"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FR: pick up? I think so!

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Wow. I’ve changed so much since finding this website. Even just a few weeks ago I would have let an opportunity like this slide (in fact, I let several like this slide).

About a week ago, Maggy (about an 8) comes up to me during lunch and starts talking to me. I’m chatting with a couple of her casual friends, and I have the attention of all four girls there. I had met her briefly at a party, but we didn’t talk. I immediately started to get an interest in this girl – she’s smart, very attractive, and has heard nothing but the best about me.

We didn’t talk much for the next few days due to my schedule, but after acting like an AFC and worrying about talking to her on one of my free days I grabbed my balls and went up. The conversation went perfectly, the only problem being that at the height of it a friend of mine came up to chat to me and immediately drove the three girls away. I suppose they don’t like him for some reason.

I apparently piqued her interest, because after school later that day she called my name when I was with a group of my friends, and when I went over to speak to her she literally stopped the conversation she was having with a guy in order to talk to me. This guy was holding her hand and so obviously trying to pick her up. He mirrored my position in order to mock me and stood behind her as if to say “hey, back off man.” I got rid of this c0ckblocker with a joke at the girl’s expense and he left when he realized we’d forgotten about him.

She was initiating kino all over the place, saying things like “oh, I’m so proud of my abs.” I’d neg-hit her about them, then boast about my own muscles, at which point she’d neg me. I left, and the next day she yelled at me from across the hallway during lunch in order to talk again. I left her after a few minutes to join my friends, and didn’t speak with her until the end of the day when she found me after school, gave me a hug good bye (after 2 or 3 conversations over the course of 5 days) and told me to have a nice break. I told her we were going to hang out over break, and she grinned, said yes, and I told her I’d call her.

The only problem I saw with this pick up was that I didn’t actually get her number – granted, we were both heading for our buses to go home, and she may not have realized I would have liked it. I have the directory though. In my opinion all systems are go on this one.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

gentleman193

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Age
52
get the #

She's into you but it's not a close unless you have a # in hand.

It's like when my (since departed) sales guy said, "Well, they really really liked me, but they didn't buy anything." Whoop-dee-f'ing doo, boy. If you want to see the money, close the deal. If you want to taste the honey, #close the deal. You've got maybe one more chance to do it.

For more inspiration, see Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It"

Listen boy
Don't want to see you let a good thing
Slip away

You know I don't like watching
Anybody make the same mistakes
I made

She's a real nice girl
And she's always there for you
But a nice girl wouldn't tell you what you should do

The rest of the lyrics are *****-whipped Hollywood AFC but the first part gets the right message across. Good luck!
 

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
Porky, this is not a Field Report or a pick up. This chick is clearly attracted to you but all you've done is talk. Get her # goddamnit.
 
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto canada
I think not, dude.

You get off on taling to girls. YEEEHHAAAAAA!!!!!!

Do you want to have sex with her verbally, at school, with friends about? You are totally non aggressive, and you will be an old men before you get laid. You didn't do anything other than come at her calling you like a litle puppy being beckoned by its master. What were you thinking?

Have fun being celibate,
epitome.
 

atlantis

New Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
My friend, you should have taken her number in the first time you were talking to her. You're the one that ought to lead.

Anyway, she's interested, so I believe it'll be ok -- just don't "take your time" - life's too short, hit the iron while it's still hot. It might get cooler at any given moment.

Good luck :)

Atlantis.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
I decided I wouldn't come back here until this thing with the girl was resolved. It was a pick up. We got together, but since I have lost interest and I think so has she. That's fine, I went bowling with a girl last weekend and I'm about to see a movie with another one.

In retrospect, perhaps I should have gotten her number - but it wasn't necessary. I still maintain that this was a pick up. I stated my intention, which was to date her, she said that that was fine, and that's all that was needed. I already had her number, so there was no need to go through the formalities of getting it.

I get the impression that most of the guys who responded to this are just regurgitating information that they read in the bible. That's fine, but you have to mold the information stated in the bible to your everyday life and experiences.

I thought you'd at least have had more faith in me, MV ;-)

Finally, epitome of evolution, perhaps you should read and apply a bit more before responding to some of the threads and offering advice. If you think that I'm one to act like a puppy dog and wait for the girls to approach me, you're wrong. There's nothing wrong with letting a girl strike up a conversation with you. After we initially met I spoke to her in order to spike up her interest level, but after that was done I was more than content to let her come to me.

Remember: act like you don't care, and they come crawling to you. You'll start to see this once you apply this mindset.

Edit: I couldn't have gotten her phone number the first time we spoke. She wasn't interested enough, and neither was I. This may be appropriate for a club scene where people are looking to hook up, but I'm in high school - it's a different story here.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
In your tale above - you actually c@ck-bocked the other dude!
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Yeah. And he tried to c0ckblock me. He just failed is all, and I succeeded.
 
Top