"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

FR: mall kiosk girl

donjuan matteo

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
la
So I was setup for a blind date with some chick my buddy told me about. After meeting up with her and realizing she was 9 years younger than me and we had zero in common (plus she was only an hb7) I told her I was really busy and I'd try to hollar at her later on.

So after ditching the hb7, I'm walking through the mall, which is about to close, when I spot a dope ass hb8.5 arranging merchandise by herself at a kiosk. What a perfect, perfect opportunity...

I go to the kiosk, and pick up some of the little boxes they sell, standing next to the blonde hb8.5 who looks like cameron diaz. I say to her, "hey" and get solid eye contact. She looks down and away (good sign) and says "hi there". "so what is this stuff you are gonna try to sell to me?" She laughs. I start lightly poking fun at her, cause she is selling boxed cheese.

Things are rolling along perfectly at this point, she's telling me abut her school. her family at the holidays, and we are chatting it up. Finally I say, "ok, listen, you were such a talented and friendly sales person, I am going to buy one of your cheeses, as a gift for my mom". She says "oh great, she will love it!" and then says..."oh...sorry, but my register is closed already".

At this point I made a face like I was *very* disappointed in her. "well, t his is just no good at all...girl you are killin' me here" She laughs some more. so I say, "ok, listen, I know how you can make it up to me...would you prefer to take me to lunch or dinner?"

She turns red and turns away, not knowing how to answer, I think she was very very shy. I pulled out my phone and just said "give me your number" Her pupils dialte, and she hesitates. "....so I can try to call you later in the week, but I really am a busy guy" I figured there was no chance of me getting the digits, and 5 seconds which seemed like eternity passes..."555-4545" she rattled em off, and I put em in my phone. me, "bye" ;)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Great example of how confidence and a non-threatening approach can do wonders. This girl seemed really shy and I'm willing to bet a lot that if you just approached her on the street and flat out asked her out you would have received a very different result.
 

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Alberta
that seems the best way to do it sence you come off as a light bubbly kinda pesron that ppl enjoy beng around. cold approaches you come off as a stranger and she has no impression of you
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
555? It's gotta be fake.

Btw, when girls hesitate to give me a number I usually wait until she tells me the last digit. Then I pretend to mess up the entry on the cell phone and start over. If she hesitates or gives you the wrong digits you will know. Unless of course she has her rejection # well rehearsed.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top