"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

from fitness everything flows

dig it

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
never underestimate fitness. it could be your missing llink.

work out. go to the gym and see how to get fit and build muscle

healthy body healthy mind.

and because being a dj is all in the mind firstly, you'll need your fitness

i am living proof
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
I think this should be the BASIC tenent of the DJ philosophy, but sadly a lot of DJs overlook it, thinking they can get by on personality. :(



Think of it this way:



You've been a geek/loser/doormat for ever and EVER. How long do you think it will take for you to develop a DJ personality (that isn't faked and is fully natural now), to the level that it can overcome any physical disadvantages you might have? YEARS. That's right - many many years.



Until then, you will have to suffer countless rejections because on top of being a fat fvck/skinny bytch, you're not interesting, funny, confident enough.




On the same note, we all know that looks/fitness can also help overcome the lack of personality, just as pesonality can help overcome the lack of looks/body. Realize this fact, and see that if you have a nice body or are well-groomed, you may get some slack for acting in a un-DJish manner.




Use this knowledge as motivation to get a good body.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
especially as as the greeks said (damn i cant remember the greek) but a healthy mind in a healthy body.
 

salthepal

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
I agree that fitness builds confidence ..

I have been told by many people that I now radiate confidence, I seem much more capable of looking after myself, and (especially significant to me) lately my father told me he doesn't worry about me or my future anymore ( i always used to get vthe impression that he considered too boyish, or worse, girlish, to move forward on my own:eek:) .

I told him about this, and he confessed to me that he did have this bad view of me, but now he doesn't ; actually he thinks very highly of me ... we started debating, and concluded that my personality shift started right about the time I started going to the gym and building a nice physique; now I haven't told him I joined the DJ forum at the same time, but no doubt that both the extra fitness and nice body I gained from the gym were as important as the ideas and principles revealed to me by the DJ bible and the forums :)
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Yes this is very important!! Good health and good body is essential!



Btw stop calling it DJs... Aprox maybe 5, 10 tops people on this forum is anywhere NEAR what you can call a Don Juan. Most are like afcs, then some players, pimps, whatever
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
2
Location
Down South. Between the Y junction.
I disagree.. Good Health is a like good looks to a lesser degree. Confidence can be gained through less exhausting means since its all in the mind, it can be achieved through practice and living the DJ life.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
lol, the DJ life. There is no such thing.


Anyways, a GOOD HEALTH, Working out creates a good health, good and more resistant body and it also increases oxygenflow, bloodflow etc and hightens your concentration, psyche and other stuff. It's essential for a healthy body and mind to work out and it's also very good to have in everyday life!
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
I go to the gym as much as I can and it helps me out a lot. I'm even talking to this HB8 who works there. Gyms are not only good for your health but a good place to practice your DJ skills.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
Age
40
very true. ive seen a big change in my friends shape and with that hes changed as a person too, while ive just been sitting about like a prick watching him. this summer im dedicating my whole time to bulking up. forget girls for now, i need to get myself in check
 
Top