Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting Into A Fight

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
He BMW, the first lesson they teach at a martial art dojo is never use it in real life, unless there's no other way. The whole arrogant theory of yours only goes for guys that are in it to learn how to fight in the street, and not to improve in life (on a physical and mental level).

Second it's very true that there's a difference between tournament/practice fighting and streetfighting. In the latter there are no rules. But basically calling skinheads true fighters, because they fight all day is funny. These sh*theads only fight in groups. Take lessons in Israeli Combat, and you can fvck up one sh*thead so bad, the others will run in fear.

On your PS question. In most streetfights is not about winning or losing, since most guys are not properly trained, have a bad condition, are tired or drunk. Fights don't last to the end. Except if it's a blood revenge or something. Most of the time some punches will land and that's that.

O yeah before I forget, I know a 5th dan karate expert. I once asked him to punch me in my (flexed) stomach to find out how hard he could punch. Now I do kickboxing and got strong abdominals but this kind of pain I never felt before. My stomach was blue for a week. If this guy would punch a "true" fighter in the face, the only kicking he will be doing is in the afterlife.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Polo, i think youre right. The only reason anybody should fight is to defend themselves or anybody they care about

Cablelight, i got worked up for my home matches because the cheerleaders were there...hee hee. Actually i really got worked up so i can be the champ in my league and get good seating for my section finals before state tournament. Sadly, i never got to the state finals

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I never fight anymore.
If someone wants a fight with me I just look at them thinking "Grow up" and they usually get the picture.

In most cases, you can actually get out of a hostile situation by acting like you know how they feel and become friends with them. They'll quickly realise they have lost their reasons to beat the crap out of you.

In the unlikely event that I still get into a fight, I have the fortunate ability to have a little "rage" switch in my head. I can keep on going after being beat up very badly, for a long long time. Doesn't really matter if I get stabbed, beat up badly or shot in the leg, the other person is going to be hurting a lot when it's over. Usually when I push that switch, the person will realize that he is not going to like this and backs off very quickly. Sometimes they don't. Haven't lost a fight like that so far ;)

So basically my strategy comes down to these three things:
1. The "Grow up" look.
2. Making them think of me as a friend.
3. Making them think I am insane.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I don't think as many people got this, I want to state my post about the "Chinese Gas Pedal" is strictly satire. My follow-up post should have confirmed this, but maybe it didnt...

Look - fighting someone without basis shows weakness. Trying to make a buddy out of a bully isn't always going to work, and when humor fails is where you need to stand up for yourself. Trust me - appeasement isn't always a free road to neutrality.

Anyone who wants to fight you - unless you're the type of A-hole who goes out of his way to pick on people or make them look/feel like sh!t - is a loser. Do not associate with these people. We're living in the goddamn 21st century - Growing up is becoming less and less of an option. Make the right decision for the situation.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CableLight
Since I don't think as many people got this, I want to state my post about the "Chinese Gas Pedal" is strictly satire. My follow-up post should have confirmed this, but maybe it didnt...
LMAO dude the Chinese Gas Pedal (CGP from now on) is great. I'm going to use it when I can get him moaning on the ground. you gotta mix it up with some screams you konw?;)

JUST PLAYING!! Seriously though. I would never get in a fight. I got into one fight as a kid in like 4th or 5th grade and some kid tackled me, sat on my torso and started raining punches on my chest. They I started flailing my arms and I started breathin like a fukin animal and I I flung his ass off me. then somehow I elbowed him in the throat and he was like chokin on the ground. It was ok in the end and he didn't die, but I guess if I was stronger he would've. Anyhow, now people kinda challenge me occasionally but I know its all good fun. If they really do it, I just back off and say, "yeah you're right man. I just don't wanna trouble that's all." Why? I'm worried about lawsuits and ****.

But if they touch my family, start hitting me, or hurt any of my loved ones, I'll end their pitiful ass life in a second.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a pretty horrible forum to ask for fighting advice. The majority of the men on this board are RAFCs or Dons in training, and their past is most likely no filled with fights, at least not fightsthey won. Add to that most Dons here not wanting to fight or avoiding fights, and you're not going to get the best of advice.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This subject has been delt with before, so I'm not going to say much about fighting technique. Remember, you should always avoid trials of skill whenever possible. A man with too much to prove has everything to lose--only fight when it is a matter of survival. Fighting someone over a matter of egotistical pride shows weakness, not strength. Knowing when to walk (or run) away can save not only your life, but your reputation as well.

A few years back one of my friends (who is a gung fu master) was verbally assulted by a man on a convenience store parking lot. My friend exchanged a few harsh words with this man and the situation soon escaladed into a physical confrontation... my friend beat the man very easily without really hurting him too badly. However, it was later discovered that the man who attacked my friend had a very serious mental handicap...

My friend is currently serving nine years of probation for assult with a deadly weapon--his body. He can't leave the state, the county, or even the city where he lives without premission. He can't even go within so many hundred feet of the store where this incident took place. If he had kept his mouth shut he would still be a free man today.

Whenever I have to deal with a situation like that, I take on the role of the wise zen master--a teacher who uses philosophical stories to disarm hostility. If you make them use their heads, they don't feel like fighting anymore.;)

The rest of the time I just walk on by if I don't feel like talking. This is sometimes the better choice anyways... after all, if the guy is retarded then philosophy probably isn't going to help too much.:D

If you must fight, learn a good system like Krav Mega or Jeet Kune Do. Condition your body by running and by using a system of self-resistance exercises like Harry Wong's "Dynamic Strength"

Dynamic Strength Book
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0865680132/103-6401642-7453444?_encoding=UTF8

Tao of Jeet Kune Do
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-6401642-7453444?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Krav Mega
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-6401642-7453444?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Your local 'Hastings' should have all of those titles as well.

Last edited:

hacx

Don Juan
Reaction score
boxing is the best option

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hacx
boxing is the best option

Not if you get kicked in the nuts...:p