Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: Mike returns to the mall.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, today I took the oath of going back out sarging in a place I haven't been for ages... the MALL. I'll basically tell you what I remember about the approaches(And as you can probably tell I don't remember a lot of what the girls said).

Approach #1
Me: Hey, you girls wouldn't know any place in the mall where I could a lot of people would go to socialize, would you?
Girl1: Places where a lot of people would socialize... probably the food court.
Me: Thanks.
Girl1: Bye.
[I put my hand out for the handshake, she wasn't really paying attention so I say...]
Me: Hey.
Girl1: Oh.
[And she gives me a handshake and I start leaving]
Girl2: Bye.
Approach #2
I'm in Abercrombie and this girl who works there says "Hey" and I say "Oh you were talking top me?" then approach. Turns out it was a girl from my school.

Me: Oh, where you talking to me?
Girl: Yeah.
Me: Hey, you look familier, your Nikki.
Girl: Yeah.
Me: So you work at Abercrombie now?
Girl: Yep.
Me: Does it pay a lot?
Girl: Not really.
Me: Haha, I see. Well atleast pays a lot right?
Me: So how's your summer been?
Girl: It's been okay.
Me: Yeah, I've had at a pretty interesting summer. I went down to Atlanta and then down to Tennessee which was pretty.
Girl: Oh, that's cool.
Me: Well, I gotta go but I'll see you later Nikki.
Girl: Okay.
[I hug her and she hugs]
Approach #3
Me: Hey, how are you guys doing?(1 of the cashiers is a hot blonde chick and the other is a dude)
Both: Good.
Me: You know, something I noticed about this place was that you guys sell a lot of expensive and high value stuff. Is this generally a high value store?
Girl: Well yeah.
Me: I see. Haha, I might come down here some time when I actually get some money cause you guys have some nice stuff here.
Me: So what are your names?
Dude: Chris.
Girl: I'm Shannon.
Me: Nice to meet you guys. I'm Mike.
Me: Do you work here a lot?
Girl: Well yeah, I work here everyday.
Me: Cool, so if I came back and bought something I'd probably see you.
Me: Well, I have to go but Shannon could I have your number?
[Going for the close!]
Girl: Sorry, I have a boyfriend.
[Rejected!]

Then after that I basically shook her hand and said bye to which she said "It was nice meeting you".
And yeah, those were basically the 3 most interesting approaches of the night.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphamale1821 said:
hey man at least your tryin thats what matters most.
Hey approaching is approaching. Who cares if you get the number or not? If you approach, good or bad, it's still PRACTICE. Infact caring about the results is what will severely SCREW your game because you become needy.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao at approach 1.

Anyone can go up to some girl and ask a random question. What you did is no different from asking, "what time is it?", except it's more awkward.

In the situation you were in, the thing to do is just plow until one of the two girls gets receptive. I'm guessing they weren't too thrilled when you opened them, but that doesn't mean you should dissappear already.

Approach #2: Your conversation was lackluster. When you asked her how her summer was, and she gave the 1-liner, you should have pushed it a little. "What did you do?", "any good stories?", etc. Once she gives you something small ("i was in peru/bahamas/working as a stripper"), you pounce on it and follow up.

Also, don't talk about work. You can talk about school, since you're both students at the same place, but even then in moderation. Talking about work, esp. how much a job pays, is a little over-the-top, most people don't like to talk about their salaries.

Approach #3: Don't number close with a coworker standing with there. She's almost certainly single and getting fvcked by two different guys right now, but you got rejected because you tried to number close with no rapport.

All you did was complement the store (I don't even know what the purpose of that was), then ask her for her name and how often she's working. That's not enough for a #-close. Maybe if you were social-proofed, or had a good opener, or something, but in a generic situation like that, you need more than "what's your name."

I suppose that practice makes perfect, but you should really take these tips to heart. You are racking up all these rejections because of errors in your social intelligence. You should be getting rejected because the girl isn't into you from the start; those are the cases you can't help.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flabbergasped? said:
Lmao at approach 1.

Anyone can go up to some girl and ask a random question. What you did is no different from asking, "what time is it?", except it's more awkward.

In the situation you were in, the thing to do is just plow until one of the two girls gets receptive. I'm guessing they weren't too thrilled when you opened them, but that doesn't mean you should dissappear already.

Approach #2: Your conversation was lackluster. When you asked her how her summer was, and she gave the 1-liner, you should have pushed it a little. "What did you do?", "any good stories?", etc. Once she gives you something small ("i was in peru/bahamas/working as a stripper"), you pounce on it and follow up.

Also, don't talk about work. You can talk about school, since you're both students at the same place, but even then in moderation. Talking about work, esp. how much a job pays, is a little over-the-top, most people don't like to talk about their salaries.

Approach #3: Don't number close with a coworker standing with there. She's almost certainly single and getting fvcked by two different guys right now, but you got rejected because you tried to number close with no rapport.

All you did was complement the store (I don't even know what the purpose of that was), then ask her for her name and how often she's working. That's not enough for a #-close. Maybe if you were social-proofed, or had a good opener, or something, but in a generic situation like that, you need more than "what's your name."

