"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

FR:Rescued chick from AFC....but didn't follow through

jiro77

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2003
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
I found that this tactic could work, but it requires a DJ's eye. I was at the club last night, had a hard time approaching because I didn't seem to receive any eye contact. Anyways, at closing time, everyone was leaving the club and walking out the exits. I was walking towards the door with my wing and he notices this chick standing in the middle of the floor talking with this older guy. You could easily tell that this guy was boring the f--k out of her, and she was just trying to leave with her friends. I mean this guy didn't know when to quit talking, and you could read her body language like a book. For some reason this lady was just too nice to brush him off. Now I took a good look at him and realized he was no threat to me, so what did I do?

I just hopped right in and interrupted the whole boring conversation. I gently put both of my hands on her shoulders and said, "Hello Stephanie!, how are you?" I just made up some stupid name and pretended like I new her. All the while I rotated her 180 degrees from the guy, and began walking with her towards the exit. I then just looked her in the eye with a smile and said "Your welcome!" She came back with a suprised grin and said "Thanks a lot!!"

This is where I f--ked it up though. Instead of asking her for her real name and starting up a convo, I walked away and pretended what I just did was like no big deal. She ended up leaving with her friends. Perfect opportunity blown, she was about a HB8...
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
SMOOOOOTH move Jiro! Now you know it works, carry through on it!:D
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
yOU HAVE THE BALLS TO DO THAT BUT NOT ASK FOR HER NAME AND NUMBER???:confused:
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
There is good and bad here

Good - Acted as DJ, moved in, took action (although did not follow through)

Bad - Played Captain Save-a-hoe, which I hate. WHy did you feel the need to rescue some hoe you did not even know? You might have gotten pounded for some girl who doesn't even know you from a piece of sh1t...

From woman's perspective:

"Tonight an AFC was boring me to death, then another AFC saved me from him and did not even ask for my number or anything. What is wrong with men these days"

Sorry for the tough love, bro.

Dietzcoi
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jiro77

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2003
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
Yeah I agree, it was lame that I didn't continue on with her....I have no excuse. The whole thing wasn't planned, it was more spontaneous, and I think that I surprised myself. I don't screw with other people's game like that, but this was so obvious. Like I said, the other guy was no threat, no chance in getting pounded.

dietzcoi - You're right, she probably ended up seeing it that way. But, If I would have stuck with it, who knows.

I felt good about it afterwards, it was something that I wouldn't normally do.
 
Last edited:

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by jiro77
I found that this tactic could work, but it requires a DJ's eye.
What kind of DJ?! I'm into trance myself and house/dance.... I would think that ears are more important to a DJ than his eyes though except to spot the hotties when he's spinning vinyl on the decks.
 
Top