"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Fvck Getting numbers

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by freedom_fighter777
After getting hundreds of phone numbers....
Why are they giving you their numbers - are you threatening them and giving them an ultimatum with a knife at their throats?? If no positive responses after "hundreds" of numbers then I say you need to qualify them without a knife to their throats and let them respond solely on their own interest!!!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
11
Age
47
Location
Portland, Oregon
FreedomFighter, the problem you are having here is only tangentially related to getting phone numbers. I'll try to help you see it another way. Forget for a second about whether you get her phone number. Think instead about the quality of the interaction. As DeepBlue would say, it's not getting her phone number but having her anxiously await your call that counts.

Many guys get caught in the trap of thinking that BECAUSE a woman gave them her phone number that she MUST be interested. As your own experience has demonstrated, nothing can be further from the truth. Often the woman is not particularly interested but when you ask for her phone number she finds it much easier to give you her number and flake later than to endure the discomfort of not appearing to be a nice person at that moment. Guys will often get mad at women because of this or view this behavior as deceptive but I see it as human nature to be prone to reacting this way in an uncomfortable situation. I think MOST people want to appear nice, friendly and agreeable even when another person clearly has something different in mind than them.

So with all this in mind, FreedomFighter, I would encourage you to take the phone number issue out of your evaluation for a moment and think about issues such as attraction, rapport, body language, frame setting, conversation and examine what is going on in THOSE areas.

There actually are some other logistical issues about phone numbers which are perfectly valid but my first take is to think that what I wrote above is closer to the problem you are having right now.

-PDX
 

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
8
It's a part of their game to see tease you.Calling them is something you gotta do.
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Sometimes girls just give you the number cause they are just curious on what u gona do with it, see your intentions, see if you're gona call for something, or send an sms. It isnt interest everytime.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Don't forget that they'll give you a number (real or fake) just to get rid of you. Some girls just can't say "no."
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
9
Location
WA
Originally posted by freedom_fighter777
After getting hundreds of phone numbers and having nothing come out of it I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't work. I'll get the classic "Uh, Can I call you back?" Or they won't pick up etc. I'm urging everyone on this board to follow me and ditch this old worn out method. If your going to give her your number just let her call its the only way you can tell if she's interested. Post your thoughts.
It sounds like you're exaggerating...I doubt you've gotten "hundreds of phone numbers." In fact, I doubt that you've gotten more than a few phone numbers!

Either way, your way of thinking is off. Rather than getting pissed off and worrying about who should give who the phone number, you need to be thinking about what mistakes you're making. Obviously, if you've really gotten hundreds of numbers with no avail, then there's a serious error in your approach, mannerisms, etc...
 

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
9
Location
WA
Re: Re: Fvck Getting numbers

It sounds like you're exaggerating...I doubt you've gotten "hundreds of phone numbers." In fact, I doubt that you've gotten more than a few phone numbers!

Either way, your way of thinking is off. Rather than getting pissed off and worrying about who should give who the phone number, you need to be thinking about what mistakes you're making. Clearly, if you've really gotten hundreds of numbers with no avail, then there's a serious error in your approach, mannerisms, etc...
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
I've recently encountered a new tactic: I met this girl at a bar, got some good convo going with her, and asked her for her number. She gave it to me, and I entered it into my cell.

Then she asked me for mine. Turns out, she gave me a bum number - it was off by one digit. How I know this is that she then phoned me 4 days later and lo and behold, she was phoning from a number with one different digit.

I guess she was screening me or something, I didn't bother calling her on it, and didn't bother going out with her because I found her to be a little insulting, even in our first conversation over the phone, so I can only imagine what she'd be like after a few dates.
 

smooth666

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
....and I entered it into my cell.

That is what I am doing. Do not write down her number but save it in your cell phone. Tell her you send her your number by calling her cell phone (it will be on her display). Then you will know if the number is fake.

... she might ignore your calls anyway....
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you get a girl's number and you call but she doesn't answer, or won't agree to a date, or f**ks around with you, it's because you didn't make an impression with her, but you're keeping your options open.

How many times have you gotten a girl's number but never called her? How many times has some girl who was into you called you, but you let your phone ring? She's swearing at the phone too. The truth is it's not the phone's fault. It's that you didn't make enough of a connection with this girl for her to take the time to respond to your phonecall.

It may not be your fault.

-She may have a boyfriend and may have given her number out to inspire jealousy, or because he'd been ticking her off lately.

-She may have met someone more interesting

etc

Just live and learn.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by christz
quick thing about phones and conversation.

obvoiusly if you got the # from the girl she's intrested.


Not so, if:


1) You got a fake number.

2) She gave it to you just to get you to go away.




Happens all the time. No need to get worked up over it, though - you will only be devastated/crushed if you don't kill your desperation, or are too sensitive. ;)
 

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
In my lifetime, i have NEVER witnessed a girl say "No" when asked for a number... yet i know plenty of people (including myself) who get the good old "Can i call you right back?"

Words..they are nothing...
 
Top