Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fountain of Youth

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I've pored through the mASF forums, read up on DYD, Gunwitch, RSD, Mystery Method, and skimmed through everything I could on inner game...

But this post is the BEST that I've run across!

Simply outstanding.

Virtú

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was never like any of that when I was a child.

Can I still benefit from this? How?

Last edited:

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe a Pook section in the DJ bible?

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post but contradictory...states the dangers of over intellectualising life, but in essence thats just what this is doing...in fact, im doing it right now myself...ill shutup... :)

Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
-Girls were to be guided, teased, because, after all, they were girls and, as such, tended to mess things up. You pulled their hair, made fun of their clothes...

...not because an internet guy named DeAngelo told you to do so,

hahahaha

comminback

Don Juan
Reaction score
With one sip, the 'complexity' of women just vanish
With two sips, you no longer want to 'talk' and 'intellectualize' with girls, you just want to run around and have fun.

With three sips, you look at all these 'manifestos' of women and how to get women with disbelief!
This is the exact reason why I drink when I go out!!! (J/K)

You ever wonder why it is always the alcohol's fault when you go out drinking and have more fun and not worring about what women think.

True masters get this feeling without drinking, just the natrual high.

Keep the post's comming, and keep that worry free mindset of what the hell women want, and get what you want. They are out there for a reason, to have a good time, and your name is "good time"!

Later

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beeyouehmpee

Kaptain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
I bet when you were a kid, you were a natural Don Juan. I bet you got all the girls in the sandbox. As a child, you knew how to treat women better then even though you are now an adult. Some of these factors include that you....
I have found the statment to BE the most powerfull and truest thing write on this board.

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, Mr Pook, its easy to see now why well..... your like a GOD here to so many! ( including myself )

Being ' Mature ' in the way society views it was never going to suit me. All it did to me was drive me to depression that was suicidal at one point, that was over 3 years ago. Then I just realised: What the point? I think lyrics from a song called ' Product of Society ; would sum it up

' Do you wanna, do you wanna be
Do you wanna, do you wanna be
Another puppet on a string
Product of society
Do you wanna , do you wanna be '

The reason I became so gosh god - damned depressed and AFCish was because my family literally shoved a load of macho bullcrap down my throat about what I could and couldn't do, ( like i couldn't play Mario games because it was ' childish ' , I was literally told that I couldn't THINK like that! ) that I needed to be ' sensible ' and ' mature '

...... Holy Crap...... I think I now know a possible reason for alcoholism in familes ( like mine ) ..... people got so overrun and supressed, that they end up resorting to alcohol as an escape!

One of the effects of this is that it made me into a somewhat bitter intellect / philsophor, something that stayed with me through all of Secondary School, even when I began clawing back my life and shape in the way I wanted it to go!

Recently though, I seems like that philsophical and bitter side has being DRASTICLY toned down, allowing me to be young and free! I've also noticed that recently especailly, I've found it easier to talk to women at times because of this! :D

Another thing is that I still live at home ( for now ) and my family are literally driving me nuts because I couldn't find work experince for christmas, it wasn't my top priorty, I was too busy being.. well.... young and enjoying myself to really care too much , its little wonder I didn't tell them until the last minute. WHO really cares? I ALWAYS sort things out, even if takes longer than usual!

My brother especailly is driving me insane, telling I should quit college now and get a job. He obviously doesn't like seeing my happy unless I'm drunk ( which happened only once, at my 18th ) , I'm pretty sure, they want to see me like them, in a job I hate, miserable and an alcoholic, things I never want to be :rolleyes: any wonder moving out to a place of my own is my big plan for 2006?

In my Graphic Design class in college, we were asked to write our names on a sheet and spread it around the class. when I got my mine back, I was VERY surprised. I comments like ' smiley ' , ' smiles a lot ' , ' laughter ' and ' cheeky ' , it just comes to show that I'm becoming more like my child self. man, you should hear me laugh! Its really loud, like a childs!

OK, I got really full of myself there guys, sorry! :crackup:

To condsene my point;
You are your own person, no one on earth as the right to tell you otherwise. They are deep down, just jealous of your seemingly care - free attitude to life. **** them. Societies Ideals on how you should behave as as ' mature ' man are nothing but bad news!

Eien

Reaction score
My boyhood was totally not like that and nor was I...that would explain a new things and I became 'sad' at about 8 years old... In any case it's an interesting way to look at it..

