Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Frustrations of club game

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's pretty well understood that nightclubs aren't really a great place for meeting women lol. As you mentioned, most women are there to drink with their friends and have a good time, not to meet men. The overall environment and atmosphere is just not conducive to interacting with women. Some obvious variables are how loud and crowded most of these venues are, which makes even basic conversation incredibly difficult. Most women aren't there by themselves and have at least another person else accompanying them, though they often are in groups that are pretty good sized. It's very likely that someone else in the group will thwart your efforts, why they do this I really don't fully understand. Then you need to factor in the sheer amount of social skill/confidence it would take in order to approach a large group of people by yourself, this is not at all an easy feat and more often than not will turn out well. Then when you factor all of this out you need to actually get the women's attention and get her to like you lol, which is an entirely different issue in itself.

Overall, nightlife "game" is incredibly difficult and will have a very low success rate for men overall. I'd also add that if a man does not have a lot of experience or is trying to build up his confidence with approaching women that this is not at all a good place. It wouldn't be unusual to have really rough rejections in an environment like this, either from the woman herself or her entourage. I'd honestly say that for an inexperienced man that is developing his confidence this could honestly be more detrimental than anything. It's one of those scenarios that is quite honestly completely unrealistic, "how do I approach this attractive woman at a restaurant when she is there with 10 other people?". The answer, you don't lol because there is zero opportunity for you to do so.
They are if you are the DJ.

Best part is, they do all the work to meet you haha

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

If you are a guy doing occasional nightclub game ya you are not going to have much success unless you are handsome enough that girls approach you.

You can still practice approaching and conversation skills but night game is more caveman game. Meaning: You need to have a compelling look and or presence, you need to be very direct and succinct in communication, you need to have a sexy vibe or a social ease about you (preferably both) so that your advances are rewarded.

If you don’t have the guts to go tell a girl to do something in a command form “I want you to kiss me”…”Come dance”….hand her your phone & say “Put your contacts in….” Or something even more bold, then yeah, you’re going to founder in the nightclubs.

To do the above you MUST learn to read people well. Interest signals are subtle & if you miss them you’ll be just throwing mud on the wall to see what sticks.

One way to get experienced in the nightclub game is go and become a regular. Become part of the “cool” people who go there. There will be women who go frequently, I was one. Yes I had the advantage of being female and hot (granted a big advantage) but I knew all the other cool people who circulated around (who were not all great looking although many were)….and I knew the staff and the bartenders and the owners. Then you’re pre-vetted and people will talk to you if you are a regular. That’s true anywhere and once you establish that it has some transferable qualities if you change areas or go visit elsewhere.

The best clubs are kind of like the pro venues in nightlife. You need to know how to navigate the environment. Stumbling around blindly approaching like a bunch of school boys doesn’t yield results. Knowing how to operate in the club will get you consistent results. But people need to be curious about you; you need to stand out in some way.

But if you really can’t stand the venue? That will be reflected in your vibe, and that will put girls off.
Tip from a former 10 year nightclub DJ...if you want to pick up women, stand at the bar, wait for women to come get drinks and get hit on by some lame dude then crack a joke about how "that didn't go so well" or how "lame that attempt was"...one of the best ice breakers there is. Knew a guy who literally did that every night he came and almost always left with a hottie well before the club closed.

Another is to "get in" with the promoter or the DJ. Being seen with either of them gives you a boost in status and will often get you invited to after hour parties where the real work is done.

Although I have little respect for DJs these days that let laptops do their job for them. If they aren't mixing on their own, I don't respect it...literally anyone can do what they are doing. Press a button and the laptop does it all for you. Clowns.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t want to sound black-pilled but there’s some realities to face here. From Sweden I have the experience that club game consists of:
  • Youngsters being tired/drunk/etc.
  • People nurturing social circles/status
  • Males out-numbering is common
  • Girl groups just want to dance and sing-along
  • A HB is approached by plenty, nothing is of interest. A far is someone taking it cool (such as me), she finds it enticing, smiles. If that person approaches he’s like the rest and she will reject. She won’t approach. So nothing happens. She goes home, perhaps wonders who that guy was.
  • ****-block by ugly friend is standard. Her friend is having a conversation with someone (me) and ugly pulls her away. It’s rude, destructive and dumb.
  • Girls running around like confused chickens
On the upside, there’s the rare girls that appreciate and have the capability to relate to men, they get landed quickly.

