Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Game" of your parents and grandparents would not work today

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking about a story I heard about how my paternal grandparents met. During WW2 my grandfather went to a USO dance that was at a city he was stationed in and he met my grandmother there. I guess the story goes that he walked her home and memorized her phone number and address so that he could get in touch with her. At that time things were much simpler, people were most likely far more down to earth and friendlier to one another.

Now, reflecting upon that story and applying that to the dating market with today's younger women I feel that would be a total disaster. I have a very strong inclination that a young woman today would be creeped out by something like that. If she found out the guy memorized her phone number or where she lived he would be labelled a creepy stalker or a weirdo lol. This is why I think that many men have issues with today's women, because they hear stories like this from men of older generations but without taking into the context of those given time periods and the culture and behavior of the people then. Many young women today have already been with a couple dozen guys by the time they are in their mid 20s, do you think they are going to respond well to a well meaning approach like that?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even with our fathers generation, my father had to ask my mothers dad for permission to marry you. That sort of thing is unheard of today
It's unheard of because many young women are from households where there is or was no steady father figure. I feel many of the issues we are seeing are due to the deterioration of traditional family values.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's why there is no End Game. Similar to tech, it's always changing. I remember AOL and MySpace. Young blood won't remember but it was among the first big platforma. Does anyone know what a blackberry is anymore? Rooshv wrote about bang and poosy paradise in eastern Europe which 8s growing more westernized. Neil Strauss wrote about number close which is a joke.

I'm growing more set in my perspective that monogamy and marriage worked in once upon a time. Not in a digital Era. any ideas on how tech works and running a basic background check on a woman's digital footprint debunks the marriage shtick fast.

Today, need to bring more game then ever before despite the smp being a dumpster fire. it is evident that women follow whatever the culture is. Women from the 50s will be no better or worse than what the culture dictates. I'm saying, step up or step aside. it ain't getting easier.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now it's all about sending them money on cash app

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Rush Limbaugh said it best. "Feminists want everything to be equal. But when it comes to marriage, they want it to be like 1950."

I got this friend who immigrated from Saudi Arabia. He has a wife and four kids, 2 daughters 2 sons. His older daughter goes to University and follows all the customs, all the laws, all the rules. They want to get their family citizenship and stay forever. Yet, when to marriage and pregnancy, my friend told his daughter she HAS TO follow Saudi Arabian customs. No boyfriends, no trips, no dating.

Apparently, they are North American Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but Saudi Arabian Tuesday Thursday. Weekends are a toss up. :lol:

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grandparents?

When i started online dating 20 years ago, we read single-profiles (more often then not a full page of info and description of the person) wrote emails back and forth which had real content.

Today you see a picture, push a (1) button on your smartphone or swipe, if you match you text 3 smartass sentences back and forth on what sapp and off you go on your first date.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grandparents?

When i started online dating 20 years ago, we read single-profiles (more often then not a full page of info and description of the person) wrote emails back and forth which had real content.

Today you see a picture, push a (1) button on your smartphone or swipe, if you match you text 3 smartass sentences back and forth on what sapp and off you go on your first date.
Or a **** pic

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For Millennial (1982-1996) and now the early part of Gen Z (late 90s/early 2000s births) guys, the environment is far different than our parents and grandparents. I'll focus this more upon my experience as an early Millennial.

As an early Millennials, my parental generation was the Baby Boomers. When the Baby Boomers started dating in the mid to late 1960s, it was a transitionary period from more traditional values to more promiscuity. I'd say this transitionary went until about 1980. Even the 1980s and 1990s were better eras for dating than today, and the 1980s-1990s were not great either. However, someone who started dating in 1985-1990 can probably relate to the current era more easily than someone who started dating in 1965-1970 and eventually formed a long marriage in the 1970s.

My parents divorced in the 1990s. My parents' marriage was not all that great and outlasted its useful shelf life by many years. My mom's brother had a long marriage that started in the 1970s that has lasted until today. His 2 sons, my cousins, both got divorced. I think both of my cousins expected to replicate what my uncle and aunt had. My uncle was not able to properly prepare his sons for the dating environment of 2000-present. The amazing thing is that both of my cousins formed long term relationships leading to divorce in much less populated areas (think smaller towns and midsize metros) than the mega metros where I have spent my adult life. That gave them an advantage of not dealing with hypergamy and endless choice to the extent that I have. Even with the numerous advantages they both had, they both ended up divorced, likely due to unrealistic, blue pill expectations.

I'll probably add more thoughts later. Good topic.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's still a question of your SMV at the end of the day. That's never gonna change. Today if you walk a girl home then it already means she wants to have sex. Could your ancestor have immediately had sex with the girl he walked home from the dance decades ago? That's the real question. I like to think he could have, but logistics were in the way (her parents were home and she didn't want to appear "easy" maybe...).

Asian Ace

Reaction score
Dating apps changed everything. Tougher to cold approach if you are a 7 or below.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Game from just 10 years ago wouldn't work as well today. Social media and OLD were "game changers"....pun intended.

Women have the MIRAGE of more options than they really have in real life due to the mass attention they get from simps, betas and us guys just using them for sex.
Its not going to get any better.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys women still have vaginas and guys still have ****ks. Nature finds a way to reproduce. This in my opinion is overkill thinking. The same triggers that cause attraction have not changed
The point is that "game" today would be far more demanding of a man compared to in a past, at least in regards to certain parameters. Women in the 1950s or 1940s didn't demand a man be 6' plus, have broad shoulders, bit very fit, very handsome and be rich. Sure, they were attracted to those traits but the women in that day and age settled for men that they had access to, whom they found attractive and were normal/functional members of society. In today's world it's not uncommon to see women with outrageous standards, many of which they themselves don't even live up to. For instance, there was a thread on here a few weeks ago from a woman who would only date a very fit/muscle beach type man when she herself said she was out of shape lol. I've also seen evidence of this in the real world.

