Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Game of Thrones

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This a SPOILER so don't read it if you don't wanna know

In the books I think a witch tells cersei she will marry the king, all her children will die before her, and her little brother will finally choke the life from her. Tyrion is the obvious thought but Jaime is also her little brother as she was born minutes before him. However, Jaime only has one hand and I'm pretty sure the prophecy talks about two hands around her neck. Be interesting to see what happens.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fear for Drogon in the final episode.
Ha! I'm fond of the dragons too. Because we've seen them raised from babies, I think. Oddly enough, I've never cared too much about dragons in other literature. Not even Smaug in The Hobbit, and I love Tolkien.
Drogon looked like a B-32 flying over the city last episode.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people didn't like the episode but I loved it. Shows what can happen in war and yes, innocent people are killed. Plus, it's GOT. What did people think? Dany and John would have the first dance at the Targaryan Ball after the victory? Hell no. Drogon is not a war criminal as he was following his commands. But, he's like having a WMD so we'll see how they handle that. Even if they were to kill Drogon, they'd have the Unsullied and Dothraki to contend with who were (also) very willing to kill anything in sight during that battle and very committed to Dany. The Unsulllied and Dothraki may protect Drogon if John Snow, Arya, and Tyrion try to kill him. I do think Dany will die somehow.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That episode kind of made me angry. You have all these men around who supposedly were seasoned generals. And yet the whole battle plan seemed to have been planned by a woman i e looked pretty and had plenty of drama but was essentially useless. You fight a numerically superior Enemy at a choke Point. You don't ride out with your pretty flaming swords on an open Battlefield to get slaughtered. There were half a dozen other stupidities. and don't get me started on that little girl killing the zombie King no matter what freaking training she had.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people didn't like the episode but I loved it.
I didn't like how they had Daenerys turn into evil mad super villain queen 100x worse than Cersei, when she had always been presented as a force for good (yes, yes, I know she has been cruel and ruthless, doesn't matter, she was still presented as a heroic figure). Ruined a good character for the benefit of a big ending IMO.

I'm hoping Drogon survives, I have no such hope for Dany, obviously.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good clôtures for certains characters.

I liked the finale, but it wasnt what i expected as "séries final" .

Technically, the épisode 5 should have been the "final" .. This one felt like a filler

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Good clôtures for certains characters.

I liked the finale, but it wasnt what i expected as "séries final" .

Technically, the épisode 5 should have been the "final" .. This one felt like a filler
Agreed.

Looks like they'll be some spin-off series.

Clever play by the producers.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worst episode of the season. Great if you have a hard on for the Starks, I guess.
Drogon was the best actor of the episode, and the smartest too, since he melted the Iron Throne.
They should have ended with episode 3 IMO.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked the finale. When 40M people watch a show, you cannot please everyone. Somewhat predictable but overall pretty solid. Felt bad for Drogon. Damn, I LOVED him throughout the years. Showrunners did a good job on showing his pain after his "mother" died. He actually let out a cry I thought. Flying away with her was well thought out and done. And John finally pet Ghost and even smiled upon their reunion.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And John finally pet Ghost and even smiled upon their reunion.
Lol, there were SO many people upset that Jon didn't pet Ghost when he left Winterfell, that was a major issue.

It was cool when Drogon got up after looking like a pile of rubble, but was just napping under the ash or snow or whatever it was. I loved all three of the dragons. I still think the ending sucked.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost interest in the show once the blonde chick stopped taking off her clothes.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never into the fantasy genre until game of thrones .Read somewhere sixty percent of viewers loved it that sounds about right.I just hate it when writers play it safe like they do in comedies :0

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GOT was simply the best TV drama series of all-time.

Look at Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, Google, etc. Obviously you cannot please everyone all the time and some will say I hated it, this show was better, yada yada. But, in terms of the masses and overall thoughts and ratings, GOT is #1 until "de-throned" by something else.

