Well I didn't want to be with all your friends." and i said, "You were alone pretty much. Company is better than nothing." and she said, "You didn't have to hang out with them. You could of spent the day with me." And i said, "It goes both ways." Then she said, "You know, I asked you to be my valentine, and it's valentine's day, and you didn't get me anything." and I said, "I thought my company was enough." and she said, "Nope. I'm mad at you, you know." and i said, "I'll live, you know." I slept and listened to my ipod on the plane. When the plane was landing I looked out her window because her row was infront of mine, and I didn't have a window. And she closed it because she had 2 windows. I used this to kino by holding her hand. We talked, and she said she was gonna tell everyone I'm gay because i didn't want to be her valentine. She said she was gonna tell our teacher about how I was mean to her by not buying her anything and all this other petty stuff. Whatever, right?

I would definitely date her, but I'm not invested or anything. Interest is there, and I haven't completely friend zoned myself. But she made a big deal about people wanting us to kiss and then goes on to go out of her way to flirt with me. I don't really know where I stand or how i should proceed.

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're still in high school? With those first relationships, it's ridiculous how careful people are about showing their feelings. SHE WANTS YOU BAD. YOU WANT HER BAD. But you're both too afraid of getting rejected. Girls use the "he must be gay" card when they feel REJECTED. Neither you nor her is willing to show the other that you like them. Just do it already man! It's gonna be awesome. Trust us, you're both normal, just really insecure because you're both young and inexperienced. It's really funny to read the way that you and her were each trying to avoid showing interest in the other.

IMO you should not worry about the kissing thing. That was a very sticky situation for her; God knows what was running through her head.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The second you kiss this girl, she'll go wild. She wants you, BAD. You played more or less everything perfectly. Only thing I might add is not to get too logical with her, don't take her that seriously.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
The final day I didn't get a chance to talk to her at all. She went off and did her own thing. I hung out with my friends. I saw her at a museum and asked her if she wanted to chill with us and she was really standoffish so I thought whatever and went on with my life. When we gathered at the airport I started talking to her and she said something along the lines of, "I can't believe you didn't talk to me at all today." and i said, "I only saw you once, and I asked if you wanted to chill with us." and she said, "Well I didn't want to be with all your friends." and i said, "You were alone pretty much. Company is better than nothing." and she said, "You didn't have to hang out with them. You could of spent the day with me." And i said, "It goes both ways." Then she said, "You know, I asked you to be my valentine, and it's valentine's day, and you didn't get me anything." and I said, "I thought my company was enough." and she said, "Nope. I'm mad at you, you know." and i said, "I'll live, you know." I slept and listened to my ipod on the plane. When the plane was landing I looked out her window because her row was infront of mine, and I didn't have a window. And she closed it because she had 2 windows. I used this to kino by holding her hand. We talked, and she said she was gonna tell everyone I'm gay because i didn't want to be her valentine. She said she was gonna tell our teacher about how I was mean to her by not buying her anything and all this other petty stuff. Whatever, right?
Jesus Christ...I could never be in high school again. All this lame drama over nothing.

Like everyone said, it seems that she likes you. But this girl is lame as hell. Good luck with inviting this gremlin into your life.

How should you proceed? With a girl this interested, you can do whatever you want. You could walk up to her right now and make out with her. But god, she seems like such an awful girl, I don't know why you'd want that.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I don't understand is her attitude towards everything. She told me initially that she's, "Done with high school relationships." and how she's a senior now and blah, blah, blah. When we were all in my room that night she acted like it was a bad thing to have to kiss me, but I thought it was sort of funny.

I also have noticed that when it's just me and her, she's definitely into me. But when all my friends (guys and girls) were around it's like she was too old or too good or out of my league. I didn't let it phase me tho. I'm not aggressive enough. I don't really make things clear, and I ought to. You're right about the whole insecure ordeal in highschool. I just can't compute things right when I'm out and about. Why shouldn't someone like me? Ya know? I feel like i've got a lot going for me. I need to be able to openly believe this.

