"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Funny Story... A Girl From the Past

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
1996. I'm a teaching assistant in a high school computer class as an elective my senior year. Since my teacher knew squat about computers, I basically taught the class. It was filled with mostly sophomores. One of those sophomores was a girl named Christy. She was always extremely nice and extremely shy around me. I never really paid much attention (I had a girlfriend at the time) to her.

Fast forward to the end of last year. I transfer to a better, higher paying job in a different department in my company. My boss's secretary asks me if I went to high school with her daughter, Christy. And, of course, I did. Turns out, Christy works in that department, too. Small world.

She's talked to me a few times, and I always got a weird vibe from her... a sort of nervousness that usually accompanies girls when they are attracted yet intimidated by you.

So today I'm in the elevator alone with her and she's asking me all kinds of questions, trying to get me to talk. I talk to her briefly, and this time I get that same vibe except VERY strong. It makes me really wonder what's up.

Luckily, I'm friends with someone she's also good friends with. And without trying to revert completely back to junior high, I sent an email to my friend, basically saying, "Hey, don't read too much into this, but is Christy still single?"

She sends an email back asking, "Are you asking for yourself?"

I said, "I'm just curious. Do I have to be asking FOR anyone? You know how I feel about everyone I work with. I hate you all! j/k"

She responds, "Not at all." As in, I don't have to be asking FOR anyone. But she still dodges the question.

So I went over to her office and said, "Hey, I noticed you keep dancing around my question. What the hell."

She kind of laughs a little and pulls up her email and brings up an email Christy sent her a while ago. It's talking about Christy's ex, who hurt her really bad and blah blah blah.

Christy's ex was named Tracy. A girl named Tracy.

She says, "Does that answer your question?"

Oops. I guess that explains the weird vibe.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

ToP DoN

Banned
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
San Francisco
Listen up

Christy and you in an elevator

C: hi Gio
G: hey biatch i heard u are a dike....well not anymore....come over to my place tonight and svck me off
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Re: Listen up

Originally posted by ToP DoN
Christy and you in an elevator

C: hi Gio
G: hey biatch i heard u are a dike....well not anymore....come over to my place tonight and svck me off
wtf?
 

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
1,041
Reaction score
7
Maybe you're a lesbian trapped in a man's body. :D
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by prosemont
Maybe you're a lesbian trapped in a man's body. :D
I bet that's what it is... I AM very mannish.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Re: Listen up

Originally posted by ToP DoN
Christy and you in an elevator

C: hi Gio
G: hey biatch i heard u are a dike....well not anymore....come over to my place tonight and svck me off
There is no way in hell you're 25. :rolleyes:
 

MacAvoy

Banned
Joined
May 10, 2003
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
35
Location
Northern Ontario
Originally posted by thissucks003
Maybe she's Bi-sexual?
I agree, just because she had a g/f in the past doesn't mean she is a man hating lesbian. The g/f in the past may have been just a phase she went through. Just be cautious, especially considering she's your boss's daughter.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by MacAvoy
I agree, just because she had a g/f in the past doesn't mean she is a man hating lesbian. The g/f in the past may have been just a phase she went through. Just be cautious, especially considering she's your boss's daughter.
She's my boss's SECRETARY's daughter, not my boss's daughter. Still, I'm not super keen on dating girls that I work with.
 
Top