Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gervonta Davis vs Ryan Garcia

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I meant to make a thread about this before the fight but forgot.. So here it is.

What do you guys think about the fight?

I honestly was extremely disappointed. I knew Gervonta would win but I did not expect it to end the way it did.. Both of these guys are titans but to see Ryan go out like this was not what i had in mind.. Regardless, I can't hold it against him because the liver shot is notorious for taking people out. Most people don't realize that when you get hit in the liver, its not just the pain that gets you.. What gets you is that your body goes in complete shock because it affects the vagus nerve and sends signals to drop your blood pressure really low to protect some of your organs from damage, and thus also makes it hard to breath/get oxygen to the brain.

How do you think the fight woulda went had Ryan not got caught with the liver shot? Did he have any chance to make it to a decision or make it close?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't watch. They were beefing back in February 2020 right before my boxing gym shut doors temporarily. Light and Welter are still the roughest divisions post-coof. Tank will go on plowing and racking up more misdemeanors...maybe even make some bogus, seemingly obligatory callout of Manny Pacquiao to garner clout. But the sleeper at LW is probably Devin Haney now. He has the best jab in all of boxing. I couldn't snap my jabs that forcefully, but I was able to with a left cross. Ryan Garcia needs to ditch that Golden Boy BS and head on over to Canelo Alvarez for assistance, because that Gym Shark posterboy gig isn't doing him any favors.

M

member160292

Garcia’s footwork needs a ton of work, Davis was dancing inside the whole night. Once you take away Garcia’s one trick pony hook, the inside is open and Davis was waiting for him to throw it and counter. Davis is legit, extremely patient while dodging Garcia’s jab advantage

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch. They were beefing back in February 2020 right before my boxing gym shut doors temporarily. Light and Welter are still the roughest divisions post-coof. Tank will go on plowing and racking up more misdemeanors...maybe even make some bogus, seemingly obligatory callout of Manny Pacquiao to garner clout. But the sleeper at LW is probably Devin Haney now. He has the best jab in all of boxing. I couldn't snap my jabs that forcefully, but I was able to with a left cross. Ryan Garcia needs to ditch that Golden Boy BS and head on over to Canelo Alvarez for assistance, because that Gym Shark posterboy gig isn't doing him any favors.
Oh Devin Haney is no sleeper at all. He's my pick to beat Gervonta.. I don't think anyone else can.. Gervonta Davis is incredible at boxing.. But its no surprise, he's trained under Floyd Mayweather very closely.. Talking about being trained by the best boxer there ever was...

and Ryan Garcia with GoldenBoy isnt a bad thing imo. I dont like OScar but Canelo made it clear he doesn't like Ryan..

Garcia’s footwork needs a ton of work, Davis was dancing inside the whole night. Once you take away Garcia’s one trick pony hook, the inside is open and Davis was waiting for him to throw it and counter. Davis is legit, extremely patient while dodging Garcia’s jab advantage
Idk man I think Garcia is nowhere near Tank's level and its sad because for years they've been talking about Garcia and I never understood the hype. He's a decent boxer with a pretty face.. thats all. Nothing special. Devin haney is my dude to beat Gervonta Davis tho.. if anyone can its him

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and Ryan Garcia with GoldenBoy isnt a bad thing imo. I dont like OScar but Canelo made it clear he doesn't like Ryan..

Idk man I think Garcia is nowhere near Tank's level and its sad because for years they've been talking about Garcia and I never understood the hype. He's a decent boxer with a pretty face.. thats all. Nothing special.
And Julio Cesar Chavez already gave his nod of approval to Canelo. That speaks volumes, especially to Mexicans like me, not necessarily the ones on here south of the border (who circle jerk to video games and can't comprehend open borders). Pretty boy Garcia can't keep up with the pace Davis pushes. Not many can, he tore through one of the local pros near my gym in the U.K. I don't even want to get into the Teofimo Lopez fiasco, but I can see Devin Haney continuing to do lots of damage, he's solid.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
And Julio Cesar Chavez already gave his nod of approval to Canelo. That speaks volumes, especially to Mexicans like me, not necessarily the ones on here south of the border (who circle jerk to video games and can't comprehend open borders). Pretty boy Garcia can't keep up with the pace Davis pushes. Not many can, he tore through one of the local pros near my gym in the U.K. I don't even want to get into the Teofimo Lopez fiasco, but I can see Devin Haney continuing to do lots of damage, he's solid.
Despite Canelo's loss to Bivol, he's still one of the best boxers in the world imo. Teofimo Lopez is def not b ad but not top notch either. He'll have his ttime like Danny Garcia did but I think Garcia is even better than him.. Garcia has also fought better opponents than Lopez

Reactions: BMX

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I predicted davis would win on my social media garcia's career is not over their is a cuban boxer at 175 that's a problem though already has experience and is a US champ check him out.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Garcia is not bad by any means. He's no Jorge Linares (yet). Linares's fight with Devin Haney proved that while he's a little past his prime, he still has a lot to offer the LW division and world. I don't know what it is, but I can't bring myself to watch boxing on tv or online after deciding to leave the ring permanently. I've only recently started hitting the bag frequently at 35 to help get back to the shape I was in. And I'm viewing all of this from back in the U.S. now. Unlike in the U.K, it still never really took off here. I'm serious when I say over there, you'd be having these same conversations in person with good looking women in public, who are well aware of the boxing scene.