Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Friendly reminder we have no free will so relax, Sam Harris

TheProspect

Reaction score
I mean anyone can say that and how could you prove otherwise? Because they could always retort that it was predetermined you would do that.

Sounds like a pretty unwinnable argument
Arguing for absolute determinism is indeed a very hard argument to make compelling to those whose intuition (or own programming ironically enough) cause them to reject being open-minded to the idea.

On the other hand, another argument that is hard to make is one that absolute free will exists. For absolute free will to exist, we would have to have the freedom to act absolutely independent of our genetics and prior conditioning — which we do not. Yes, we can be aware of our conditioning and use that knowledge to attempt to overcome it a lot better than if we were ignorant to it, but it would be false to claim that said genetics & conditioning have absolutely no influence over us once we are aware of it. No matter how analytical and self-aware a person thinks they are, they are still largely governed by spontaneous thoughts and fleeting emotions.

As I said, although I don’t believe free will exists, I live my life as if it does. I actually hold a similar mindset to you @BackInTheGame78, in that I live my life by taking 100% responsibility for my behaviour and results in life. I do my best to overcome any unhelpful or unproductive patterns of thought and behaviour, and have been quite successful in doing so. I also expect others to be able to at least attempt to do the same.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I had a friend call me once saying that the CIA were stalking him, and that they'd infiltrated his family and he needed help.

This was all after he watched some conspiracy theory videos on the pandemic and 5 towers.
Keep in mind we live in Australia and the CIA doesn't operate here.

His also unemployed, at first he was blaming it on racism but now he thinks it's some conspiracy. The real reason he got fired was because he never actually did his work.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend call me once saying that the CIA were stalking him, and that they'd infiltrated his family and he needed help.

This was all after he watched some conspiracy theory videos on the pandemic and 5 towers.
Keep in mind we live in Australia and the CIA doesn't operate here.

His also unemployed, at first he was blaming it on racism but now he thinks it's some conspiracy. The real reason he got fired was because he never actually did his work.
You are in the wrong thread. You are excused because you have no free will.