Aside, those who succeed, in contrast got keys.
OP you're 38, you should be meeting chicks at social circles or Day parties at least the lights are on and their already in bikinis lol

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tip from a former 10 year nightclub DJ...if you want to pick up women, stand at the bar, wait for women to come get drinks and get hit on by some lame dude then crack a joke about how "that didn't go so well" or how "lame that attempt was"...one of the best ice breakers there is. Knew a guy who literally did that every night he came and almost always left with a hottie well before the club closed.

Another is to "get in" with the promoter or the DJ. Being seen with either of them gives you a boost in status and will often get you invited to after hour parties where the real work is done.

Although I have little respect for DJs these days that let laptops do their job for them. If they aren't mixing on their own, I don't respect it...literally anyone can do what they are doing. Press a button and the laptop does it all for you. Clowns.
This is the dumbest **** I've read on here in a while lol. Why would a grown man try to go out of his way to get close with nightclub promoters and those that work in this setting? From what I've seen, these people are legitimately sketchy AF, one VERY popular nightclub in my area got shut down for "renovations" but later was revealed that they were running a drug trading operation from it. If they aren't sketchy they are definitely fake douchebag types, what man wants to hang out with people like this? Also, if you are even just a few years past college age it's just super cringey and weird, you should have other priorities in your life. Lastly, most of the women you'd be meeting in an environment like this are not something you should want around, the term "club rats" exists for a reason.

I don't think there is anything wrong with hitting up the club and all that but making a lifestyle out of it or social circle based around it is not a good thing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I can imagine both of those approaches leading to either arranging first dates and/or sex.

Why would a grown man try to go out of his way to get close with nightclub promoters and those that work in this setting?
For the opportunity to have sex with physically attractive women.

From what I've seen, these people are legitimately sketchy AF, one VERY popular nightclub in my area got shut down for "renovations" but later was revealed that they were running a drug trading operation from it. If they aren't sketchy they are definitely fake douchebag types, what man wants to hang out with people like this?
It is true that there are many sketchy men in the nightlife scene. If you have good people skills and can become friendly on some level with some nightlife guys, it can help your status. Remember that game is a combination of looks, money, status, and charisma. Doing this can help with status and create a situational alpha type effect.

Also, if you are even just a few years past college age it's just super cringey and weird, you should have other priorities in your life. Lastly, most of the women you'd be meeting in an environment like this are not something you should want around, the term "club rats" exists for a reason.

I don't think there is anything wrong with hitting up the club and all that but making a lifestyle out of it or social circle based around it is not a good thing.
From ages 18-28/29, I was a mostly nightlife guy. This was the combination of night time random apartment complex parties in college (a good precursor to nightlife environments) and then later nightlife venues. By my early 20s, I had heard of guys going to yoga classes to meet women so I knew about daygame. I didn't know how to implement it. It wasn't until reading Roosh's "Day Bang" soon after its 2011 release that I learned how to effectively arrange dates during the day and not have to deal with the downsides of all nightlife venues, both loud nightclubs and standard bars.

I wish I had learned an effective non-bar approaching system earlier in life. I would have focused more on extracurricular campus activities for finding dates while in college and would have done my 20s differently.

Nightlife is very competitive and difficult to master. In my lifetime, only online dating websites and swipe apps have been more difficult environments than nightlife. Choosing swipe apps and nightlife venues as the primary ways to meet women usually results in bad experiences for most men. Most men end up using one of those 2 methods for meeting women if they don't have a social circle.

There are a lot of negative elements of daygame. I've made many of those comments on daygame threads here. I have found daygame preferable to my time as a primarily nightlife guy. I wanted out of the nightlife environment a lot earlier than I got out of it.

