Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GF smokes but I don't

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I usually aren't the type to ask "what should I do?" type of questions but I need some help on this one guys. 1st off I don't smoke or drink, I'm a serious athlete so I don't want stuff like that getting in the way and I just don't have no reason for doing it.

Me and my GF have been together for 4 months and been good the whole time but lately my GF has been smoking weed and cigs with some guys from work on her breaks and after work and stuff. I'm not the type of overprotective boyfriend who's like "I dont want her hanging around guy friends and stuff" but the fact that she's doing that kinda stuff with them really pisses me off.

I talked to her about it and she doesn't think it's a big deal, she claims she wouldn't ever do anything sexual with them and she just smokes with em cuz their her friends. So tell me, Am I right to think that I shouldn't have to take that sh*t and I should break up with her or am I just being stupid and overprotective and I'm worrying about nothing.

Any feedback is appreciated
Thanks

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, a DJ shouldn't settle for less then the best that he wants, so you got to do what you got to do.

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid
Well, a DJ shouldn't settle for less then the best that he wants, so you got to do what you got to do.
You're right, as much as it sucks throwing away everything you had in a relationship like that, it's probably better in the long run.
A few more replies would be nice though :confused:

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol when she's off smoking with the other guys, you should be off DJ'ing other girls ;)

lets see how long the habit lasts when she hears about what you're doin :D

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have sex?

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronny_Neumonic II
lol when she's off smoking with the other guys, you should be off DJ'ing other girls ;)
;) oh believe me I do, not as much in front of her but her sister also happens to be in some of my classes and is always telling my gf how much I flirt with other chicks. And I know I could find another girl no problem thats y I'm thinking I should just leave her, even though shes pretty good looking and all, I dont wanna put up with sh*t I don't approve of from her.

And oh yeah, we have sex... thats one reason y I wouldn't wanna leave lol

Last edited:

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously... She smokes weed with other guys. Who gives a fvck? It means nothing, especially since it's just during her break at work. If smoking bugs you, dump her, but if you're worried that she's being unfaithful, don't worry - she's not.

lollipop

Banned
Reaction score
Tell her you dislike the smell of weed and cigs. And that it turns you off. If she insists to kiss you, just back off a little and say "I can't do this." She will get the clue. She will make sure she doesn't smell when she's around you.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Fedorov
So tell me, Am I right to think that I shouldn't have to take that sh*t and I should break up with her or am I just being stupid and overprotective and I'm worrying about nothing.
Stupid? There isn't a friendly word that describes your intelligence in this situation. It's really immature to break up over smokes and mary jane. Now if it was coke or heroin, it'd be a different story.

If you like this girl and her habits annoy you, mentally deal with it. If all of her habits annoy you, there's no chance of this relationship ever evolving into an LTR where you're living together. You'd probably go insane over the way she brushes her teeth or the way she eats cereal.

Feedback? Yea, you're being stupid. Really stupid.

One more thing. You're 17 and you're a serious athlete? How serious? Like the next superstar going to cash in on a major multi-year multi-million dollar contract? You're 17 and you don't smoke mary jane? :rolleyes: You're missing out.

The Milk Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly Demon. Some of you seriously make me wonder about the advice and feedback you give...

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dumping a girl because she smokes MJ?

This is highschool son. If you refuse to date girls who smoke MJ than you will be passing up a hell of alot of hunnies and limiting yourself to a select few.

I have a friend who started dating the biggest christian good girl in my school. She HATED marijuana, and he is one of the biggest potheads I know. Did she try to get him to stop? Not at all. She was cool about it as long as he didn't do it around her, and she absolutely despised the ****.

My girlfriend likes anchovies, and she goes out with a group of friends, including guys, and gets a big ol' pizza covered with the disguisting things. Then she comes and tries to kiss me with anchovie breath. I really dig everything about this girl besided the anchovies. Should I next her?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh what the hell. this is bs reply thread.

first. i hate smokers too. I lived with one for a long time.

I dont think i will ever date a smoker. **** her, may be, but date?
i will tell her either give up smoking or close the door behind her.

yes, he is 17, so? i think it is great u dont drink and smoke! i used to drink and i dont want to anymore, it is just stupid.

and i tried weed, it ****ing sucked. i wont do it again. there ya go.