Game of Thrones has won 308 awards out of 596 nominations. No other show is even close.

I will agree that GOT Season 8 was a bit of a disappointment, mainly due to the rapid progression of characters and the feeling that showrunners D&D wanted to get the show over with to focus on other projects.

So here's how I rate GOT Season 8:

Cinematography/Art Direction: 9.5/10: Just Watch "The Long Night" and "The Bells" and anything with Drogon. GOT is the new gold standard.

Acting: 9.5/10: With Peter Dinklage being the best. Emilia Clark is fantastic as was Lena Heady, Sophie Turner, and Maisie Williams. Tier II would be Kit Harington and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Story-line: 5/10. This was the big disappointment. Not that the story-line was unbelievable, it was and hinted about throughout the series dating back to Season 1. BUT, the PACING of the story-line is what really sunk the rating here.

If you've never seen an episode of GOT, watch this 10-minute clip and you'll see why it's so engaging:

And if you liked it, watch this one:

~Dash~

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Story-line: 5/10. This was the big disappointment. Not that the story-line was unbelievable, it was and hinted about throughout the series dating back to Season 1. BUT, the PACING of the story-line is what really sunk the rating here.
While I agree the storyline was hinted at, I will quote a comment often used by those of us who hated the ending: Foreshadowing is not character development. I gave you a like because of that first video you posted, I love me some Drogon (and Viserion and Rhaegal).

Anyway, like you said, the acting was great, and the visuals were fantastic. The problem was in the writing. The execution was poor because once they ran out of George RR Martin novels to adapt, they started rushing the storyline. And apparently the showrunners wanted to finish the show so they could move on to other projects, like Star Wars. So they were very good at adapting material, but were not so great at writing it themselves.

GRRM had given them the outline of the ending, so I actually wonder how much of the ending is actually his fault. I have no doubt that he would have brought this stuff to a close in a much less awkward fashion. But there still remains the problem that the ending itself is unsatisfying. There is no real payoff to investing so many years in following this story, unless you're a huge fan of Bran or Sansa. I kind of doubt that GRRM specified that Arya kill the Night King, but most of the rest is likely his. His desire to create a "bittersweet ending" merely resulted in an unsatisfying one. IMO.

I agree Game of Thrones is probably the best television I have ever seen, or I would have said that up until this year. The rest of the story is so good, it's a shame that the ending just completely ruins it. For me, the ending ruins the whole series, it renders it all pointless. I'll still read the books if/when they come out. Hopefully GRRM will come up with something better. If not, well, no one is perfect.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loved the last episode. I knew she was going to have a meltdown and go scorched earth on everyone.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Loved the last episode. I knew she was going to have a meltdown and go scorched earth on everyone.
Another thing that irritated me, and this is especially true if you read the books: There are so many atrocities commited, and so many cruel, brutal, and murderous acts that go on so routinely in their medieval world. Cities are burned routinely. Nearly all the characters are murderers. Jon Snow and Theon both killed children.

But when Dany released the Fire and Blood on King's Landing, all of a sudden the sad music swells, we get the slow motion scenes of women and children suffering, and everyone looks appalled. It's like all of a sudden they threw a 21st century perspective on all the brutality going on and everyone is shocked. It's like the SJWs showed up. Besides which, when have the writers given me a single reason why I should give a sh!t about the people of King's Landing? Lousy writing.

If Cersei had done that (and she did earlier, on a smaller scale), no one would have blinked an eye. She'd just smile and go back to drinking her wine. You think Tyrion would plot her assassination if she had torched King's Landing? Unlikely - he'd try to help her escape.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for Theon, my recollection is that there was some dark music for that too, but it has been awhile and I would have to rewatch that episode.
Well, Theon was a villain at the time, so there could have been skme dark music. But Theon got a redemption arc. And you're right about Snow. I'm just saying all the characters have done some bloodthirsty things.