Also, you don't need to go to "nightclubs" for "club rats". There are also "bar rats" at bars that don't feature a dance floor or very loud music.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is the dumbest **** I've read on here in a while lol. Why would a grown man try to go out of his way to get close with nightclub promoters and those that work in this setting? From what I've seen, these people are legitimately sketchy AF, one VERY popular nightclub in my area got shut down for "renovations" but later was revealed that they were running a drug trading operation from it. If they aren't sketchy they are definitely fake douchebag types, what man wants to hang out with people like this? Also, if you are even just a few years past college age it's just super cringey and weird, you should have other priorities in your life. Lastly, most of the women you'd be meeting in an environment like this are not something you should want around, the term "club rats" exists for a reason.

It happened all the time, trust me. Many of the club goers were just as sketchy. Water finds its own level. Plus, they didn't really "hang around" with them, they just became friendly with him as a way to get invited to the after parties for access to women and drugs. Some of the sh!t I saw at those parties made me do double takes.

Newsflash, almost all clubs are fronts for some sort of illegal activity. Drugs, money laundering, trafficking, sex rings, etc

I had a friend who DJ'd at a popular club where I was at that was owned by the Russian Mob who used to run a car theft ring. Used to steal cars from the area and send them to NJ to be chopped up.

Ehh, it depends. Not sure the type of clubs you used to go to but there were plenty of hot women there who had their sh!t together at the various clubs I worked at. Doctors, lawyers, Vice Presidents, high level managers, marketing reps, etc. Obviously also the types you described as well. Any good club will have a mix of people from all different backgrounds.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure the type of clubs you used to go to but there were plenty of hot women there who had their sh!t together at the various clubs I worked at. Doctors, lawyers, Vice Presidents, high level managers, marketing reps, etc.
A lot of the women in occupations you mention might have their shiit together on a personal level. There's a difference in value in the sense of "personal value" and "romantic relationship value".

Female doctors, lawyers, and mid to upper level female business managers/executives have personal value. They have impressive career value but most of those women have essentially no romantic relationship value. Why? Men don't care about a woman's career accomplishments. These women's career achievements are at best neutral. In most cases, the time and personal traits required to be successful in a lot of those careers detract from a woman's ability to be a good girlfriend/wife and display the feminine characteristics most attractive in a romantic relationship.

You mentioned marketing reps. That's the only occupation you mentioned where the women might be dateable. I'll discuss women in marketing and sales in a moment, because a lot of women are in marketing and sales, and marketing and sales are related roles.

A woman working in a lower level, individual contributor, non-supervisory marketing role is much more likely to be dateable. She has more "romantic relationship value" but less "personal value". There are some other factors involved, but based on her job alone, she's likely to be more dateable. Why? She's often not overly career focused and can retain some level of femininity while earning enough money to live comfortably in a one bedroom apartment or share an apartment/rental house with a female roommate. In marketing, the lower level employees that are worrisome are the under 27-28 ones who strive to be managers in their 30s. Often, they will be more like the middle or upper managers, but still more dateable. It's best if a woman takes her marketing role only seriously enough not to get fired. The firing consideration is relevant in marketing, because marketing roles are layoff prone. When organizations do cutbacks, they do their best not to lay off women, so White men in marketing roles are the most at risk for a layoff. Women working in marketing do have to do just enough to get by when layoffs happen.

Female sales reps have similar working conditions to those in marketing, but slightly different considerations. Women in non-supervisory sales rep roles can either be ball busting go-getters who are overly focused on making and exceeding quota or women who do the bare minimum to avoid getting fired. A lot of the "romantic relationship value" of women in sales roles depends upon the product they are selling, the market demand for the product, and the marketing infrastructure of their organization in supporting the sales reps. The woman who is less ambitious and does the minimum to avoid getting fired is more likely to be dateable, with more "romantic relationship value" but less "personal value". She's more likely to possess feminine, attractive characteristics. Likewise, a non-supervisory sales rep who isn't too ambitious is still likely to be able to afford her own place or a place with a female roommate. It's best if the female sales rep works in an organization where the sales function is well supported by marketing operations. If a sales rep works in an environment with a terrible marketing infrastructure, she's far more likely to have higher stress levels and her work-related stress will likely destroy the interaction. Female sales reps do have to be concerned about their quotas because missing quota too much can mean getting laid off. For sales reps, performance metrics are more straightforward and less subjective than a lot of the metrics that define quality performance in marketing related roles.

