Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

fuking covers at bars

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHY o WHY am I forced to pay a cover for a damn bar?! Its not a club, its a bar...where have all the normal bars gone, the free entrance, drink all you want ones????????? WHERE I ASK YOU?? I'm in nyc btw, so i really wouuld like some places.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
WHY o WHY am I forced to pay a cover for a damn bar?! Its not a club, its a bar...where have all the normal bars gone, the free entrance, drink all you want ones????????? WHERE I ASK YOU?? I'm in nyc btw, so i really wouuld like some places.

Get there before 10pm and you won't have that problem

PIMP

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you're paying a premium to get in. It's a business.

Sometimes bars have a DJ that requires a percentage of the door - or a partnership arrangement. If the DJ or promoters are heavy, they'll want a bigger cut - hence the additional cost.

Covers also help keep the sausage ratio down. By forcing guys to pay more, their cost of entry goes up compared to women. It's actually better for you. A high sausage ratio typically makes women highly defensive and incapable of relaxing and being picked up on. The more women there, the more relaxed they are, and the better your chances for getting laid are.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, you'd be best going to a club that only lets ladies in free. If more guys have to pay, you're more likely to have a 50/50 ratio. I hear guys in line getting pissed because girls get to walk right up to the front and get in. But wtf do these dudes want??? Don't they want to go a club where more girls are getting in?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree blackbelt, charging a cover at a bar is just plain old tacky.

That happened to a bar near my house, a nice trick I like to use is just tell
the guy at the door..

"ah, man, I just have cards on me" They usually just say, "don't worry about it" and then I walk in.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been to NYC, so I can't give you any suggestions on places. But I will tell you to look around. Surely there's got to be some. It's a big place with a lot of people.

I live around STL and I can tell you that some places have them while others don't. I'll even tell you that the places that have them aren't always better, or that's my experience anyway.

Are you willing to travel half-an-hour or 45 minutes? If you are then there should be a lot of options. In STL anyway, I've discovered that you always have to drive quite a ways, but then again I live in a sleepy bedroom community.