Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

From Boy to Man

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is great. And in theory, and historically, this is how boys become men. It's a rite of passage. It's always been done that way.

Nowadays being "a man" is having hair on your balls and "slaying" p***y.

I was just listening to a podcast the other day by Brett from the Art of Manliness, it is called "How to turn a boy into a man". It talks about this rite of passage and how it can be brought back into "modern" times. I found it super refreshing and inspiring. Check it out, worth the listen.

The main problem with modern males has to do with what Barrister said. We either raised our sons but never made the transition ourselves or, what is more, common nowadays, is being raised by single mothers or worst society. We are fast becoming a generation of males raised without fathers. A society proud to tell children fathers are not needed. It is despicable and destructive.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s actually worse than that. The definition of a modern man you give is actually the homosexual lifestyle. Lots of sterile, casual sex with no children being produced.

Our father’s generation may have been soft. But what about this generation? Kids these days are being told that gender doesn’t exist.
The greatest generation was the last that had "real" men I would say. But the cracks were starting to show even there. What we are left with now is a soft, entitled, and depraved society that wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. I don't see it really changing either without some major catastrophe to once again separate the men from the boys. We will know who went through the transformation and who didn't. I don't see many left standing.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s actually worse than that. The definition of a modern man you give is actually the homosexual lifestyle. Lots of sterile, casual sex with no children being produced.

Our father’s generation may have been soft. But what about this generation? Kids these days are being told that gender doesn’t exist.

This generation of kids will ensure than the following one will be tough as nails. And it won't bode well for them (the current kids) as they age LOL.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absentee & uninvolved fathers are a real problem. My father was absentee & uninvolved for most of my childhood. I learned the most about manhood from reading on the internet. I had one grandfather & uncle who cared about me & did what they could but even they were limited by what they could do to help me become a man.

Single motherhood is bad. My mom was in effect a single mom though my parents didn’t separate until I was 15.

I would have liked to have had more of a father. I did end up discussing this in therapy. However, my father, when he was present, was also too flawed to make much of a difference. He said some real beta male shiit.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A while back I spent some time with my cousin's children. The 3 boys aged from 7-15. These boys have been raised with with a mom and dad that believe in traditional male/female gender roles. They live on a farm where they harvest hay and raise horses, cows, and chickens. For those that don't know how that works, it works exactly like what was mentioned in the Robert Ruark quote above.

Farm life involves lots of physical labor in extreme weather which creates a sense of "fitness". Thru hardwork, loss, death, struggle, success, and failure while working together raising crops and animals you start to feel a "belonging". As one does that work and sees the fruits of their labor they begin to feel "responsible".

These boys are learning how to be men. They are some of the most masculine boys I know and it did my heart good to see. They will make strong men that contribute to society someday. The kids that are still raised on farms don't have issues with being masculine like I see in big city kids. They also experience less divorce.

I don't expect any of you that have spent your entire life in a large city to understand, but as we have moved away from an agrarian(agriculture based) society and abandoned traditional male/female gender roles, we have removed a lifestyle that helped create strong men. It played a large part of why the "greatest generation" was so great. One also has to give credit to the effect WWI and WWII had on creating strong men.

Not many boys grow up on farms anymore, we don't send many overseas to fight wars like we used to. But its important that we raise boys in environments where those same critical concepts can be taught. Its just as important as having a healthy father and mother around 100% of the time.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The greatest generation was the last that had "real" men I would say. But the cracks were starting to show even there. What we are left with now is a soft, entitled, and depraved society that wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. I don't see it really changing either without some major catastrophe to once again separate the men from the boys. We will know who went through the transformation and who didn't. I don't see many left standing.
rr2.jpg

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the city lifestyle of working a desk job is like declaring war on your masculinity and testosterone. Its an inactive, sedentary job, its stressful without the adrenaline, its removed from nature, it incentivizes drinking in an unmasculine way in venues you dont actually enjoy, you get used to censoring yourself almost around the clock due to HR, corporate culture, urban politics, and feminist women, and you get fed a ton of values that are detached from masculinity.
And a nice cherry on top is the completely dull and drab visual environment where everything is gray and the windows are also tinted to limit the natural light.

It's almost like a troll job lol that most people can't see.

Whoever did that study back in the day that said this environment fosters productivity got a nice payoff, no doubt.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is great. And in theory, and historically, this is how boys become men. It's a rite of passage. It's always been done that way.

Nowadays being "a man" is having hair on your balls and "slaying" p***y.

I was just listening to a podcast the other day by Brett from the Art of Manliness, it is called "How to turn a boy into a man". It talks about this rite of passage and how it can be brought back into "modern" times. I found it super refreshing and inspiring. Check it out, worth the listen.

The main problem with modern males has to do with what Barrister said. We either raised our sons but never made the transition ourselves or, what is more, common nowadays, is being raised by single mothers or worst society. We are fast becoming a generation of males raised without fathers. A society proud to tell children fathers are not needed. It is despicable and destructive.

Modern Man Advice
Father's aren't needed until all of the boys raised by single Mom's are Mama's boys and have no clue about what being a man is.

Women can't teach their sons something they have no idea about how to be themselves.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Parents work harder and longer!!!!

Children are reared by today’s education system. Root cause is the woke and the countless gender pronouns that replaced the traditional man. Brain washing kids when they are the most vulnerable.

No, single moms back in the day aren’t the reason as uncles, older male siblings or cousins filled the void and supported the family unit. I say that from my own upbringing.

Blame government bureaucracies and big corporations that are buying the Koolaid.

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Women can have the wisdom to get their sons around real men. I got my son around my father and my brother in law and masculine friends; had him attend an all boys military high school for exactly this reason. At 20 he is developing into a natural leader and he is a real man. That did not happen by accident. He works on cars for his job while in university and has a focus, maturity and masculinity that many of his peers lack. His LTR gf cooks and cleans for him and defers to his leadership. He LEADS her; she defers. He is old school and I am grateful for that. He is red pill aware and I am grateful for that. He doesn’t see a need to chase girls although many of his friends do. He thinks it’s unnecessary frivolity. If his relationship ends he’s perfectly capable with women and he doesn’t tolerate BS. He is focused on where his life is headed, has a clear goal and is on purpose. His gf is along for the ride.

Obviously I’m very proud of him. But so too are my fiancé, and my male friends who have come to know him. He comports himself as a man should and thusly men extend him the respect this garners. Just as he respects them. He respects himself and that is where character is rooted, in self respect.

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many single moms who prefer a village (female friends, feminine males, therapists, psychologists, prescriptions drugs, charitable organizations, government) over a father for raising their children