Friendly salesperson or more?

yankees13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well went today to Banana Republic to get a dress shirt not expecting anything... So i pick up my shirt and go to changing room. The girl says " Are you ready sweety"? Im like yea so i go change my stuff, and come out to go pay..

Then i realized i also needed a white t shirt so i pick up one and go up to her in the changing room... And i was like do you guys have this in size Large? So we stand there looking at each other for couple of sec's me checking her out (smiling), and she replies.. No we ran out.. So i was like can you pull some magic tricks and check in the back to see if you can find anything.. She laughed and was like no really we dont have anything because we didnt receive the shipment this week. So i was like allright thanks.

I go up to counter and wait in line for minute or two to pay.. Then i see her coming back from the back/changing room comes up to me and says. "Well you know you can come back and check tommorow, maybe we will have something" And i was like nah i dont have time.. So we are smiling and i was like well thanks anyways, and i payed and left.

Now if i was thinking faster.. When she said you can come back tommorow? I could of said something like "Are you gonna be hear? (and smile)? Or could of said something "hmm i dont know give me your # and i might consider coming back".. But since im so slow with ladies i didnt do that

Question, do you guys see any attraction, or just a friendly girl? Should i consider stopping by the store in couple of weeks?

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't hit on her you are a ***** with no balls.

yankees13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok i guess both of you did not read the post i did hit on her i just didnt ask her for her # cuzz i assumed she was a friendly salesperson.... Unless you guys mean that have no balls next time if i see her and not ask her #:confused:

Reaction score
Yankees,

Since you are not quick on your feet, you must have a list of openers and closers before you approach - they should cover different situations.

Since you are going shopping again sometime in your life, why not have some planned convos already set up?

You gave the perfect example when you said, "Are you gonna be hear? (and smile)? Or could of said something "hmm i dont know give me your # and i might consider coming back".. , "

Next time this same situation comes up, say the above comments.

Write down some openers/close on a piece of paper and memorize them for the most common situations that arise on a daily basis.

Colllege campus

Shopping at the mall

Libraries

Bus stops

Random walk-bys

Clubs

etc...

Not all things said can be pre-planned and calculated, but if you had some convos already memorized you'll be more comfortable approaching and mingling.

When she said or when the next saleswoman says, 'Hey sweetie", always respond back with, "yes honey" and play off of this with a little humor. Then say, "Are you being nice (affectionate) to me because it's part of your job or is it bacuse you like me" (then smile). If she says "I like you". then say, "Great why don't you give me your number and we can discuss this away from your work".

If she says "It's part of my job to be friendly." then say "It's part of my job as a man, to ask you for your number" (smile)

Now have another opener for the college campus.

If you are in the biology building you can say, "Are you a biology major?" She says "Yeah". You say, "Biology has to do with the study of life, right" She says, "Yeah" You say, "I would like to study your life, how about giving me your number?"

Some cheesy stuff like that...:)

Mr.Fortesque

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Yankees,

"Are you being nice (affectionate) to me because it's part of your job or is it bacuse you like me" (then smile). If she says "I like you". then say, "Great why don't you give me your number and we can discuss this away from your work".

If she says "It's part of my job to be friendly." then say "It's part of my job as a man, to ask you for your number" (smile)
that's cool Puerto! I have to remeber this! :D

to yankees13:
1,not asking her (2,3) was bad.
2,"Are you gonna be hear? (and smile)?" better than 1.
3,"hmm i dont know give me your # and i might consider coming back" THE best :D