Women in these various occupations can be met through either nightlife venues, non-bar venues, or on swipe apps. Certain female occupations are more likely to be on swipe apps than encountered in the real world. A typical man is far more likely to interact with a female lawyer on a swipe app than he would through real life methods of meeting women. That's true for meeting most women with high "personal value" in their career achievements, but lower "romantic relationship value".

Having less responsibility at work does make it easier to be a "bar rat" or "club rat" type. Most women with white collar jobs, even ones with limited responsibility, aren't able to be out at 11 PM on a Tuesday at nightlife venues fielding approaches. The women who can go out at 11 PM on Tuesday and field approaches are more likely to be working either a non-typical white collar job or some sort of non-white collar job.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It happened all the time, trust me. Many of the club goers were just as sketchy. Water finds its own level. Plus, they didn't really "hang around" with them, they just became friendly with him as a way to get invited to the after parties for access to women and drugs. Some of the sh!t I saw at those parties made me do double takes.

Newsflash, almost all clubs are fronts for some sort of illegal activity. Drugs, money laundering, trafficking, sex rings, etc

I had a friend who DJ'd at a popular club where I was at that was owned by the Russian Mob who used to run a car theft ring. Used to steal cars from the area and send them to NJ to be chopped up.

Ehh, it depends. Not sure the type of clubs you used to go to but there were plenty of hot women there who had their sh!t together at the various clubs I worked at. Doctors, lawyers, Vice Presidents, high level managers, marketing reps, etc. Obviously also the types you described as well. Any good club will have a mix of people from all different backgrounds.
That's what I was getting at, with clubs being fronts for other shady stuff going on behind the scenes. I also agree with your post about the access to drugs and women, this is stuff I've seen and heard of from those who were friendly with the nightlife scene. None of this is news to me btw, though I'm sure some places are far worse than others.

I just don't see a reason to encourage a man to try to fit in with this type of a scene. Why would you want to associate with people on this wavelength in any form? As I mentioned, I feel that past a certain age the a man should be past the nightlife scene. It's honestly kind of cringey if you are in your 30s or older and hitting up the club regularly. A man should have other priorities in life and I just don't see how becoming a part of this scene provides any real value or productivity to your life.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve personally seen the open @BackInTheGame78 cites. It’s been thrown at me a number of times, lol. It works because it’s low key, natural & conversational. It also gives off an “I get it” energy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's what I was getting at, with clubs being fronts for other shady stuff going on behind the scenes. I also agree with your post about the access to drugs and women, this is stuff I've seen and heard of from those who were friendly with the nightlife scene. None of this is news to me btw, though I'm sure some places are far worse than others.

I just don't see a reason to encourage a man to try to fit in with this type of a scene. Why would you want to associate with people on this wavelength in any form? As I mentioned, I feel that past a certain age the a man should be past the nightlife scene. It's honestly kind of cringey if you are in your 30s or older and hitting up the club regularly. A man should have other priorities in life and I just don't see how becoming a part of this scene provides any real value or productivity to your life.
The post is specifically talking about someone frustrated with club game. I am giving suggestions as to what will actually work.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I’ve personally seen the open @BackInTheGame78 cites. It’s been thrown at me a number of times, lol. It works because it’s low key, natural & conversational. It also gives off an “I get it” energy.
I always found it interesting with the hot girls with boyfriends who were there with them that would disappear to come up and try and set something up with me after I was off that night. Or try to give me a BJ while I was working... I felt bad for the dudes because I don't think they knew their girl was a ho.

One time I asked the girl why she would try and do that while her boyfriend was here with her as this was like her 4th attempt over a few month period and she said it made it more exciting because she was out in public and she might get caught by him.

Guys...never underestimate how dirty a woman's mind can be...even when you are with them.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always found it interesting with the hot girls with boyfriends who were there with them that would disappear to come up and try and set something up with me after I was off that night. Or try to give me a BJ while I was working... I felt bad for the dudes because I don't think they knew their girl was a ho.

