Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting back in shape

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally dragged myself to the gym tonight on my quest to get back the healthy, trim body I had last summer.

At the end, weighed myself and was about where I thought I'd be...190 lbs. For my build, that's way too high (6'0", medium build...some muscle, but not not enough to justify that weight.) I've been a complete slob the last couple months...no exercise and eating fast food for lunch all the time. (Note to self: When in a relationship, keep your workout routine!) Of course, most of my problems started last summer when I got sick for two months and stopped, but no excuses.

No problem. I lost 60lbs before, and I know what works for my body. My target weight is 165 to 170 lbs, and assuming I can lose 1 1/2 lbs a week, should be there by June. My real target is looking good of course, since the scale doesn't tell you everything. And though right now I still look in good shape and don't have a gut or anything like that, I can just feel the fat on me. Plus all the nice clothes I bought are getting tight and uncomfortable.

So, I'm going to do what worked before:

- 4x week 30+ min cardio and weights
- No fast food, snacks, junk food

If that's not enough, I'll just have to adjust my diet.

Once spring/summer rolls around, it'll be a lot easier since I do a lot of biking, rollerblading, and stay active outside. I'm getting excited about it already.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm running into the same problems - jeans are actually starting to get a little tighter... hopefully eating unprocessed foods coupled with a steady routine will be enough. I plan on starting hardcore on Monday, March 14 - my birthday.. I'm 5'11", 203 lbs. We can have a friendly little competition to whip us both in shape.

By the way, what size rollerblades do you wear? I've got a pair of untouched K2 Flight ALX's in a US11 that I'd get rid of for cheap - bought them new on eBay only to find that I'm an 11.5, had to get some Salomon's that fit me better.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing better than a friendly competition.

Good for you. I have the opposite story, lost a ton of weight and was wasting away. Started back up right around christmas. Been going strong and put on about 10-15lbs. Anyways you have the drive I hope you exceed your goals. Best of luck.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I sure got sidetracked the last three months. A week after I went back to the gym, I got hit by a series of health issues that put a halt to it all (post-concussive syndrome from a snowboarding fall, cyst in my testicle, a couple colds). The last three weeks I've just been lazy.

But, now I'm healthy again and back to the gym four days a week. I've lost a few pounds just watching my diet, and I'm feeling better all ready. I should really drop it now that I'm physically active again.