"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

FWB acting weird, but still talks to me...

thadder

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
14
I've been in an FWB with someone for about a month, and the sex has been fantastic.

There's been cuddling on her couch, passionate kisses and hugs before I leave, sometimes long hugs where she exhales. Tells me she loves kissing me, and loves the affection shown to her.

She's been out of a 4 year relationship where she got burned pretty bad, and cheated on, so I understand the fragility.

She's said to me that I've been nice to her and affectionate. She seems to reciprocate back. Any who, the last week or so, she's Snapchatted me a few times, views my stories (usually first story viewer) on Instagram, but is few and far with her texts. If I try to go a day without texting her, she'll generally text me. Figuring that she might be trying to ghost me, I decided to not text her yesterday until 11:30 when she texted me a photo of two people passionately kissing (pertaining to the work I do, my job is a photographer) and didn't explain further about the photo (uncertain) -- she still sends me songs to listen to randomly.

Though it seems like when I talk to her, she tends to get a bit silent, we've had some really deep and great conversations, but she seems hesitant. She's told me countless times, not to catch feelings because she won't reciprocate them back, and at times very randomly during conversations when we start to talk about similar hobbies...

Couple red flags, no sex in about 11 days (best week was 3 nights in a row with her), has stopped the provocative snapchats, doesn't reply back instantly. Considering cutting my loses on this one and bowing out or wondering if this is indeed some kind of test to see if I'll get too clingy.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
637
Reaction score
241
Location
Melbourne
Maybe just ask her what's up?

She might have gotten another plate or back talking to the ex.

If she doesn't respond then cut loose

FYI for all my FWB, the more I slept with them, the less I initiated convo next time, it got to the point where they did 90% of the work after we slept together 2-3 times

Another FYI: Seeing a girl 3 days in a week is way too much unless your in a relationship.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
She's a FWB and you're trying to figure out what's up? So your catching feelings for her?

FWBs are what they are. You can't control their intensity or frequency, unless you want to 'talk' about issues you think you see - and that's not a casual FWB, that's wandering into relationship territory.

Just ride it out and see what happens. FWB come and FWB go.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Yeah three 3 days 1 chick is too much, I'm assuming you're not seeing anyone else, someone was bound to catch feels like that. Maybe she found something new and shiny with less emotion, maybe she's just not ready for something serious like she said. I would leave her and look for others.
 

Soflobro#3

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
722
Reaction score
263
Age
31
She's a FWB and you're trying to figure out what's up? So your catching feelings for her?

FWBs are what they are. You can't control their intensity or frequency, unless you want to 'talk' about issues you think you see - and that's not a casual FWB, that's wandering into relationship territory.

Just ride it out and see what happens. FWB come and FWB go.
This. Like sazc said women who have fwb situations aren't worthy of meaningful relationships.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
This. Like sazc said women who have fwb situations aren't worthy of meaningful relationships.
Lol, I didn't say that, you did.

But I do think the op has caught the feels.
 

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
1,018
She's told me countless times, not to catch feelings because she won't reciprocate them back
When a women talks to you like this, that means she knows you don't have anything else going on besides her. She can smell it on you
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
When a women talks to you like this, that means she knows you don't have anything else going on besides her. She can smell it on you
Or she's only in it for the physical aspect and she's not interested, or seeing, long term potential
 

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
1,018
Or she's only in it for the physical aspect and she's not interested, or seeing, long term potential
Thats my point exactly tho, when a woman just wants the physical aspect, she doesnt want you texting her everyday and having long drawn out conversations as if you dont have any options. Fwb don't want to talk and all that extra stuff, it makes you seem annoying to them and they go cold if you can't control yourself
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Typically between 4-6 weeks is where the woman makes a decision to either continue or leave before she develops really strong attachments.

If she doesn't see this going anywhere it might be that time for you...
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

thadder

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
14
You're finished, sir. "Nice" is woman-ese for weak. You're the booty call because she knows she can do better.
Actually this was after sex she said it, saying that men were trash but I was one of the nice ones... and we still smashed a handful of times after that.
 

thadder

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
14
She was at least ethical enough to outright tell you not to catch feelings lol, she's f****** other men including her ex.
Know that she’s definitely not taking to her ex because of the way he treated her, he burned her bad.

As for other guys, maybe?

For all I know it could be a test to see if I’m super clingy

She has said sex stopped with previous guys when they started to get clingy
 

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,415
Reaction score
4,800
Location
Mexico
Sounds like a plate that may or may not drop but why do you care? You should be busy with cool hobbies, improving yourself and spinning more plates.
 

thadder

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
14
Sounds like a plate that may or may not drop but why do you care? You should be busy with cool hobbies, improving yourself and spinning more plates.
I tend to keep an eye on things and make sure things are in check, not obsessive or clingy but rather judging things so that if it comes to it I can quietly exit/disappear/deattach.

My assumption is that this girl thought she was getting too close for comfort, I was reminded that women say and do differently. So she may say she wants hook ups only but I guarantee you from the plenty of times we’ve been together, there have been some pivotal moments where I know she feels something.

But yes I’m still going about my life and doing the things I like, playing it cool and even backing off with communication. Because two can play that game, I have no problem disappearing too, it’ll be her that’ll be missing out on the passionate kisses.

She definitely wants to find herself and claim her womanhood, freedom, and I get it, in my head 4 years doesn’t seem like a long time but I struggle with the inner desire to be adored and wanted 24/7, and I think I’ve done a decent job at it.

Now we wait and see
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top