I suppose that practice makes perfect, but you should really take these tips to heart. You are racking up all these rejections because of errors in your social intelligence. You should be getting rejected because the girl isn't into you from the start; those are the cases you can't help.
Well yeah, that's good advice and all, but you got to realize, when I do this I'm just doing it for practice, I don't care if I get the number or not. I've got plenty of numbers before, plenty of rejections before. The thing is, I don't care. This is the reason rejection doesn't affect me anymore. I get rejected, I don't even think that much of the rejection, I just go to the next set. Cause that's all I see it as is approaching sets and improving myself, so when I DO see a girl I want to f*ck, I'll know how to handle her.

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Hey approaching is approaching. Who cares if you get the number or not? If you approach, good or bad, it's still PRACTICE. Infact caring about the results is what will severely SCREW your game because you become needy.
But at some point you have to take of the training wheels buddy and start caring about the results. You cant go around "practicing" for the rest of your life.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Motion said:
But at some point you have to take of the training wheels buddy and start caring about the results. You cant go around "practicing" for the rest of your life.
Sorry but that's not my style. "Training wheels"? You should NEVER stop practicing. Even if you had every girl from here to Japan wanting to suck your d*ck you should still practice because you can ALWAYS improve. So yeah, I'll keep practicing cause by doing that I AM improving. What I think you're trying to tell me is if you don't get EVERY girls number you're not improving, BS. Every set failure or success, you're learning something. Even in the most horrible set, you're still learning something.

But yeah, caring about results aint my style. I get it, great! I don't get it, who cares. I'm not going to go "OH MY GOD YES I GOT A NUMBER!" like a horny teenager who's never got a number before, I'm just going to move on to the next set. And even if I do get the number, no guarantee I'm going to call it. This goes back to the "practice" mindset, when I number close a girl that doesn't always mean I'm interested in advancing things with her, but I just want to see if she'll give it to me or not. My overall focus when approaching to have fun with it and be social. I could care less how many numbers I pull.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Elstud, I agree that focusing on the number could lead to several problems. You feel bad when rejected, overanalyze, etc.

However, caring as little as you do, or approaching girls you don't really care about, makes you so complacent that you do useless approaches like approach #1. In that case, it isn't really a learning experience, since you didn't do anything. Try approaching chicks you want to bang, and you'll game them with more passion; then something good might come out of it.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flabbergasped? said:
Elstud, I agree that focusing on the number could lead to several problems. You feel bad when rejected, overanalyze, etc.

However, caring as little as you do, or approaching girls you don't really care about, makes you so complacent that you do useless approaches like approach #1. In that case, it isn't really a learning experience, since you didn't do anything. Try approaching chicks you want to bang, and you'll game them with more passion; then something good might come out of it.
No approach is useless man. Every approach you learn something. You're basically trying to tell me "Oh my god, you don't get a number you're not improving" which is BS. You get rejected you improve, you get success you improve, you do a set that may seem "useless" you improve. My mindset when I go out is practice and have fun. And if I approach no matter the results I am practicing and thus improving.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaches 1 & 2, you didn't even ask for one.

Take these approaches all the way, you'll get more out of them.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are not immune to rejection. You can never be completely immune to rejection. You can get to the stage where it's not a big deal because you're spinning other plates or you're job rules or you're making progress in some other area of your life.

You have to recognise the distinction between not caring and not caring about the outcome. At the moment you're doing the former which is making you complacent as someone pointed out above and you're not learning from your experiences thus your hit-rate is not going up.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
No approach is useless man. Every approach you learn something. You're basically trying to tell me "Oh my god, you don't get a number you're not improving" which is BS. You get rejected you improve, you get success you improve, you do a set that may seem "useless" you improve. My mindset when I go out is practice and have fun. And if I approach no matter the results I am practicing and thus improving.
The problem is you never leave your comfort zone.

The only person that rejects you is yourself.

Deep down you don´t believe you have have a chance with those girls that´s why you hesitate to state your intentions and just talk about boring sh!t that neither you nor her care about.

If you really want to improve you have to push EVERY interaction. A number should be your last option. Go for an instant date instead.

You remind me of one of those little toddlers with the fancy white sunhat getting his feet wet at the shore who then starts to yell "Hey look at me, I can swim!!!"

Next time jump in the water. That´s how you really improve.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ripper said:
You are not immune to rejection. You can never be completely immune to rejection. You can get to the stage where it's not a big deal because you're spinning other plates or you're job rules or you're making progress in some other area of your life.
I don't know man. I am pretty much immune to rejection, and I think a lot of other guys are too. Even if a girl turns me down real bad, I just carry on with regular life like nothing happened.

You have to recognise the distinction between not caring and not caring about the outcome. At the moment you're doing the former which is making you complacent as someone pointed out above and you're not learning from your experiences thus your hit-rate is not going up.
This is good advice though. :up:

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks like elstud has come a long way since the last time i was here.........not

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
I don't know man. I am pretty much immune to rejection, and I think a lot of other guys are too. Even if a girl turns me down real bad, I just carry on with regular life like nothing happened.
Should have been clearer here. What I meant was that not everyone who you meet in life will accept you. They will, in that sense, reject you. The way to deal with this is to accept this fact (ties in very closely with the not trying to please everybody mentality). Once you accept this fact you can 'carry on with regular life like nothing happened.'

What you're saying quite rightly, is that someone else's rejection of you does not affect your self-esteem. It's not that you're immune to rejection, after all, as you say, 'even if a girl turns me down real bad' which is another way of saying 'even if she rejects me', but rather that you're immune to the the feelings of negative self-worth that can and do accompany rejection.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
There are no failures, just learning lessons. - Style, The Game.