Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Game vs. fun time

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Hey I have a problem for which I'd like advice. I'm trying to be a self respecting challenge while at the same time not being rigid with my game. For example, I'll go out on first or second dates on weekends if the girl lives in a city an hour away from me or I'll reveal things about myself to keep the convo flowing and stimulating. I really dig Fingers' post about shattering the limits and not being attached to rules or girls.

Anyhow, I was on a 2nd date with this girl last night and she told me about how some mutual friends are performing at a festival next friday night and casually asked if I wanted to go. Without thinking I said sure, but then told her to keep me posted because I wasn't sure what I had going on that night.

She e-mailed me tonight talking about not getting the opportunity to take advantage of me last night (I kidded her about this last night when she was buying me drinks). In the next line she immediately suggested that we get together on Friday night and watch a movie and then go to this fest, if I still wanted to hang out with her. We got very physical before when we were watching a movie. Sounds all good right?

Well, the catch is that she is having a party on Saturday night that I am definitely going to. Also, even though last night was our second date, I've partied with her and a bunch of our friends for a couple weekends in between. I'm wary of being too available and showing her that I don't have dates on both important weekend nights. I know I've increased interest with her by showing value with other girls in her presence, so I'm not trying to sabotage my game.

The problem is that I don't want to be so committed to my game that I pass up a fun time. I really don't have anything else going on that Friday night. I've been trying to reach this other girl to go on a date on Thursday night. If I do, I'll decline for Friday because I'll be too tired from Thursday. But if I can't reach the other chick what do ya'll suggest? Game or potential fun on her terms?
Thanks!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
I think you can fit Thursday and Friday with both girls. Just get plenty of rest the night before.
 

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
My opinion: I wouldn't worry too much about rules. I don't think it matters what you do as long as the frame is right. You're not kissing ass, right? You're not supplicating, right? You're not being needy or desperate. Just have fun and enjoy it for what it is.
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm still tossing this around because challenge and mystery is working so well with her.

If I decide to see her on Friday night and then again at her party on Saturday night, I'll tell her that I'll let her have my attention this weekend because I'm booked solid for the 4th of July weekend.
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by AlwaysExcel
Thanks for the opinions guys. I'm still tossing this around because challenge and mystery is working so well with her.

If I decide to see her on Friday night and then again at her party on Saturday night, I'll tell her that I'll let her have my attention this weekend because I'm booked solid for the 4th of July weekend.
Are you changing your personality to be a challenge and be mysterious?

Originally posted by So Many Ways
My opinion: I wouldn't worry too much about rules. I don't think it matters what you do as long as the frame is right. You're not kissing ass, right? You're not supplicating, right? You're not being needy or desperate. Just have fun and enjoy it for what it is.
This is the best advice you will get.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
DJUofS, no I'm not changing my personality to be mysterious and challenging. I'm changing my behaviour, such as answering with a C&F reply when she asks what I do for work. Then when she keeps bringing it up, telling her that I'll answer seriously if she makes it to the 3rd date. It's all about being playful and teasing ie. FUN!

In that respect I am trying to change my personality. I'm trying to become more playful and less serious. I'm a very serious person and I find that this personality trait has a major downside that isn't entirely connected to women. Being too serious about life leads to becoming depressed and/or totally missing out on the magic of life.

Anyhow, I decided to go out with this girl on Friday. I didn't mention the 4th of July weekend but I told her that if she's lucky, maybe I'll let her take advantage of me.
 
Top