I probably should go ahead and make a move. My only problem is that I never have made a move. She's had a boyfriend before, but I've never had a gf. Keep in mind that the guy she dated was a year older than her. People from the trip are doing something saturday, so i figure i should talk to her about stuff.

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
She might be attracted to you in private, but not want anyone to know. Maybe you don't meet her idea of a boyfriend who will bring her social status. It's OK if that's the case. She still wants to **** you, no doubt. And I could be wrong; I don't know about all the social pressures of a teenage girl. No one understands their attitudes towards everything =P

Actually, I just thought of a better theory: She was playing hard to get when she was around your friends because she wanted to look good for them. She wanted them to like and respect her, so that they would talk well about her to you, instead of telling you "ehh she's kinda slutty" or something like that.

She can't resist you, dude. Don't just make it clear verbally.. Make it clear physically.. Kiss her, touch her like you want to, lead her to the bedroom, etc. She wants to sleep with you. Logically she might have doubts (who doesn't) which is why it's good to just get her alone and make it happen.

What I've learned over the years is that game is 100% about keeping the attitude that the girl is into you. Confidence. There were so many times when a girl threw herself at me, and I couldn't even consider the possibility that she could want to do dirty sexual things with me. But she did, every time. So many missed opportunities! You should DEFINITELY go ahead and make a move.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is that she's older than me by a year, but I have very good social status in my grade. I have a lot of friends and everyone knows me for being a really outgoing, funny, guy. I think i actually have better social status than she does.

I'm not looking for a girl to just screw. To be honest, I'm not really looking for that. I don't want to break any of my morals. I know that sounds farfetched but it's how I am. I'm not looking for sex at all. I just want to be in a relationship. Whatever happens, happens. I'm not anticipating anything.

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're still here analyzing. GO GET HER! LOL

these guys know what they are talking about.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, well today I choked. I didn't talk to her. I got into my head... Why is that? I can talk to literally ANYONE, but the minute I put pressure on myself I fold. I'm mentally weak I guess. I have to do something. I just don't know how

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why'd you choke? What was going thru your head? Football team beating you up? Whole school laughing at you? Looking like a total creep/pathetic clown who is assuming he's attractive, but everyone is amazed because they know he isn't?

Probably stuff like that, right?

Accept the worst possible scenarios and say **** it, this is what I want and I'm going after it, I don't care what each individual around me might think. They are entitled to their opinions, and so is she, but all I am thinking about is asserting myself and going after what I want. In the end we all die, and I'd rather fail 100x and then succeed, than never try and never succeed.

That kind of thinking. You'll feel this sick calmness if you do it right. Get some tunnel vision towards your goal. Thinking about all the things that could go wrong is a ****ty idea. It's for the same reason that you aren't terrified to drive on the freeway or take a plane or eat food. There are possibilities of undesirable outcomes EVERYWHERE. You could crash or choke or have cancer or whatever. But you don't worry because worrying about them would be ****ing stupid! You can't control those things and you can't control her opinion of you, nor should you try. Well, your actions CAN influence her opinion of you, but the way to influence it positively is to NOT CARE ABOUT HER OPINION, and to just control YOURSELF to go after what you want.

If she rejects you, so what? You did what you wanted. It doesn't count as a failure if you get rejected. It's her right to reject you. The only failure is not trying.

Remember, this girl is NOT gonna tell you she's interested in you. She is too shy about showing interest to give you any more signals than she's already given you. It's possible that she will "man up" and do it, but it's much better to just do it yourself, because you'll learn for next time... and don't hold your breath waiting for her because she probably won't make any move.

You've already been given signals that she's interested. She's not gonna get more direct or obvious about it, because she's afraid of rejection. By manning up and asking her out, you will be making it happen, as well as demonstrating your confidence.

If you want to play it safe, then say hey lets hang out this weekend, or something like that. Keep it ambiguous whether or not you're "just friends".. Until you're alone with her somewhere. That's when you kiss her. No matter how interested in you you think she is or isn't.