Escalade

Don Juan
Reaction score
The BIGGEST turnoff to me is a girl that smokes...it's so damn disgusting. Their breath and clothes stink of it, it's horrible.

I've had a few girls who i really liked(both in my AFC and DJ days) that when I find out they smoked, I didn't want to be around them.

If you think smoking is revolting and you can't stand it then leave her.

If you don't like her hanging around other guys then your just being jealous. Tell her how you feel and if she doesn't change dump her.

CaptianMorgan

Don Juan
Reaction score
a girl that smokes cigarettes is disgusting. A girl that smokes weed u could use to ur advantage:D ok i apologize for that remark dont do that cuz thats just evil.

EpsilonArmati

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't mind my holier than thou attitude. I simply find that a life without unnecessary adulterants is much more satisfying than days spent on an artificial high. I tend to appreciate adrenaline rushes more so than weed. Most "serious" athletes tend to do that.

Keep your high standards where they are. You don't need to stoop down to get high.

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright u guys thanks for all the replies. Even the one's saying I'm stupid, lol, I needed that. I agree that a DJ should have his standards and if one of them happenes to be smoking or not then that's their choice.... I know it's not THAT big a deal but part of the misunderstanding of that post is what I forgot to mention (woops;) ).

Maybe it's not so much the fact that she smokes but the guys she does it with r fu*kin losers who tell her things like "break up with ur BF so u can smoke with us and we can hangout all the time, it'll be great..." and BS like that and I bet that they'd want to fu*k her since she is good looking and they're always hitting on her. She probably enjoys the attention from them always hitting on her and it gives her some kind of an ego boost somehow since I'm not going around kissing her ass all the time and they do. Maybe I'm too C&F around her and maybe my neghits go too far.... well at least learning from my mistakes now.

I also was wondering if your judgement is really impaired enough when your high that she would be able to be taken advantage of, I know it's the same as being drunk but still.... I wasn't sure about this. I'll probably stay with her for now but I just want to get my facts straight.

Thanks a bunch for all your help

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I also was wondering if your judgement is really impaired enough when your high that she would be able to be taken advantage of

I can address your concerns somewhat... Being high isn't being like drunk. It doesn't lower your inhibitions, and it can also make them greater - you think more about what you're doing, so it's unlikely she'd get taken advantage of. Also remember that people don't remember much when they're high, which means that most of the time she spends with those guys she'll forget. You don't have much to worry about. :)

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of high school kids who smoke mary jane say they got high, etc. They really didn't. Most people have no idea what it is be high. They get a small buzz and they're happy and they say they were high, but there's a reason it's called a "high." High is when you're flying. If you've never felt like you're floating, flying, or your skin, muscles, bones trying to pick you off the ground... you were never high.

DJ Federov: You can never completely understand the effects of drugs until you use them at least twice. I said USE not ABUSE. There's a big difference. Aiken Drum is a big user of all sorts of illicit drugs and is very knowledgeable about all sorts of things.

Federov... who doesn't enjoy attention? So what if she likes the attention? I think the part of the story you "forgot" to mention has a lot you can learn from. If you like this girl, don't screw with her happiness by being selfish.

You wouldn't be worrying about this crap if you were a real DJ. No offense intended. The guys smoking with your girl are AFCs if they're saying "break up with your boyfriend..." What? Are you afraid of the AFCs might take your girl, insecure about your skills as a (aspiring) DJ, or are you not confident that you can keep her?

What's your real problem? This "I don't like smoking" thing seems like a cover for your real concerns. Hell man, if you don't know a thing about weed, you got some problems. When I went to high school, a lot of my friends were serious athletes with sports scholarships, etc. They drink beer and get high like everyone else around here.

Seriously, as an athlete you shouldn't be getting jealous... unless you're a baseball player. I knew a guy who lost his girlfriend to someone else and he said to the guys, "She doesn't know it yet, but we're going to get back together." Four days later, he's hitting that. That's a DJ. That's confidence.

okay i'm ranting...

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Demon: I'm curious about the "high" thing. I've had the floating sensation, but never from weed... I did get it from opium, and some similar stuff though. I always thought high was just another way of saying stoned.

How do you get the floating sensation off weed? I've smoked some pretty amazing amounts in short periods of time, and can never remember anything like that (key word being "remember.")

Anyway, enlighten me. I'm curious.