She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.
Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.
The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
The problem with young, inexperienced, and horny men who most likely have an scarcity mindset is the fact they think the bad things (that were warned by others) would never happen to them - until they do.As a man who has been in this situation, many, many, times.
One piece of advice.. - DO NOT DO IT
Of course people will tell you not to shiitt where you eat etc, but since you're going to do it anyway...Hello, guys. Hope you are doing good!
I have a new job and there are a lot of women around, most of whom - attractive. We are in the same office, but in different teams (pairs). I find 3 or 4 girls attractive and some of them have interest in me too. We have talked a little bit, mostly work-related stuff. At times I didn't feel and appear fully confident but I guess It's okay since It's a new environment and out of my comfort zone. I still have time to bound and build relationships.
What's the plan to gain status in the place and eventually date a girl from there? I would be thankful if anyone who had experience in similar situations share what they did right, what wrong etc. I would really like to build good connections and date a girl from there. Since we are in different teams, I don't think It would be a problem to our work if the relationship fails. (thinking way too ahead but ey..)
Amen to this. I couldn't have said it better.Public Service Announcement:
Everybody quit posting this 'holier than thou' crap about not trying to get with a girl he works with. @Barrister, you're cool, obv.
In every single thread, there's always that ONE guy who has to be all high and mighty and give us his philosophy about things.
Just answer the guy's question.
He asked how to go about proceeding with one of the lovely ladies he works with.
He didn't ask if it was a good idea. He asked for specifics on HOW to go about gaming one of them.
@crowolf Do what I advised you to do earlier in this thread.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
I have a similar situation right now.. I have stopped talking to her.. I see her around pretty much every day.. It's not easy, as some days she looks good, and I want to smash it.You don't mess with workplace women.
Because workplace romance only brings drama and severe consequences, especially in this time and age of crazy feminism and MeToo movement. And most of the times, if not all the times, the juice ain't worth the squeeze.
I'm talking as someone who got sexually involved with workplace romance before, and 100% regretted that I was.
It's as simple as that.
In some jobs, it can be ok to hit on co-workers (mainly service sector jobs like retail stores where typical lengths of employment are not long term). If you plan on any sort of longevity at the job, don't bother looking for sexual and romance options at the workplace. There's one exception in white collar, longer term career type work, as I'll detail below.You don't mess with workplace women.
Because workplace romance only brings drama and severe consequences, especially in this time and age of crazy feminism and MeToo movement. And most of the times, if not all the times, the juice ain't worth the squeeze.
I'm talking as someone who got sexually involved with workplace romance before, and 100% regretted that I was.
It's as simple as that.
Ye in this feminist time and freaking #metoo crap they will likely lie too about you done something bad which you never have done to your boss and authorities = You will lose your job and might also be arrested for all types of bat sh'it crazy crap.In white collar, If a man quits a job for another job and looking for sex, he is more likely to hit on female co-workers as he's walking out the door.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
I definitely wouldn't do that. Being friends with women you want to bang always works out badly.Get "friends" with them so you can turn their girl friend contacts (Not working at your job ofc), into plates and smash them instead if they're friends are hotties... That's what I would try to do if anything..
The point is that you do not want to bang them....I definitely wouldn't do that. Being friends with women you want to bang always works out badly.
I agree. Limit interaction to just acquaintance level, keeping open the possibility of a bang later.I definitely wouldn't do that. Being friends with women you want to bang always works out badly.
Game at work is trash. That's lazy and short sighted. I am not going to lie. I have at one point or another have but my game is not trash. Most guys have no game or its trash. You could be a outlier.Hello, guys. Hope you are doing good!
I have a new job and there are a lot of women around, most of whom - attractive. We are in the same office, but in different teams (pairs). I find 3 or 4 girls attractive and some of them have interest in me too. We have talked a little bit, mostly work-related stuff. At times I didn't feel and appear fully confident but I guess It's okay since It's a new environment and out of my comfort zone. I still have time to bound and build relationships.
What's the plan to gain status in the place and eventually date a girl from there? I would be thankful if anyone who had experience in similar situations share what they did right, what wrong etc. I would really like to build good connections and date a girl from there. Since we are in different teams, I don't think It would be a problem to our work if the relationship fails. (thinking way too ahead but ey..)
I agree that looking for romance at the workplace is lazy and short sighted. Let's look at why men would be inclined to do this. First, look at swipe apps now and websites in the 2000s/early 2010s. That avenue is quite difficult. Now, you'll get to do a lot of swiping and texting. Most men have a match percentage on their swipes that is a fraction of 1%. Then the number of matches that will respond to a message after a mutual match is a fraction of that. Then the women who will agree to a date and show for up that date is a fraction of that. The women who show up to a date and then that date results in sex is a fraction of that. A man might have to swipe on 500 women to get 2-3 "one date, no sex, no second date" type dates and maybe over 1,000 women to get sex. It might be less than 1,000 if he's willing to dumpster dive.Game at work is trash. That's lazy and short sighted. I am not going to lie. I have at one point or another have but my game is not trash. Most guys have no game or its trash. You could be a outlier.
If your sourcing relies on a warm approach on your workplace you likely need a better way forward. most guys rely on OLD or something else like work or social circle.
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.
Unless it's not a career path and it's not going to affect your long term prospects, it's not ideal. I don't disagree with you on sourcing. I over heard women today getting my morning coffee about some creepy guy trying to talk to her. I'm am convinced she's near 40 but with a ego of a newly 18yr old girl. no prize. This is what fellas are competing for.I agree that looking for romance at the workplace is lazy and short sighted. Let's look at why men would be inclined to do this. First, look at swipe apps now and websites in the 2000s/early 2010s. That avenue is quite difficult. Now, you'll get to do a lot of swiping and texting. Most men have a match percentage on their swipes that is a fraction of 1%. Then the number of matches that will respond to a message after a mutual match is a fraction of that. Then the women who will agree to a date and show for up that date is a fraction of that. The women who show up to a date and then that date results in sex is a fraction of that. A man might have to swipe on 500 women to get 2-3 "one date, no sex, no second date" type dates and maybe over 1,000 women to get sex. It might be less than 1,000 if he's willing to dumpster dive.
When you think of it like that, you can see why a guy might want to explore something with a woman when he gets some face time with her regularly and he's forced to work so he can pay his rent/mortgage or other bills. There's a perceived convenience as compared to swipe apps.
Cold approaching isn't much better than swipe apps. There are times where you'll be standing out on a walking path or the street for hours and might not get much of anything, like going fishing for 4-5 hours on a lake or in a river and not having many fish to show for it. The same thing can happen in the grocery store or the mall.
Doing things like participating in co-ed sports leagues are fairly time consuming. Going to fitness classes involves 45-60 minutes of class, and then 15-30 minutes of getting dress, ready, and driving to the gym/studio location for about 10 mins of a window of face time for approaching (5 mins before class, 5 mins after).
To approach women in a workplace, you don't have to do much else other than show up for work, which you do to pay your bills.
+1I wouldn't , its recipe for trouble later down the road. Specially talking to several at the workplace.
Gambino didn't you have have a fuked up situation with a worker recently.Been there done that. Absolutley don't do it. Don't sh1t where you eat. Don't date coworkers, period.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.