Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting my Friend Back or?

What do you guys think?

• Move on and forget about him

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Be the bigger person despite everything and talk to him.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brad jarry

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Not sure if this is okay but this post isn't about relationships etc. It's about a friend I recently lost. You guys give great advice and I need help.

I'll try to keep it as short as possible. My friend "Tom" we'll call him, was my closest guy friend. All the other guys are playboys, immature and have bad mentalities so I don't talk to them as much. Don't get me wrong Tom does too but at a lesser extent that I can tolerate.

Basically a few weeks ago, he texted me saying that a Freshman was spreading rumors about me (He's friends with a lot of freshmen) When I asked who, he told me not to worry about it and put some laughing emojis...Like what? 1) It's not even funny and 2) Why would you even bring it up if you weren't gonna tell me who started this rumor? He knows who it is but won't tell me and I find that so fake, because if it were the other way around, I'd tell him.

After that, I stopped talking to him altogether. I never thought he'd be fake like that. But ever since then he's been looking sad and not talking as much and people are saying it's because of me and that I should talk to him. He was going around saying that I was petty, for cutting him off and that he "was helping me out and defending me".

But yeah I kinda miss having someone to talk to about anything but my thing is, he's the type of person to be like "Oh he came running back to me" "I'm not begging for nobody's friendship" and I swear the minute I hear that he's said that, I'd have put my pride aside for nothing.

Pride and ego are two strong things, to be honest. He said a mutual friend that he won't talk to me unless I talk to him. That's pretty much it, can someone give me some advice on what to do?

Dan Bautista

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in similar situations where we worked things out by ourselves — though not very recent and not involving my friend defaming me. Talking to him despite your differences nor doing the opposite will make you the bigger man. Forgive his mistakes but make a decision for your own betterment, should you want to be the bigger man. If he went around telling everyone that you were petty and whatnot then he, surely, isn't worth your time. Investing your time on someone worthwhile extends not only to females but also to your male companions.

From my reckoning, your friend's very much craving attention. Meet him in person and let him know that you do not appreciate him slandering your name and then go on with your life.

Most of the friends you make in high school do not even last after high school and either way, you're bound to make other friends equally as or even better than him. BE THE BIGGER MAN, forgive him for what he has done and make decisions for your own better — get on with your life.

In short, let him know you do not appreciate him slandering you and move on because he is not worth investing your time in and you'll eventually find someone better.

Last edited: