Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Friend trying to set me up with another girl

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
So, this time my friend showed me a picture of his brunette friend who he thinks I should date. She's single, pretty attractive, and I would definitely have some fun with her. He showed her my picture and apparently she thought I was cute. He said "I hope I get to meet her" sometime when we all hang out. I was like "yeah, sounds good." But then I thought about it... what does that mean? Is there really a plan of action I have here? Do I ask my friend about her again?

I'm not sure how to read this.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
If this girl was interested, she would have given me her number through my friends. That's my take on this.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If this girl was interested, she would have given me her number through my friends. That's my take on this.
Why are you so hesitant to go for what you want and take action? Stop being a passenger in your own life bro. If you want it to happen then go make it happen.

Being passive in these situations will get you nowhere.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not necessarily. They still expect men to make the first move. Ask her out! If she is interested she will say yes. If she says no, be polite and simply move on.
I just don't get why guys are so afraid to take action these days...almost like unless a woman just falls from the sky into their lap they aren't willing to entertain them.

Since when does a man expect a woman to take the lead? That's so weak.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
see if your friend can hook up a threesome between you, the girl and your friend. do some puzc banging and get ur dik suked.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, this time my friend showed me a picture of his brunette friend who he thinks I should date. She's single, pretty attractive, and I would definitely have some fun with her. He showed her my picture and apparently she thought I was cute. He said "I hope I get to meet her" sometime when we all hang out. I was like "yeah, sounds good." But then I thought about it... what does that mean? Is there really a plan of action I have here? Do I ask my friend about her again?

I'm not sure how to read this.
Ask for her number and call her up. Suggest meeting up to get to know each other and then standard procedure.. get close to her and escalate to find out if she's really interested.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, this is a post similar to your last.

Notice the pattern and break it. Be bolder and initiate direct contact with the chick. Ask her out and stop wondering what to do.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to play devil's advocate, but I have to agree with the OP again. When his friend showed the girl his picture, if she was interested it would have been more than "he's cute". I mean, what is she going to say? He's ugly? In these situations when his friends are trying to hook him up with these girls, it just doesn't seem like they're making any attempt to even give him a chance to do something about it.

In these instances, his friends would have came back with "She wants to meet you." Or "She wanted you to call her. Here's her number."

Yes, it's up to the guy to take action, but I think it's up to the women to give him a green light under these circumstances, and it doesn't seem like they're really doing that.

Remember - when a girl is interested, they make it easy, not difficult.

Jcooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let your friend do the basic work for you, he can tell her you’re interested and would love to be with her. If she gives you her number after knowing this, you know you’ll have a smooth ride.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.... not sure what to do.
She's seen your pic, and reacted positively - so you know there's at least SOME interest there.

Get her number from your friend, or at least get him to find out if she's OK with you having her number.
Assuming you get the number, then as Mauser has already advised... twice... get in touch and try to get her out for coffee - If she's interested, she'll meet.

If I'm not too sure about a woman, I'll always use a coffee date to assess potential, then if it looks promising you can go for an evening date.
If you're not keen, don't ask - simples!
Then if you ask for an evening date - and she accepts - and she turns up... you know there's a good chance you can move things forward.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don't get why guys are so afraid to take action these days...almost like unless a woman just falls from the sky into their lap they aren't willing to entertain them.

Since when does a man expect a woman to take the lead? That's so weak.
I admit that I've been busting your chops lately. It's not as though I disagree with your advice (or advice that I actually suspect isn't from your experience, but that you've probably read somewhere) ... but you are no longer just a forum member. You are now a moderator.

The overall image of the mods here ... is that they practice better temperament. I prefer to be more 'unfiltered' if I see wrong doing here. That is why I never applied for that position. You, as a mod, have a higher image to uphold.

Keep in mind that some forum members here are less experienced and/or walking wounded. They didn't join to be judged. They joined to learn and receive constructive advice. Judging by your overall recent posting behavior, I'm thinking that the "moderator" title has either gone to your head or that your promotion as moderator was premature.

Put your ego aside and think about this.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admit that I've been busting your chops lately. It's not as though I disagree with your advice (or advice that I actually suspect isn't from your experience, but that you've probably read somewhere) ... but you are no longer just a forum member. You are now a moderator.

The overall image of the mods here ... is that they practice better temperament. I prefer to be more 'unfiltered' if I see wrong doing here. That is why I never applied for that position. You, as a mod, have a higher image to uphold.

Keep in mind that some forum members here are less experienced and/or walking wounded. They didn't join to be judged. They joined to learn and receive constructive advice. Judging by your overall recent posting behavior, I'm thinking that the "moderator" title has either gone to your head or that your promotion as moderator was premature.

Put your ego aside and think about this.
I agree. I think it is good device not to be judgmental. Everyone has different levels of experience and age... advice to a early 20-something year old dude in college and a guy in his late 40s is going to be a hell of a lot different. If you are a young man, having been raised in a dysfunctional culture, it is completely understandable you are struggling. If you are in your late 40s or early 50s, trying to figure sh1t out... well... if being around for this long with women, and you still haven't figured the deal... I do have less sympathy, but everyone's life experience is difference. He could be a guy that married his HS sweetheart, the only chick he ever dated... then here he is 25 years later... well... he is going to be clueless. Never assume you know what someone's back ground is.

Advice to the OP.... get her number, make a date, see if she actually shows up, then go from there. Don't try to overthink anything. Right now she is just some random chick you do not know... don't get ahead of yourself. If she likes you, is REALLY available, and isn't a mantel case... she will make things easy.