In my opinion, I feel what is different now compared to the past is simply this. Women did not have access to literally hundreds of men within the palm of their hand like those today with smartphones. Women are naturally very choosy but due to the current culture it has allowed this to go to a degree that is unhealthy and unrealistic. If you took a girl born in the 20s or 30s and brought her up in today's world she would behave in a similar fashion.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your grandpa was running beta game. Chads still existed in the old days, but they probably didn’t stick around long enough to tell you stories about how they met. I think the only difference was that beta game actually worked and led to a long lasting life together.
While your grandpa was walking your grandma home and writing love letters to her, 37,000 illegitimate children were being born to German mothers knocked up by American GI Chad

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The game of 5 years ago doesnt even work
I never read Neil Strauss' "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists", which came out in 2005 or "Mystery Method" in 2006. Are those outdated at this point?

I was thinking about a story I heard about how my paternal grandparents met. During WW2 my grandfather went to a USO dance that was at a city he was stationed in and he met my grandmother there. I guess the story goes that he walked her home and memorized her phone number and address so that he could get in touch with her. At that time things were much simpler, people were most likely far more down to earth and friendlier to one another.

Now, reflecting upon that story and applying that to the dating market with today's younger women I feel that would be a total disaster. I have a very strong inclination that a young woman today would be creeped out by something like that. If she found out the guy memorized her phone number or where she lived he would be labelled a creepy stalker or a weirdo lol. This is why I think that many men have issues with today's women, because they hear stories like this from men of older generations but without taking into the context of those given time periods and the culture and behavior of the people then. Many young women today have already been with a couple dozen guys by the time they are in their mid 20s, do you think they are going to respond well to a well meaning approach like that?
No one needs to memorize a phone number today. For many years, I carried my cell phone in a gym bag to take to fitness classes. On the regular gym floor, I have my cell phone in my pocket. I'm ready to pounce when the opportunity arises.

When I think about the biggest differences in game compared to the 1940s-first half of 1970s, I think it's now easier for elite men to rack up huge notch counts than in the past. However, for all levels of men, having extended relationships are more difficult. The bottom 80% of men have it worse now than ever because they're not getting the easier sex and it's also become less likely to have meaningful, extended relationships. Think about why more Millennials are in their mid-30s and pushing 40 without kids and without a stable relationship.

Your grandpa was running beta game. Chads still existed in the old days, but they probably didn’t stick around long enough to tell you stories about how they met. I think the only difference was that beta game actually worked and led to a long lasting life together.
While your grandpa was walking your grandma home and writing love letters to her, 37,000 illegitimate children were being born to German mothers knocked up by American GI Chad
Beta game worked in the 1940s-1960s, and still even a little bit into the 1970s. By the 1980s, it was fading. I entered the mating environment in the late 1990s and beta game was dead by then. I have a female acquaintance who still gets men on swipe apps to take her out for meal dates in restaurants before sex, which is astonishing to me since I learned not to do that in the early 2010s.

The point is that "game" today would be far more demanding of a man compared to in a past, at least in regards to certain parameters. Women in the 1950s or 1940s didn't demand a man be 6' plus, have broad shoulders, bit very fit, very handsome and be rich. Sure, they were attracted to those traits but the women in that day and age settled for men that they had access to, whom they found attractive and were normal/functional members of society. In today's world it's not uncommon to see women with outrageous standards, many of which they themselves don't even live up to. For instance, there was a thread on here a few weeks ago from a woman who would only date a very fit/muscle beach type man when she herself said she was out of shape lol. I've also seen evidence of this in the real world.

In my opinion, I feel what is different now compared to the past is simply this. Women did not have access to literally hundreds of men within the palm of their hand like those today with smartphones. Women are naturally very choosy but due to the current culture it has allowed this to go to a degree that is unhealthy and unrealistic. If you took a girl born in the 20s or 30s and brought her up in today's world she would behave in a similar fashion.
Women didn't start demanding men be 6'0"+ until they were getting their inboxes flooded on dating websites in the 2000s. Swipe apps in the 2010s took every bad thing from the website era of the 2000s and put it on steroids. Due to surpluses of men and horrid ratios on apps, women believe that they are entitled to a 6'0"+ man with broad shoulders, very fit, very handsome, and rich. I'm only 5'10" and I've felt women turn their noses up at me due to height, both behind swipe apps and with some in-person interactions. Guys under 6'0" are better served doing in-person pickup. If I'm 5'10" and I've felt height discrimination, I can only imagine how bad it is for a 5'6" or 5'7" guy.

Many women today have unrealistic standards relative to what they offer.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of the social problems we face today can be traced back to this for exampke Incels. A woman who lived in a small town didn't have a wide variety of men she could meet in the 1950s, so she settled and married one of the guys that charmed her. Today a small town girl has access to Chads from all across the globe that she could easly meet. So what is that small town guy supposed to? More men are born than women I believe the ratio is 107:100.

The incel problem we have is only going to get worse, what will happen to society when 80% of the men are single for life? Sex bots are the only thing that will fix this and undo the damage.