Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fountain of Youth

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I recently re-read this post and something else struck me about it. Pook is advocating that you return your attitude to how it was when you were a kid, before you were flooded with testosterone. But Pook has elsewhere maintained that it is this testosterone that is what really attracts women. So are you supposed to act manly (full of testosterone) or like a kid (not full of testosterone)? Seems like a contradiction to me.

Apparently I'm the only one reading this thread, I notice I have the last three responses :)
Guys before they are born are also flooded with testosterone though to a much smaller degree. I think this post is more about how when guys grow up and follow social norms they drop the sh!t they use to do to girls when they were little boys like punching and teasing girls (or was that just me :p ). Also the post about testosterone (I believe you are talking about the skinny guy post?) says that testosterone is just one factor in attraction not the be all end all. This post is about something completely different, about the attitude when you were a kid I don't think they can be quite compared. Of course I never take a Pook post completely literally I doubt acting like a little kid would land me more second dates :D

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this post is more about how when guys grow up and follow social norms they drop the sh!t they use to do to girls when they were little
That's partly it. I think the point is also not to let yourself get so frazzled by your hormones that you let women affect you. Don't let being around them make you nervous, don't treat them differently because you have all these hormones rushing through you.

the post about testosterone (I believe you are talking about the skinny guy post?)
That talks about testosterone, but I was actually referring to "The Secret of the Jerk":
http://sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17008
You'd have to scroll down to the bit about the science of testosterone and the part at the end about how to increase your testosterone.

Of course I never take a Pook post completely literally I doubt acting like a little kid would land me more second dates
You're right, you can't really take a Pook post literally. Not this one, anyway. I think this post makes some very good and valid points. I just don't think it stands up to scrutiny and logic that well. But it's more of a philosophical post, so that's okay. There are always contradictions when it comes to pickup theory.

Someone characterized this post as "treat women as if they were little girls". And that's a good way to put it too, but you can't exactly do that literally either, for obvious reasons.

Pook also said that he was writing about himself, for himself. And that if what he wrote fit someone else, fine. Everything he wrote isn't going to fit everyone.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea of becoming like when you were a kid is probably flawed if your childhood was horrible from the start.

I can only speak for myself when I remember that I was doing really well socially back then and even had elementary school girlfriends ;)
I'm sorry if you cannot relate to that, but for me interaction was so much easier back then. You wanna come play in my sandbox? See my new toy? Wanna come over in the afternoon? Lets go running through the corn fields!

Of course, all that ended when I changed schools and became a chump back in the day, but shhhh ;)

TL;DR: I like this advice, and at least to me, it is very good!

mice

Reaction score
She must FEEL like she's 65 years old actual age doesn't count once they start getting the feels like message. Even a tribe member who is 200 can still have babies as long as their feel age is low.

Jizzee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going back to Pooks earlier post regarding just having fun, I was watching this British Television Show this morning and on it was a girl in her 20's who was single, going to three other guys houses while they cooked her a meal.
They were all good looking guys, in good shape and good dress sense. She herself was an attractive girl.
Guy number one was fun, just enjoying himself, showing some interest in her but mainly enjoying the night. Dressed in a nice shirt and pants, just looked well-groomed. I dont believe he was a professional or anything from what I remember.
Guy number two was a professional in the banking world, confident, assured with a very nice house, he also wrote her a poem (she said just before he read her the poem that she once had a guy do that and it made her cringe), he read it anyways and made a joke out of him reading the poem. The poem was witty and she laughed.
Guy number three was into adventure sports and was very toned, nice house, cooked a great meal, dressed fantastic but there was no spark betwen them and he sort of made her hand the dishes to him once they had finished eating. She picked up on this and mentioned it later.

I rarely watch television and find it hard to believe most of what I see on there but....
She picked the fun guy!

He just treat it like he expected it, but very very casually, joking with her in the taxi something about he hopes her food is up to scratch otherwise he's off andI swear, she had the Deer in the Headlights look on her face as no guy has probably ever spoke to her like that before.

Being serious can be good in some respects, work etc.. but dammit, I just want to have some fun.