Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gaining Muscles but Gaining Weight (fat)?

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it a myth that when you go on a program of weight lifting you are also gaining alot of fat weight?

I want to start weight lifting but I also want to lose abit of my beer belly.

I'm not sure if I should burn off the fat first over the next few months and then start weight lifting after its all gone.

Or should I simply start weight lifting immediately with cardio added together.

Whats your advice on this Brothers.

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your first thing would be to make sure you sleep around 8 hours a night. Then restructure your diet (other guys here can be of help). Lower alcohol consumption. You can alternate, 3 days lift, 2 days cardio. Its gonna be a heavy load on your body. But you can just start lifting and then do cardio 1 day a week. I started swimming twice a week for cardio and lift around 1-3 days a week. it depends on how my school turns out.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This 8 hours of sleep per night thing is a myth. I've never done that my whole life. No reason to set yourself up to an attainable goal if that's not how you work. I used to do 5 in high school and I was just fine. Now I do about 6-7 on average, and I am not tired.

I can't do 8 every night. If i sleep longer I feel groggy and slow. If i have to get up at 7 on average, i'm not even tired until like 12:30am.

This is up there with the 8 glasses of water per day thing. That's a myth too. It was just stated in some magazine or whatever one day and everyone started repeating it but there has never been a real source that had any reason to recommend 8 a day... and "glass" isn't even a measurement.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a myth.

It's actually the opposite.. the more muscle mass you attain, the more calories you burn.

The most ripped dudes in the gym are not the ones who run on the treadmill all day. They are the ones who lift 3-5x a week and supplement it with maybe 10-15min of cardio on these days.

Of course eating healthy is the most important factor.

Sleep is important, but Ruckus is correct; some people don't need as much. I myself wake up after 6 hours of sleep unless I've had a long night of drinking. As long as you're not in the 3-4 hour range I think it's fine.