"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Friday At The Gym Part 2

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
I'm sure some of you guys remember me posting last Friday that I went up and made a super cold approach on this really cute girl at the gym last week. I don't consider the gym a hunting ground normally. Anyway one week later and I haven't seen the girl until she again showed up at the same time. She sees me and acts kind of stand ofish and shy after I initially wave to her on the treadmill. While I'm doing Butterflies she walks completely around the equiptment and comes by me. I start talking asking her about her week etc., girl was very shy for some reason. Cool. I then didn't bother her again until I was about to leave. I walked up to her and told her that I hated to interrupt her set but I wanted to get her number and hang out sometime. She replied with "Sure". I then had to get a pin and told her since I only pick up girls at gas stations I'd be right back. She laughed.

OK, so I come back and get her number and then she starts asking me what I was doing during the weekend. I took this as a you can call me sooner then later. I replied hanging out with friends. I then asked if she watched the Sopranos. She said she's tried and I replied with maybe I'll teach you sometime. We then partied with have a good weekend. I guess I'll call her Sunday and line something up for Monday or Tuesday. Awsome Firday indeed.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Good stuff man! I missed your other thread though, how did you cold approach her?
 

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
the cold approach was very cold. i just went up told her i noticed her in the gym before and that i wanted to introduce myself. we did then i went back to my sets. 10 minutes later she walked over to me. i'm going to try to play this one different than my old days though b/c going out with women for the soul purpose of sex isn't my thing these days.
 
Top