drumr2
Don Juan
OK, guys......how do I approach and deal with this issue head-on?
She says she's thinking of moving to another state, permanently, mainly for the fact that her home life is not the best right now. Now, granted that she's 33 and should have a home life of her own right now, but financially, she's been not so lucky lately, and therefore she's stuck living with her parents. She went to college in Hawaii, made lots of friends out there, and is now saying to me that she's been seriously thinking of going back.....without me of course.
I've been dating her for about 6 months now, and am getting rather attached to her. So, obviously, her saying this (even thought it's just speculation) has really hit me hard. What if she wits a year or so to do this? Am I just supposed to stay with her until she decides to say goodbye.....and get MY heart broken! As it is, I'll get heart broken NOW over losing her. She didn't sound too serious about doing it, but the fact that she can think into the future and not have it include me worries me the most.
How do I deal with this, and what do I say about the fact that I am bothered by this? I don't want to say that we have to break up now, even if she decides to leave later, 'cause that will make me seem like I'm wussing out. Besides, I would rather have and lose than to not have at all. Although, she may not go at all, and I'll look like an insecure fool for saying anything. However, I don't want to ignore this and let it hit me when she says she's leaving in a week.
What the hell do I do or say??!!! Anything? Should I pretend that it doens't even phase me? Would addressing it make me look needy or insecure?
Please help.....

She says she's thinking of moving to another state, permanently, mainly for the fact that her home life is not the best right now. Now, granted that she's 33 and should have a home life of her own right now, but financially, she's been not so lucky lately, and therefore she's stuck living with her parents. She went to college in Hawaii, made lots of friends out there, and is now saying to me that she's been seriously thinking of going back.....without me of course.
I've been dating her for about 6 months now, and am getting rather attached to her. So, obviously, her saying this (even thought it's just speculation) has really hit me hard. What if she wits a year or so to do this? Am I just supposed to stay with her until she decides to say goodbye.....and get MY heart broken! As it is, I'll get heart broken NOW over losing her. She didn't sound too serious about doing it, but the fact that she can think into the future and not have it include me worries me the most.
How do I deal with this, and what do I say about the fact that I am bothered by this? I don't want to say that we have to break up now, even if she decides to leave later, 'cause that will make me seem like I'm wussing out. Besides, I would rather have and lose than to not have at all. Although, she may not go at all, and I'll look like an insecure fool for saying anything. However, I don't want to ignore this and let it hit me when she says she's leaving in a week.
What the hell do I do or say??!!! Anything? Should I pretend that it doens't even phase me? Would addressing it make me look needy or insecure?
Please help.....