-Knew that it was improper to be girlish. You would (and ought to) get beaten up on the playground.

Older people get an error in the brain called PHILOSOPHY that speaks bubble swelled words like 'relativity', 'revolution', freedom' and pop with the scent of rotten eggs of pious moralizations, bumper sticker arguments, and rambling dissertations. You knew, at an early age that YOU CANNOT FREE YOURSELF FROM GENDER.

In my case I knew of the ‘improperness’ when I was young, but it was what I most identified with and I hated my gender and wanted to be a girl.

-Girls were not to be taken seriously. After all, they are girls.

Total opposite – all important figures in my life were female – mother, sister, teachers – female opinion was far more significant.

It is the nice guy that takes the woman seriously in every and all things AND CANNOT SAY NO TO HER!)

True for me at a young age.

-Girls were to be guided, teased, because, after all, they were girls and, as such, tended to mess things up. You pulled their hair, made fun of their clothes...

I hardly teased anyone, especially girls, knowing that it generally elicited a more negative reaction and would upset the positive balance in a friendship.

...not because an internet guy named DeAngelo told you to do so, but because you knew instinctively that it was right and proper for you to do.

-As a boy, you would never leave the plans up to the woman. Oh, that would be awful! As a kid, you had to say WHAT you two were going to do, WHEN, WHERE, and sometimes WHY. You had to be direct.

I used to feel directness and assertiveness were offensive and overbearing when I was young.

-You did not get into serious talks with a girl. You did not turn her into Oprah. You did not try to impress her with how 'intellectual' you are. You probably hit her, cried "Tag!", ran off, and she would chase after you. You would get on the swings. You would push her off the slides. On the see-saw, you would try to fall as fast as possible to catapult her away.

I used to prefer the company of girls due to the fact that I could have meaningful conversations with them, although sometimes I would indulge in the sort of play described above.

Everything you did with a girl was ACTION dates. Nice Guys try to cook the lady dinner. YOU wouldn't even DARE do such a thing when you were young. Now I know why some of my best dates are ones as simple as taking the girl to the park and run around like little kids. Action! Action! Action!

I never dated.

-As a kid you loved to sing. You loved to laugh.

What do you do now? You are so uptight that you wouldn’t catch yourself dead singing outside your home. And what happened to that happy laughter that marked your childhood? Why are you taking everything so seriously now!?

I was always timid, in fact I am more expressive now than then.

-You had toys and loved to play with them. When the girls entered your sphere, you insisted on playing with YOUR toys. You would ride your bike at death defying speeds. You played with cranes and Tonka dump trucks. You LOVED firetrucks.

When you grow up, your Hot Wheels cars turn into super fast sport cars (which you still drive at death defying speeds). Your cranes and dump trucks turn into the big ones and you still love the firetrucks. Compare this to the Nice Guy who does not understand the beauty of construction or get scared at the idea of firetrucks. There is a reason why women LOVE firemen

I liked toys of both genders.

-You embraced your imagination. If you played with a girl, it was to be on your terms. You will not find a boy that says to a girl, "Whatever YOU want to do." I remember flicking caterpillars on girls (and they loved it!). You would point to the girl and go, "You are the detective and I am the cop." And then you pointed to others and go, "Look at these villains! Come, we must round them up!" And the girls joyfully played the part.

What do you do NOW? "Let's go get dinner." BORING.

Normally I would negotiate and it would be a compromise for both of us, I felt that taking charge was unfair for the other person.

-Even at your young age, you were aware of fashion. Your mother was perplexed at why you couldn't wear THAT shirt or put on THOSE shoes. You knew the importance clothes and appearance had.

Nice Guys and chumps try to say nothing for appearance and say, "she will like me for who I am", and, with the same breath, ignore the chicks who do nothing appearance wise (big whale chicks, pimply chicks, and such) while getting shot down at the real women.

I hated being hemmed in by fashion conventions and still do now, especially as there are only like four different types of clothes that men can wear to look good.

-When you were young, your father was a DEMI-GOD. You both feared and loved him. He could be playful when he wanted to. But, always, he was a SOURCE of STRENGTH, always confidant, and always seemed to know the solution to any problem you came across. This feeling of awe you thought of your father is the perfect definition of a MAN.

