Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting Shredded on Lower Protein

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I will say that taking a high-quality Magnesium supplement is very beneficial, as Magnesium plays an important role in protein synthesis.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oddly though, I eat all my protein in one meal with around 1.5-2 lb chicken breast as I'm on OMAD. That basically leaves no room for a lot of carbs. Especially as I add in veggies.

1g/lb has never failed me.
Yeah I’m of the same mindset. When I get my protein, I like to have it in one big feast. I usually get say 100 G of protein from chicken breast. Maybe I have a very light protein shake earlier in the day for 20 G as well.

I have no idea how people managed to eat 6 small protein meals on these bro diets lol.

Yeah, at 1G per pound you’re definitely hitting the protein. I believe the research says that’s the maximum amount you could ever need.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But if so how can this guy John Joseph be quite well fit?
Being fit isn't the same as progressing. Sure he can be lean and have a good physique. But how much muscle/size/strength could he add? Not much I bet.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65 what's up mate?

99% of my diet is natural organic healthy eating. Lots of chicken. I got my micros and macros dialed in. I supplement with shakes due to IF and it's super quick. Still fasting and in my split 16:8 with day fasts periodically. I highly recommend it for anybody who is root beer floating.

As for shredded, body awareness is key. Be cognizant of how you react to foods and training. Also d9 skipping now that it's winter time. Heart health is key.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I will say that taking a high-quality Magnesium supplement is very beneficial, as Magnesium plays an important role in protein synthesis.
You don't even need supplements, You can get magnesium from the following foods:
  • pumpkin seeds, 30g (156mg)
  • chia seeds, 30 g (111mg)
  • almonds, 30g (80mg of magnesium)
  • spinach, boiled, ½ cup (78mg)
  • cashews, 30g (74mg)
  • peanuts, ¼ cup (63mg)

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone else get sick and tired of eating all this protein every single day? These super high protein requirements? Even with bundling protein with nice foods, it can be difficult to hit some of the recommendations I’ve heard.

Instead, I began to follow the Greg Doucette recommendation to hit .5-1 G of protein per pound of bodyweight. I’m going for .5 specifically. When I aim for near that low end, 100-120 G of protein a day, my diet is super enjoyable. I eat a lot like Kinobody. I can stick to the diet because I don’t have to eat 5 small meals a day(I do Intermittent Fasting) and I don’t have to eat assloads of protein. I feel way better on the lower protein diet.

Those are the two reasons my previous diets failed. I had to eat these small little meals 5-6 a day and hitting the protein was just obnoxious. So I’m putting together a plan that solves those issues and makes adherence effortless.

Whenever I try to go higher in protein, the diet becomes just not fun. Even with IIFYM, I have to end up slamming chicken breast, egg whites, protein shakes, and ground turkey every single day to hit that protein requirement. Even with "fun" protein foods like Built Bars, protein pancakes, Anabolic French Toast, and so on, it's just not enjoyable having to eat such a high amount of protein every single day. I feel way better on 100-120 G. Going lower in protein also allows me to eat like a normal human being and enjoy my life, because I have more room for fats and carbs. I’m satisfied on the diet, all while still hitting my macros and staying in a deficit.

I was making strength and muscle gainz on the .5G of protein per day as well, even when cutting. It's not “optimal” according to the research, but on it I feel great and I was making awesome progress. Some days I would go as low as 100 G of protein, and I was still progressing in the gym. I just start feeling sick when I try to eat more protein than that, and I hate being on my diet. Then I get these wild cravings, I’m never satisfied, and I end up cheating. I could never stick to the diet because of that high high protein count.

So basically, am I screwing myself over like this? Or can I just eat lower protein like this and keep progressing? It makes the diet infinitely easier to stick to. I love this lifestyle fitness type approach.
I cant offer any advice,only agreement.I tried the whole pound of bodyweight/protein thing,and lasted a week.I train hard and im lean muscular,but,it was to much,I was never hungry,didnt want my meals,was constantly full.I couldnt stand it any longer.And im active! Food is a pleasure for most of us and I look forward to my meals,but iv found better results and wellbeing when,im still high protein,but not this high....listen to your body I suppose,and a one size fits all approach isnt always the way

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to be sticking with this approach at the very least until I drop below 200 lbs. Eating 100-120 G of protein a day and not going crazy on it has made my diet so flexible and enjoyable.

For instance, I've been to two company lunches in the last week. We went to a Mexican restaurant. I could actually order something that I liked without destroying my macros/calories, instead of having to order some fvcking steamed chicken and broccoli that I could cook at home lol.

I'll keep going with this, as long as I don't plateau. Though, I honestly doubt that I'll plateau in the first place. When I hit a 3 plate squat and 2 plate bench, I was eating around 100-120 G of protein a day as well.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep going with this, as long as I don't plateau.
You will eventually... an effective way to do it is, diet in a certain deficit say 500 cal, until plateau, then add some cardio until plateau, then cut out another 150-200 calories until plateau, then add more cardio.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will eventually... an effective way to do it is, diet in a certain deficit say 500 cal, until plateau, then add some cardio until plateau, then cut out another 150-200 calories until plateau, then add more cardio.
As in from the calorie deficit? Yeah, as I get smaller and smaller my TDEE will definitely go down. I'm looking at my median weight each week, and watching for stalls. I will add cardio and cut down on calories as I see fit. If I'm cutting calories they're probably going to come from my carbs. But in general, I prefer to move more than eat less whenever possible lol.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time you stall out in weight loss, that's your new maintenance calorie point.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Your body needs far less protein than you think. The more trained you are, the less protein it needs as it gets efficient with using it as well as not damaging muscles as much during training.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could eat salmon all day long.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lox:

whatchamacallit_lox_smokedsalmon-1920x560.jpg