"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

FR: Mental tip, know your strength ...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Tonight I was at accounting tutoring and I had to get get a drink. And as I was walking out two girls I have been flirting with on occasion were just walking in through the hallway and they caught me coming out, so one of them said:

Girl: Hey, are you skipping class?
Me: I sure am!
Girl:You should be ashamed about yourself.

So, I walked down the hall and then headed back, and I noticed they were walking towards me, and one of the girls came and stood right in fron of me and looked me in the eyes with a big smile on her face, and I looked at her back smiling.

After a few seconds I asked..

Me: what?

She just stood there and giggled a little and then she stepped out of the way and the other girl came up and asked:

Girl: I've had a stressful day.
Girl: Can I have a hug?
Me: Sure, what are you going to give me?

The other girl was watching this and started to giggle when I said that.

Girl: [facial look changed] hmmm, a hug...
Me: [opening arms] Alright, come give me a hug.

So she was standing there hugging me for about 30 seconds and said

Girl: I'm done, are you done?
Me: Nope

*15 seconds later*

Girl: Are you done yet?
Me: Nope, still not done...

15 seconds later past and she got impatient and started squirming out of my arms saying "let me go." So I let her go and said "I'm done now."

She didn't seem very happy. She commented that it "wasn't a hug that I gave her," so I just walked off after she said that.

My AFC self wants to tell me that I did wrong, but I truly don't know as I just acted myself. I guess if I really screwed up on her and she stops giving me open IOIs I can always find another girl that will willfully want to flirt/make-out whatever. I have other ones anyways.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Sounds like the hugging went on too long. Sounds kind of klingy or something.

You should have accused her of trying to grab your ass or something.

C + F
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by Ever onward
Sounds like the hugging went on too long. Sounds kind of klingy or something.

You should have accused her of trying to grab your ass or something.

C + F
I was actually teasing her be cause she insisted on getting a hug. It's possible I had blown it, but then who knows. She could come prancing by me tommorow wanting a kiss on the cheek or something for all I know.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Duuuuude

Why did you just walk off? You're too insecure, you should've just continued flirting with them.

And how come you didn't hug the other girl?

Jeez man... Come on... just cause you're hugging her for one minute, doesn't mean you're should be embarassed.

Talk to the other chick. Give her a hug. Say that you're not sure which girl you like hugging better. Hug them both. Kiss them on their cheeks.

I mean COME ON MAN! 2 girls have hots for you and you get shy cause you hugged one of them for too long.

Work on your insecurities.
 

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
My god, where the fvck do you find these girls all the time rgreere?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by Dapper Swindler
My god, where the fvck do you find these girls all the time rgreere?
They sort of find me ... I get approached by cute sometimes hot girls all the time. I had twelve of them by the first day of freshman orientation.

The problem is that a few of them who are interested always taper off from me blowing them off after a while.
 
Top