One time I asked the girl why she would try and do that while her boyfriend was here with her as this was like her 4th attempt over a few month period and she said it made it more exciting because she was out in public and she might get caught by him.

Guys...never underestimate how dirty a woman's mind can be...even when you are with them.
Women that frequent environments like this are far more likely to have a mindset like this, reading this does not at all surprise me. Points to what I mentioned before, these are childish *****s living in the moment with no thought of the consequences of their actions. They are seeking any type of spontaneous thrill that they can find, this was one method of achieving that. Again, why would a man go out of his way to bring women like that into his life? They may be good for a one time fling but you definitely don't date or try to form a relationship with them lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Women that frequent environments like this are far more likely to have a mindset like this, reading this does not at all surprise me. Points to what I mentioned before, these are childish *****s living in the moment with no thought of the consequences of their actions. They are seeking any type of spontaneous thrill that they can find, this was one method of achieving that. Again, why would a man go out of his way to bring women like that into his life? They may be good for a one time fling but you definitely don't date or try to form a relationship with them lol.
Many guys in their 20s are dating this woman whether they realize it or not.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many guys in their 20s are dating this woman whether they realize it or not.
I definitely agree with that. The thing is, most of this stuff is ridiculously easy to spot when you are looking from the outside in. However, when they get involved with a woman it's easy to have the rational brain turned off and far too readily overlook red flags. You should also add in how difficult it is for most men to find a replacement woman for the girl that they are dating. A lot of men are aware of this and will tolerate a lot of nonsense because they know it could take months or even years to find another source of steady sex. This has nothing to do with game, it's just the reality for the overwhelming majority of young men today. Really the only two options are to accept the dating market for what it is and be willing to put up with a lot of drama OR just checking out all together.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wheat Waffles summarizes nightlife game well.

Its as much about attitude and the perspective as anything else I suppose when you're out in the nightlife?
I never really gone out to chase girls per see as most guys do. Its the whole purpose for them and it is highly likely why they also fail at it..

I always just gone out with my buddies and not really giving a flying phuck about the girls. It has always been the main focus about having just fun with my buddies and having fun along the way. It also sort of creates a vibe to which is infectious which draws people into your circle simply because they can see some crazy happy guys simply just having fun... (Which then also of course attracts girls to your social circle at the place you are at etc.. Well go figure..). I kinda call it "The cool crowd effect". E.g. people is always attracted to the cool crowd and want to be a a part of it.

I have of course gone out with these guys that just are trying to chase the only goal of the glorious V and the vibe is of course totally different and yep - it is just boring as hell. So people doesn't come up to you.

The result if you now should talk about pulling chicks (which are sort of are), is also miserable unless you remove yourself from these desperate guys. Well better is to get the phuck out and go somewhere else and game alone or just go home. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

While that has never been my personal MO I’ve seen that too. Out with my boyfriend and run into a couple of chic younger people who are engaged. (This is not my current fiancé I was with)…. The girl was a Carmen Electra look a like, gorgeous. Her man was good looking but not model tier. She leaned over and offered my bf a blow job in the bathroom, whispered it in his ear right in front of me as well as her man. I felt horrible for the poor guy.

My guy stayed close by me the whole night. He’d had enough hot women that loyalty was more important than looks, and he was disgusted by the woman’s offer. He felt sorry for the other dude too & spent time ignoring her and chatting with him.

Not at all unusual.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
While that has never been my personal MO I’ve seen that too. Out with my boyfriend and run into a couple of chic younger people who are engaged. (This is not my current fiancé I was with)…. The girl was a Carmen Electra look a like, gorgeous. Her man was good looking but not model tier. She leaned over and offered my bf a blow job in the bathroom, whispered it in his ear right in front of me as well as her man. I felt horrible for the poor guy.

My guy stayed close by me the whole night. He’d had enough hot women that loyalty was more important than looks, and he was disgusted by the woman’s offer. He felt sorry for the other dude too & spent time ignoring her and chatting with him.