Last edited:

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I keep thinking about all the ****ty things that can happen. Rejection. My biggest fear, enemy, boundary, etc. It always has been. Something I struggle overcoming, but I have to overcome it if i wanna be successful in life.

I exert confidence, but internally, I'm really insecure. People see that I'm confident, but it's not in the suave, james bond way. It's the goofy, Chuck Bartowski way. People like me tho. They really do. People are attracted to me. I get along with most people, and it feels good. It just makes getting girls hard.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Isko,I agreed with everything you said except this part right here...
Isko said:
If you want to play it safe, then say hey lets hang out this weekend, or something like that. Keep it ambiguous whether or not you're "just friends".. Until you're alone with her somewhere. That's when you kiss her. No matter how interested in you you think she is or isn't.
Playing it safe NEVER WORKS. This is like trying to pull a bait and switch on the girl. Girls don't want to be "surprised" by some guy trying to kiss them.

And keeping your interest "ambiguous" or hidden until you get her alone somewhere,then to suddenly reveal it by trying to kiss her out of the blue is a horrible thing to do.

Even if she is interested,she doesn't want to be surprised like that.

So this girl asked you to be her Valentine. Is this the first time she's ever shown you any signs of liking you? Because I wonder if she would have even said anything at all to you if it hadn't been Valentine's Day.

When she told you that she wanted you to be her Valentine,you told her that you didn't think she was serious. I agree with you.

I think she was toying with you. Sorry man,I gotta get tough on you here,but it's for your own good....

I think that she thinks you may be an AFC,or that is,a wimp. I think she said that Valentine's Day crap to you to see if she could get anything out of you,like a card,or candy,or something.

Now like I said,if she had said or did anything about you two dating or seeing each other in the past,before Valentine's Day,then scratch that.

If she has being trying to get you to go out with her for the past couple of weeks,and this Valentine's Day comment to you was just another thing she's said or done in line with all the other things she's done,then I'm wrong and she truely does have interest in you.

But if this Valentine's Day thing just popped up out of the blue,and this is the first time she's supposedly shown any kind of interest in you,then she's trying to make a fool out of you.

I just find it odd that if she REALLY,REALLY liked you that she'd wait until Valentine's Day to show it.

This reminds me of your other thread where some girl made plans with you,broke them,then she called you immature. She tried to make a fool out of you just to pump up her ego,and it looks like this girl is doing the same.

I think she made that Valentine's Day comment to you to see if she could get you to get something for her. Or in other words,pure ego.

I assume she's attractive. So she probably tried to use her looks to see if she could get something out of you WITHOUT having to give anything in return.

When someone truely likes someone,they don't mind investing something of themselves into the other person.

I don't see that from her. All I see is her trying her darnest to get you to buy her something.

She said...

"I'm mad at you because you didn't get me anything".

"I'm telling everyone you're gay because you didn't want to be my Valentine". (And by being her Valentine,she meant BUYING HER SOMETHING).

"I'm telling the teacher you were mean because you didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day".

I see absolutely NO INTEREST HERE. All I see is some chick trying to get you to buy her something. And I'm glad you didn't. All she would have done is parade whatever you got her around to show people that she got something for Valentine's Day.

To her,the gift wouldn't have been a symbol of the true meaning of Valentines,it would have been symbol of the power she has as being a "hot" girl,of her power to get AFCs to worship her by buying her things.

I don't know what the deal is. You seem to keep running into girls who keep trying to screw you over. I don't know what it is you're doing or saying that's causing this,but something's up man.

You should have stolen the frame back from her. When she asked you to be her Valentine,you should have flipped it back on her.

I would have been like,"You want me to be your Valentine? Alright,sure. Let's go somewhere and make out". Throw it back in her face. If she had asked me to get her something,I'd been like,"Buy you something? I'm not buying you anything,you're not my woman. If I take you out and I LIKE you,then I might come up out of my pocket,but I don't go around spending my money on random girls. You seriously thought I would buy you something? :crackup: Ha,ha,ha...that's a good one. Nope,I'm sorry. That ain't happening".

