Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting Into A Fight

werdmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I've been really close into getting into fights, but I always turn them down. Yea, I know a lot of people are going to be like: "It takes the better man to walk away." But sometimes I really wish i would have stood up for my honor, so to speak.

The problem being, ive never been in a fight. I know how to throw a punch from karate and stuff as a kid, but ive never actually done it.

For some reason, I just lock up when wanting to hit someone. Its because I think hitting someone is wrong, or that Im goign to get in trouble. My concious takes over, no matter how angry I get.

How can I get over this?

As well, what is a sure fire way that I can take someone down. Like wats a good combo?

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
an easy way, is to punch them in the jaw, or if its not quite that serious, got for there collar bone.

I could also try a simple front kick to there jaw, but most people that do not do martial arts (or gymanstis) will not be able to reach that high and kicks are harder to do then punches if you dont know how.

my favourite kick is a side kick although right now i cant get it very high. Still high enough to get some 1 in the ribs thou.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it takes the better man to walk away, but I'm not a saint and I don't take crap from people. Still I ain't no bully, I never start the fight. But when someone starts a fight with me, I usually finish it.
When two guys pick a fight it's never about who can fight better, but about who lands the first punch and how hard he lands it and about who has more and bigger friends with him.

Soma de Sade

Banned
Reaction score
Blah..man...forget the kick to the jaw shiet or sidekick to the ribs.

If you took Karate then most likely you DON'T know how to throw a punch. Not tryin to rag on ya but that's just the reality of the situation.

Anyway...if you want something easy and quick...then here you go...

Punch him in the face then kick him in the balls. Then just wail on him. Don't let up. Don't EVER let up until either A) He is no longer a threat or B) his friend are comin and you need to run.

If you guys are close...like chest to chest...doing that macho thing...forget the punch and just smash into his face with an elbow. In fact, anytime you're close enough for an elbow, do it!

If you're clinched...don't worry about fighting fair. Poke his eyes, grab his balls, bite the shiet out of him. Though realize, this will UP the level of the fight so be ready for him to react in kind. But if you fvck him up fast he won't have time to retaliate anyway.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for fast efficiancy, try to stay as safe as possible so dont try and kicks which are higher than leg-level. Offensive, Offensive, Offensive. keep him on the defense, go fast and stong, dont forget elbows.

Sir Space

Don Juan
Reaction score
The 2 best places to punch someone without killing them is square in the nose, or taking a fist to their gut.

If you get them in the nose, it will likely spray out blood, it will incapacitate them momentarily by making their eyes water, thus taking away their vision, plus the harrowing CRACK of cartilege is sure to send a shiver down anyones spine.

Another scenario is you sucker punching them in the guts. They will be overcome from shock alone because it will be unexpected, they will likely double over gasping for breath, at which case a well placed knee to the face is sure to crush their nose. Its a good combo.

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Distance is the most important in a fight. This is were you decide to go for a kick or punch. If the distance is to great for a punch lowkick with a full stretch right under the kneecap, fight over.
Punching when in close encounter must be quick and many, hit the eyebrow. For direct knockout lock one arm off the opponent with your own arm, uppercut under the chin. If you're really mad you can use this: with the site of your flat hand go under the nose and lightly pull up. This wil automatically cause the opponent putting his face up. Full blow on the adams apple. This hurts like hell. Never hit the nose hard if you have any power in your punch, you can kill someone with that sh*t.

Bilogomja

Don Juan
Reaction score
ha ha a way to get over your problem is that you can immerse yourself in violence, watch bumfights, some hardcore fighting films, boxing, get involved in some type of martial art or boxing, get a punching bag and wale the **** out on it. Generally, this would be a start, so if anyone steps up and wants to fight you, your first reaction would automatically be to knock his ass out.

BUT........
generally the best move is to just walk away when some ******* steps up, unless the ****er wants to steal your money, shoot you family, keyed your car, etc. other than that your best off just walking away (youll be able to avoid some serious lawsuits)

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been taking kickboxing for 4 years now. Im a red belt.

Until about three months ago, I thought that my kicks would not hurt a person because, for some reason, they seemed weak to me. That all changed when I HAD to fight this guy; it was either fight him or see a friend's ass get kicked, and I stand up for my friends. So I did a roundhouse kick to his side, a bit below his armpit when he raised his arms. Let me tell you, after that hit he was DOWN. So please dont say martial arts stuff doesent work :)

If you want to **** someone up and have no martial arts knowledge, yeah hit them in the jaw, nose, stomach, or right the middle of the chest. If you DO know it, there are hundreds more things you can do, including killing someone :/

Also in some situations (my life or a family member's life in danger), if I have to, I would kill the guy. Sorry if Im wrong about this, but my and my loved ones' life is more important then going to court for murder. It is better to be judged by twelve then carried by six.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SheepSter
Never hit the nose hard if you have any power in your punch, you can kill someone with that sh*t.
let me get this straight, you say dont punch them to hard in the nose, but you are telling us punch there throat, thats like the easiest way to kill some one, it will mess some stuff up in there throat and suffocate them.