When you strive to be that same towering figure, which seemed to have solutions to all problems, confidence for all troubles, know how for all messes, stability for all storms, women will react to you in the same way. It is said, "Women want to marry their fathers." But this phrase has been taken completely out of context. Women want to marry THAT guy, that MAN they knew when they were a little girl. You can only understand and become that man through the eyes of the young boy.

My father was hardly ever around due to divorce, but when he was, he was not this type of figure – he was too different for me to relate to, and I never had this type of male figure with which I could relate or wish to be.

Thankyou for this post as it has allowed me to explore some deep roots of my lack of (i.e. no) success - I agree that natural gender roles between children are perfect for development at a young age but are corrupted by media stereotypes, hormones and restriction to societal conventions.

Last edited:

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pook said:
Your body doesn't get corrupted by Time. It gets corrupted by cell division error and free radicals. In the same manner, your mind/soul doesn't age. It gets corrupted with 'intellect', 'philosphies', and 'education'.
This may sound really Nerdy but this metaphor relates to me a little:

Our minds are like computers. As we continue to use them, they become slower due to all the crap within them, files and stuff which build up over time. this is like our minds 'corrupted by social conditoning', telling us what is right what is wrong.

we need to scan our computers :crackup: or wipe our minds and free ourselves from these ideas planted their.
lol our brainwashing when it comes to women is like spyware

i know i sound like a nerd

The Grey Fox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree, out of all the good posts and articles I've seen this is probably the BEST of them all, Pook could have made loads of money on all these works of art if he wanted to but I guess that would never have bothered him :)

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Grey Fox said:
I have to agree, out of all the good posts and articles I've seen this is probably the BEST of them all, Pook could have made loads of money on all these works of art if he wanted to but I guess that would never have bothered him :)
When you get to Pook's level, money is just a given thing ;)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But what if I told you that you were always a Don Juan at one point in time? And I do not mean in a specific situation or hour, I mean at one point in your life you KNEW EVERYTHING ABOUT WOMEN and handled them WITH PERFECT EASE, so perfect that it was 100% NATURAL and if anyone told you to view a website or books for 'information' you would laugh yourself silly!

Wouldn't that change everything? Wouldn't you say to yourself, "Well! If I was the PERFECT Don Juan then I would try to remember how I THOUGHT and what I DID when I WAS that Don Juan rather than mine endless posts and books. After all, if I WAS a Don Juan, then I require only recollection NOT revelation."

Go find a picture of yourself when you were a young kid (say at age 6). Look at him! He is smiling gleefully without a care in the world. He doesn't know he is going to turn into the sad adult that you are now. Hormonally, the only difference between you and your youthful shadow is that you are flooded in testosterone and in a state of chemical madness. Your youthful shadow knows better of the joys of life. It is no wonder parents find their offspring such a wonder as they reframe the dull life of bills, appointments, and responsibilities with the fire of youth.
Most people here seem to think this is brilliant, coming as it is from the great Pook. And maybe it is, for you. But I agree with some of the other posters here. My childhood was nothing like this. I was raised as an only child and I was very shy. As a result my interactions with other kids were awkward and painful for a very long time. Fortunately I was eventually able to move past it by the time I reached adulthood. It was something of a life work for me. But this just doesn't apply to me at all.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that this idea is totally New Age BS. Tyler Durden (who has some great ideas) also espouses this line of thinking. If you find something helpful, useful, or encouraging here that applies to you, that's great, by all means use it. But I don't think the original post would stand up to any sort of critical thinking.

The idea is that at one time you were this perfect innocent child and you could approach anyone until the world got to you and wounded you, and that's when you became anxious. I don't buy this. Some children are bolder than others, that's just a part of personality. It's a natural thing for humans to be fearful of the unknown, which is why a lot of small children will hide behind their mommy's skirts when they see strangers and such. Social skills have to be learned, you're not born with them.

It's similar to the idea that all children are inheritently good. But put little kids together and they will start to hurt each other, fighting, stealing each other's toys, etc. See Lord of the Flies for example. I don't buy this idea that at one time you were a perfect pickup artist and you just have to remember it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently re-read this post and something else struck me about it. Pook is advocating that you return your attitude to how it was when you were a kid, before you were flooded with testosterone. But Pook has elsewhere maintained that it is this testosterone that is what really attracts women. So are you supposed to act manly (full of testosterone) or like a kid (not full of testosterone)? Seems like a contradiction to me.

Apparently I'm the only one reading this thread, I notice I have the last three responses :)