Again,if she's been showing you signs of interest for the past couple of weeks and her Valentine's Day comment was just another thing she's said in a long line of comments she's made hinting at dating you,then fine,forget everything I said.

But if this Valentine's Day remark was the first thing she's said to you,BEWARE.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right Igetit! It wasn't valentine's day, but it was 3 days before it i think. I wasn't going to buy her anything tho. I think originally she saw the type of guy I am and thought she could scam me.

I really should of said, "Maybe, but we'd have to make out first." That was gold man. I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not so much an AFC, but girls don't take me seriously because of my personality. I'm the guy whose always smiling and doesn't let things get to him. I'm always joking around. I'm not a clown but people see that I'm a fun guy. They also see that i'm innocent, so I think girls try to use that against me. I'm not going to fall all over a girl tho. I'm not gonna use pick up lines, or buy her ****. I'm just gonna be real and give things my all. I'm not trying to be some player, or some girls *****. I'm just being me, ya know? Of course i'm going to screw up, but I'm not as gullible as it seems.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Igetit! said:

Playing it safe NEVER WORKS. This is like trying to pull a bait and switch on the girl. Girls don't want to be "surprised" by some guy trying to kiss them.

But if this Valentine's Day remark was the first thing she's said to you,BEWARE.
Caveat Emptor.

Valentine's Day should be renamed AFC Awareness Day! Seriously, Lots of "single" ladies get railed by studs and get lots of depressed AFC's to buy them stuff. This is fake interest and these same girls usually aren't interested in these same guys when March comes.

The only people I buy Valentine's Day gift's for is my f**kin' family! That's now been a tedious task after I found out how much I've been missed and loved by relocating from New Orleans to Georgia. But I love 'em to the f**kin' death! They're very special to me and actually have meaning in my goddamn life.

Before then, I didn't buy anybody anything. I may have felt bad for not having a woman but I eventually just didn't give a f**k. I ain't got a b**ch to answer to every day. Even though I sometimes become the laughing stock of my circle/ workplace because I had no woman, I wasn't worried.

Valentine's day is just 362 days away.

Isko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Word... I never even considered the idea that she might be trying to pump him for presents. (I'm still not sure that she is... I still think you should go for it buddy.) Even before entering the community, I never bought gifts for a girl unless I was dating/sleeping with her already. No offense to those who did; I probably just never got the idea that it would work. (Which, of course, it doesn't.)

I knew a girl in high school who was given a brand new X-box and some games by a guy she barely knew. How ugly is that? Words/touch/emotions are free, and they're what everyone really wants.

I also know a guy here in college who has been hitting on the fatties in our class. He set up a scavenger hunt for one of them, and at the end was a copy of some handheld console Zelda game. She kept it and told him "LJBF"!!!

What makes guys think this is a good idea? Do they see it as an expression of love? Are they just trying to train the girls to associate them with free treats? No kids would swarm around Santa Claus if he stopped giving them stuff (well maybe some.)

Originally Posted by Igetit!

I just mean that he doesn't have to directly verbalize his interest, as long as he takes the steps he would take were he interested (like asking her out.) He shouldn't intentionally try to make her think that he's NOT interested... That would be a useless PUA weasel move.

In social circle, the ambiguous friends-who-flirt relationship seems like a pretty standard way that people hook up. You remember the feeling where you can't figure out if the girl is into you or not? Well, I've had that feeling persist (in my head... I don't know what was going on in theirs) up until we were chilling in her bedroom or watching a movie... for HOURS... (I was quite skeptical as to my own sexual attractiveness.) Eventually I'd man up, say to myself "**** IT, I'M GOING FOR IT!" and kiss her. It's more like a "screening tool", because it could be interpreted as me hanging out with them for fun, living in the moment, and getting to know them a little. But the concept of "screening tool" never made much sense to me.