Not at all unusual.
Yeah...I have had my share of hot women especially during my DJ days and I tell people all the time for the amount of sh!t you have to deal with 95% of them, they aren't worth it.

I'd much rather date a cute 7 with a nice body. Far less headaches and usually better sex.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don’t have the guts to go tell a girl to do something in a command form “I want you to kiss me”…”Come dance”….hand her your phone & say “Put your contacts in….” Or something even more bold, then yeah, you’re going to founder in the nightclubs.
Can execute the boldness, need to read in module and calibrate first. One challenge is being bold while not fscking up so the club police throws you out. It's perhaps particularly a concern in Scandinavia. With increasing boldness, increasing risk.

Also, if you are even just a few years past college age it's just super cringey and weird, you should have other priorities in your life. Lastly, most of the women you'd be meeting in an environment like this are not something you should want around, the term "club rats" exists for a reason.

I enjoy the night life despite my age, but I can also relate to this. BeExcellent talks about the social dynamics of the club and participating it and maneuvering it, but I'm hesitant. The reason is I'm primarily a sigma male. I'm socially competent, but see little interest in navigating the social systems for gaining the necessary popularity for good. game. Suggestions for how to workaround this are welcome.

My definition of sigma is the first one at Urban Dictionary:

The popularity of DJs is also just too retarded as @BackInTheGame78 comments on:

It's amazing how girls worship them, quite a topic for anthropology. The "gods" of night life for no reason.

I've maybe 20+ connections that are on the music streaming services, and I've myself studied and played music, hence. So I've played, performed, worked, studied, partied or gym'd with the producers and musicians of tomorrow, over here. So playing the club game feels very... bland and lacking impression for me.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I literally got all my GFs from nightlife/night game, all post OLD. I think this trend will continue too, I like to go out and have fun, I can dance, I only go to places/events I enjoy the music.

There's a lot of doom and gloom in here from people that likely never go out and have fun anyway. If you're going out to hit on girls you're doing it all wrong IMO. I never once had that sole intention, yeah sometimes I go out and think "I want to talk to some girls tonight" but that's about it. I also secured first-night bangs with that same mentality. First night bang with a new chick is a real buzz.

It's absolute BS that OLD has ruined nightlife or that women don't want to be chatted up by a good looking funny charming guy and let their guard down.

Having said that, since starting my business I have gone out a lot less, it's more 4x per year if that, and I treat it as something to look forward to rather than going through the motions and constant cycle of weekend debauchery. I cut down on drinking and mdma/cocaine use and much prefer waking up early Saturday/Sunday to do housework, meal prep, work out, walk, work, relax, read my Bible and plan for the week. I think I'm just getting old but I'm prioritising my health and wealth while women and partying take a back seat.

Last edited:

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I literally got all my GFs from nightlife/night game, all post OLD. I think this trend will continue too, I like to go out and have fun, I can dance, I only go to places/events I enjoy the music.

There's a lot of doom and gloom in here from people that likely never go out and have fun anyway. If you're going out to hit on girls you're doing it all wrong IMO. I never once had that sole intention, yeah sometimes I go out and think "I want to talk to some girls tonight" but that's about it. I also secured first-night bangs with that same mentality. First night bang with a new chick is a real buzz.

It's absolute BS that OLD has ruined nightlife or that women don't want to be chatted up by a good looking funny charming guy and let their guard down.

Having said that, since starting my business I have gone out a lot less, it's more 4x per year if that, and I treat it as something to look forward to rather than going through the motions and constant cycle of weekend debauchery. I cut down on drinking and mdma/cocaine use and much prefer waking up early Saturday/Sunday to do housework, meal prep, work out, walk, work, relax, read my Bible and plan for the week. I think I'm just getting old but I'm prioritising my health and wealth while women and partying take a back seat.
Pre-Covid CLubs and Bars in my city were popping, quarantine and Covid REKT, I mean absolutely REKT the nightlife scene in my city
Use to be a dozens upon dozens of places that use to be hopping now on a Saturday you might be lucky to find 3 places
Plus you have raising inflation and people are now staying more locally

I know this isn't in every town or city but in my city nightlife is a waste of time now