"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Gauging Interest

SmoothOperator

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I'm working on this girl I'm interested in, but I'm having trouble reading her. She may be giving signs one way or the other, but I'm pretty clueless with the opposite sex so I can't really tell if she's just being friendly or is actually interested.

I'll start by describing her. I don't see her with a lot of guys because she's not great looking, maybe 6.5-7, although I think she's cute. She's a lot of fun, too, and that's what got me interested in her.

I took her out to lunch and that may have incerased her interest and afterwards, she started playing with my camera phone and taking pictures of us together, but most people do that when they see my phone. She asked her friend for my AIM screen name and now she keeps alluding to us getting together more often, but friends do this, too. We were out dancing once and she danced with me a few times, but girls love to dance so I never knew what to make of that.

So tell me, guys. Am I stupid for questioning her interest, or am I stupid for thinking it's there?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Matt Man

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
BROOKLYN
Flame me if im wrong, but i think she has interest in you, go for it.
 

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
347
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Location
Somewhere in Europe
It seems like she is interested. ;)

Just make sure to gradually move along without stalling, so you two don't actually become close "friends". :cool:

Hehe.
 
Top