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get in there and talk to her. if you have stage fright, memorize just the first few lines. that will get the cobwebs out. just do it.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Jokerlsk said:
I think originally she saw the type of guy I am and thought she could scam me.
She saw the type of guy you are and thought she could scam you? Well what type of guy is that?

This is what I meant when I said that I think she thinks you may be an AFC.

She picked YOU to try to work over. Therefore she must have seen something about you that made her think she could take advantage of you.

I'm going to just tell you the flat out truth:you're going to have to start getting tougher with these girls,and that's all there is to it.

This isn't just a coincidence.

This girl tried to make a fool out of you,right? Well look at this....

You have a previous thread where both you and some other girl told each other that you two missed each other,then when you tried to set up a get-together,she told you that she was broke,which was a lie.

She told you she couldn't meet up with you because she was broke,then she made plan and hung out with someone else.

You two made plans FIRST,plans that she AGREED to. Then when you called her to confirm,she told you she couldn't go because she made other plans and told you she'd be a "jerk" if she cancelled them. But she obviuosly had no problems cancelling on you.

You have another thread,something called,"Crazy girl I got over" where you spoke about how some chick used you as an emotional tampon,how you don't want to be used by her,and how if you continued being friends with her,she'd just lay MORE CRAP on you that she expects you to fix.

I mean come on,you even have one thread titled,"I'm practically a replacement".

Dude,aren't you tired of this yet? Aren't you tired of girls friendzoning you and using you as an emotion pit-stop while on their way to being some other guy's girlfriend?

I'm all for treating people with respect and everything,but if a girl came up to me trying to treat me the way some of these girls have done with you,if a girl have came up to me asking me to be her Valentine and I knew she was only trying you use me to buy her stuff or make a fool out of me,I'd tell her to GET LOST.

And that's not a joke,I'M SERIOUS.

You simply need to toughen up.

Jokerisk said:
I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not so much an AFC, but girls don't take me seriously because of my personality. I'm the guy whose always smiling and doesn't let things get to him. I'm always joking around. I'm not a clown but people see that I'm a fun guy.
Well there's nothing wrong with this,but you can't be joking and playing around all the time.

There's a time to play,and a time to be serious.

For example,if you want to SERIOUSLY want a girlfriend,then you'd have to be serious in going about it.

Come on man. Are you saying that if you were seeking a job that you would go into the interview laughing,playing,and joking around with the interviewer?

Of course you wouldn't. Getting a job is a serious thing,so you'd check your jokes at the door and be SERIOUS in the interview.

And that's not being fake. It's just expressing the appropiate part of yourself at the appropiate time. You need to do that with girls you're interested in.

They need to see more than just your "jokey" side. Otherwise they'll never take you seriously because YOU NEVER SHOW a serious side.

Jokerisk said:
I'm not going to fall all over a girl tho. I'm not gonna use pick up lines, or buy her ****.
Well this is good to know.

Jokerisk said:
I'm just gonna be real and give things my all. I'm not trying to be some player, or some girls *****. I'm just being me, ya know?
Player? Where did that come from? Did I miss something? Because I don't remember reading anywhere where someone advised you to be a player.

Whether you want to be a player or not is your business. All I'm saying is to express a little bit ore of your serious side and don't joke around some much.

If you want some girl to seriously consider you as a potential boyfriend,then you have to ACT SERIOUSLY as a potential boyfriend.

Women are emotional. All they're doing is responding to what YOU PUT OUT.

You can't blame them for not taking you seriously when you YOURSELF don't even take your interactions with them seriously.

Jokerisk said:
Of course i'm going to screw up, but I'm not as gullible as it seems.
Well you shouldn't be gullible,not after being here as long as you have. Heck,you've been here longer than me.

But one thing I have noticed is this:You seem to have a hard time telling the difference between when a girl truely likes you,and when she's being an AW/girl who's just trying to use you,which is understandable,because I used to be the same way.

It's too much to get into and explain,but for the moment,then next time you run across a girl you'd like to date,tone down the joking a tad,and be a little more serious with her.