If you want to make sure you dont kill some one then dont for the face or throat. thats why i mentioned the colar bone, chest is also good, if you punch yourself there lightly you will notice it hurts a bit, so imagine a strong punch there.

how ever, even a punch ot the torso can kill, you know the magician Houdini, who apparntly died when he drowned doing 1 of his 'tricks' well thats not true, i was playing trvial persuit and 1 of the questions was how did he die, well the answer was a punch to the stomach.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Em I dunno guys, if Im gonna fight then its not going to be a fight that I started and I wont be worrying about the other guys health then.

The best way to not hurt anybody is not to fight.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know when you fight, you are sooo pissed off, that you forget all techniques, all martial arts. Everything.
All you need to do it get an advantage (such as a knee to the balls) and punch till he don't get up no more.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jonny football hero
You know when you fight, you are sooo pissed off, that you forget all techniques, all martial arts. Everything.
All you need to do it get an advantage (such as a knee to the balls) and punch till he don't get up no more.
well if you have slef control you will not let being pissed off make you lose control, but its defintly true that as your heart rate goes up you start to loose control and can no longer concentrate on fighting properlt and it turns in to more of a frennzy on kicks and punches, as your heart rate goes up, even your senses such as your hearing get weaker!

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Three words: Chinese Gas Pedal

If executed properly, you will not lose a fight unless you're fighting a eunuch.

How to do it?: The hardest part is getting the guy to the ground. Throw 'em, leg sweep, whatever. They need to be on the ground before you can do this.

Once on the ground, grab their legs, put your foot on their balls and pull their legs back towards you. You'll basically be pulling their balls into your presure-exerting foot, causing their eyes to roll back into their head and eventually passing out - possibly destroying their chance of having children.

I think I saw it done in the Brady Bunch movie or something. :eek:

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen man, i dont know if its the christmas spirit or whatever, but id advise dont get into fights

First thing is first, you wont lose anything but whatever is inside of you...if you let it. I used to wrestle and i would get really aggressive during home matches, but the truth is that out of the mat, i never felt the urge to prove anything

Its just a matter of being in control of your own emotions. Say, "I control my own emotions", and beleive it

Juice

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is that you're not always proving anything but yourself.

A fight is - simply - a battle of characters. Juice - you say you would get worked up more for home matches, why is that? The people you know are there? You want to perform better for them? You want to show some home-town spirit? I don't know, do you?

Personally, if anyone challenges me, it's not about who's the bigger man. It's the other guy saying that he actively wants to show and backup his feelings that he is, in fact, superior to me. I, personally, don't start fights. I am exactly who I project myself to be, and some people - for whatever reason - are objective to that. This is not right.

I don't go out looking for fights. Fvck, they're not "fun" in my mind. I will, however, defend myself if someone thinks they can walk all-over me. I will stand up for myself - as I believe everyone should. I do not think you should ever start a fight with anyone - this is childish. I think, though, that you should fight those who wish to fight you.

Testosterone? Fvck that. This is about standing up to someone who has the disillusioned opinion that they have to prove you wrong - despite how "proving" someone wrong can end up like they just want to show off. Anyone who actively goes out looking for fights is - in my opinion - a coward. They're not confident enough in themselves to bypass others. Rather, they seek breaking down others to lift themselves up. These are the people you need to fight against. These are the people who, despite the outcome, are always wrong.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
fighting is not worth it unless your fighting for your life or to protect your family, or for your country, IMHO.

I met a guy that was crippled from a fight when he was younger, now he uses a cane to walk and limps.

you should only fight if their is no way out, to defend yourself, some people will try to kill you.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All you people that are dispensing advice on these forums would not last too long against people who fight on the streets almost on a daily basis. These people handle boxers, martial artists, etc etc without any problem because they don't play by rules. These people will stick their fingers deep in your eyes till they feel the insides...they bite, spit, scratch, or whatever it takes to win. Like the skinheads....why do you think that they wear steel toe shoes and you'll never see any of them in a martial arts or a boxing school......but they will kick most of their asses.

Stuff like "aim for this or aim for that" doesn't work! Yes you are better of than 90% of the average people if you take martial arts or boxing, but get too arrogant....and you will come up against a true fighter who does this everyday and the rest is history.

P.S. how come no one has ever lost a fight on the Internet?

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
You aren't going to learn how to fight on the internet.

Learn by practice, or by experience. Play by your own rules. Maybe your a chicken **** who pokes eyes and kicks balls or an honourable guy who never kicks someone when they're down. Play by your own. Just don't expect the other guy to.

And don't worry about killing the guy. You are certainly capable of doing so, but; someone usually pulls you off before that point, and people are far more resiliant than these folks are telling you.

I don't go out looking for fights. Fvck, they're not "fun" in my mind. I will, however, defend myself if someone thinks they can walk all-over me. I will stand up for myself - as I believe everyone should. I do not think you should ever start a fight with anyone - this is childish. I think, though, that you should fight those who wish to fight you.